Jump to content

Right-wing extremists have a right to speak, not a right to be listened to


Recommended Posts

Individuals like Spencer and Jongen are seeking legitimacy from institutions such as universities that pride themselves on taking all views seriously, but their goal isn’t to contribute to open ways of thinking that promote free inquiry. Rather, their hope is to establish oppressive systems of culture and government that exclude the most vulnerable from participation in public life. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/06/right-wing-extremists-have-a-right-to-speak-not-a-right-to-be-listened-to/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-posteverything%3Ahomepage%2Fcard

 

Good point. We have a president who praised American nazis. Time to shut them down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, untitled said:

Individuals like Spencer and Jongen are seeking legitimacy from institutions such as universities that pride themselves on taking all views seriously, but their goal isn’t to contribute to open ways of thinking that promote free inquiry. Rather, their hope is to establish oppressive systems of culture and government that exclude the most vulnerable from participation in public life. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/06/right-wing-extremists-have-a-right-to-speak-not-a-right-to-be-listened-to/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-posteverything%3Ahomepage%2Fcard

 

Good point. We have a president who praised American nazis. Time to shut them down.

Trump did not praise any Nazi's

 

That's a lie

 

Obama said there's good people in Syria.

Did that mean he thinks ISIS is "good people"?

Must be..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Z09 said:

Trump did not praise any Nazi's

 

That's a lie

 

Obama said there's good people in Syria.

Did that mean he thinks ISIS is "good people"?

Must be..

 

Trump praised the nazis by calling them "good people." Why is this hard for you to comprehend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, untitled said:

 

Trump praised the nazis by calling them "good people." Why is this hard for you to comprehend?

Obama said there were good people in Syria.   He must have meant ISIS and Assad right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When people speak that you don't want to listen to, then stay home and watch Sunday NFL Football.  I hear they are desperate for anyone to watch them play these days.  Make sure you order some papa johns pizza too - they aren't too happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skans said:

When people speak that you don't want to listen to, then stay home and watch Sunday NFL Football.  I hear they are desperate for anyone to watch them play these days.  Make sure you order some papa johns pizza too - they aren't too happy.

 

Dumb post from a dumb person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

lol...  so why do liberals work so hard trying to silence their opposition, making it impossible to say what they want?

 

They can say whatever they want. No one is stopping them

Just because they don't have more people than others with free speech, doesn't mean they can't speak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, justrying said:

They can say whatever they want. No one is stopping them

Just because they don't have more people than others with free speech, doesn't mean they can't speak

When  you prevent them from taking a stage, you are preventing their freedom of speech.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, justrying said:

They can say whatever they want. No one is stopping them

Just because they don't have more people than others with free speech, doesn't mean they can't speak

 

As the article states, universities don't have to invite these right wing extremists to campus. Let them go on FOX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

A person does not truly believe in free speech until they are willing to vigorously defend the right of someone, with whom the vehemently disagree, to speak.

 

 

Uh huh. And how is that related to the thread topic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...