People Are Fed Up With Thoughts And Prayers. Does Anyone Else Realize How Stupid That Sounds After A Shooting In A Church Where People Were Praying?

President Donald Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and many other political leaders sent their “thoughts and prayers” to Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday after a gunman killed 26 people and injured 20 more at the First Baptist Church.

But many on Twitter pointed out that the victims were attending church, likely already engaged in prayer, and still suffered at the hands of a gunman.

Now, they say, it’s time for politicians to offer something more than thoughts and prayers:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sutherland-springs-thoughts-and-prayers_us_59ffd663e4b0c96530005a31

President Donald Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and many other political leaders sent their “thoughts and prayers” to Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday after a gunman killed 26 people and injured 20 more at the First Baptist Church.

But many on Twitter pointed out that the victims were attending church, likely already engaged in prayer, and still suffered at the hands of a gunman.

Now, they say, it’s time for politicians to offer something more than thoughts and prayers:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sutherland-springs-thoughts-and-prayers_us_59ffd663e4b0c96530005a31

14 minutes ago, skews13 said:

Ironic since the shooter was an atheist and preached it.  Nice that you agree with the shooter....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html

Being a Christian doesn't mean bad things wont happen to you. It is a system of belief to help you work your way through this fallen world but a rabid atheist such as your self is too self-absorbed to see beyond your own bigotry. 

8 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Thoughts and prayers do not seem to stop bullets.

They are not for stopping bullets. They are for consoling those in need. It is a way for a community or a society to come together and show support. I think it is disgusting how you atheists want to tell others how they can deal with an evil or tragic event. You deal with it your way and others will deal with it their way.

Pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

Ironic since the shooter was an atheist and preached it.  Nice that you agree with the shooter....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html

Are you getting lame, their God didn't defend them, so what good is praying to him going to do. Pretty stupid if you ask me. You would have a better chance at life praying to an armored vest.

2 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

They are not for stopping bullets. They are for consoling those in need. It is a way for a community or a society to come together and show support. I think it is disgusting how you atheists want to tell others how they can deal with an evil or tragic event. You deal with it your way and others will deal with it their way.

Pathetic. 

Those people were in need of a brain transplant. You don't need a church for target practice to get together. Tell you? LMAO!! Trying to save your life by waking your the fuck up to reality is met with rebuke.

Just answer the question.

Did your all knowing God let this happen?

@skews13

I applaud you on this one for sure. Prayers should be reserved for the idiots writing the laws. Prayers that they burn in Hell for what they do not do and allow, in the name of false promises and protections, resulting in the deaths of the innocent.

1 minute ago, benson13 said:

What would the rednecks do if they really knew what Jesus most likely really looked like??????

jesusface.jpg

I think most Christians know the man named Jesus looked more like Muhamed than Randy. His physical appearance isn't a secret. The only people who perpetuated the "white Jesus" is Hollywood movie writers, actors and directors.

1 minute ago, FatLibertarianDude said:

I'm not a religious person but the "thought and prayers" is just a placebo. Kinda like safe spaces and screaming into the sky in frustration that Trump was elected.

I agree with that one as well...the rest is just nonsense. Trump is who we have, it is not up to us to try and justify what he does as we did not vote him in. It is up to all of  us to point out what he does to all of us now.

13 minutes ago, FatLibertarianDude said:

I'm not a religious person but the "thought and prayers" is just a placebo. Kinda like safe spaces and screaming into the sky in frustration that Trump was elected.

Don't know about the screaming in the sky part, but a reality named Mueller is about to cause some real frustration for his supporters. Whom I predict will be using placebos and screaming at the sky.

1 hour ago, skews13 said:

Did anyone point out those idiots that the people in that church knew/know that there is evil in the world and Satan is always doing things to weaken the faith of a believer?

2 hours ago, shintao said:

Are you getting lame, their God didn't defend them, so what good is praying to him going to do. Pretty stupid if you ask me. You would have a better chance at life praying to an armored vest.

Prayer is for us to realign our selves with God. It is our way of communing with God. You akin it to throwing pennies in a wishing well. That is not what prayer is. You simply do not understand what it is but it doesn't stop you from making uninformed statements. 

The irony is you atheists all talking the same things this shooter did. Very nice that you all keep on message no matter how bad you look.