Another Trump Gang Member caught lying about Russia - Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Failed To Disclose Ties To Vladimir Putin

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross shares business interests with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s son-in-law, a connection that he failed to disclose earlier this year during his confirmation hearing for his Cabinet post, NBC News reports.

Ross’ link to Putin appears in the Paradise Papers, a leaked trove of millions of financial documents made public on Sunday by a partnership of media organizations and the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.

Ross, a billionaire industrialist and a close friend of President Donald Trump, continues to hold a stake in a Russian shipping firm controlled by a Russian oligarch, Putin’s son-in-law, and other members of Putin’s inner circle, according to the documents.

Daniel Fried, an assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs under President George W. Bush, told The Guardian that Ross’ ties to Putin’s “cronies” could undermine U.S. sanctions on Russia.

In January, ahead of his confirmation, Ross agreed to sell some but not all of his global assets that posed a conflict of interest to his future position. He also agreed, as required by law, to recuse himself from matters in which he would have a direct financial interest.

Ross’ spokesman told The Guardian that his stake in the Russian firm would not conflict with his duties as commerce secretary and that Ross “recuses himself from any matters focused on transoceanic shipping vessels.”

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), who sits on the Senate Commerce Committee, said Ross “misled” him and the committee by failing to disclose links to Russian interests.

“With Wilbur Ross revelations, question must be asked - whose interests come first in this Administration?” Blumenthal asked Sunday on Twitter.

Ross is only the latest high-ranking member of the Trump administration who failed to disclose ties to Russia or Russian officials.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is being called by Democrats to testify again before the Senate Judiciary Committee to clarify past claims that he was unaware of any communication between members of Trump’s presidential campaign and Russian officials. According to recently unsealed court documents, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos spoke multiple times with Russians about setting up a meeting between Putin and then-presidential candidate Trump, and that Sessions was at the gatherings where Papadopoulos discussed the topic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I own STOCK in Uranium One, so that makes ME having ties to Vladimir Putin, right???

BECAUSE there is NO DIRECT LINK to ANYTHING "Russian" OTHER than Ross OWNS STOCK in a company that happens to ship natural gas and petroleum products produced BY THE RUSSIANS. To the tune of 8% or so of their TOTAL SHIPPING REVENUE!!!

So, he has NO CONTROL over the company, has no board of director membership, not part of the management team, but he OWNS STOCK ONLY!!

And you fucking shitstains want to call THAT "corruption"??????

You MORONS are absolutely THE MOST EASILY MANIPULATED PIECES OF SHIT THAT EVER WALKED THIS PLANET!!

EVER!!!!!

With Manafort, It Really Is About Russia, Not Ukraine

In 2010, with Mr. Manafort’s help, Mr. Yanukovych was elected president. His campaign, primarily targeting voters in the east, was based on opposition to NATO and advocacy for Russian-language rights. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Gates received tens of millions of dollars for this work. Vladimir Putin — who had already invaded and occupied part of the Republic of Georgia — made it clear that Moscow was determined to keep Ukraine out of NATO and firmly within Russia’s sphere of influence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/opinion/with-manafort-it-really-is-about-russia-not-ukraine.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Just now, untitled said:

Oh dear. This should have been over when Trump said he fired Comey for investing his connection to Russia.

^^ dumbass thinks this is what happened:

Comey:  You're not under investigation

Comey:  You're not under investigation.

Trump:  You're fired for investigating me. 

No.  Really.   These morons actually believe this shit. 

3 minutes ago, untitled said:

Some people still think Nixon should not have resigned.

Some people are laughing at how unhinged you morons have become. 

Why haven't you told DimWit how the NY Times admitted Ross' investments were disclosed when he was considered for office?

3 hours ago, Golfboy said:

^^ dumbass thinks this is what happened:

Comey:  You're not under investigation.

Trump:  You're fired for investigating me. 

No.  Really.   These morons actually believe this shit. 

This is what actually happened:

Comey:  You're not under investigation YET

Trump:  Do you promise to NEVER investigate me?

Comey: No

Trump:  You're fired.  Wow, I sure am glad I fired Comey - there was a lot of pressure on ME from the Russian investigation, but now that I've fired Comey, all that pressure is off of ME.

GolfTard: I see nothing!  Screeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D:D:D