Donna Brazile: I considered replacing Clinton with Biden as 2016 Democratic nominee

Former Democratic National Committee head Donna Brazile writes in a new book that she seriously contemplated replacing Hillary Clinton as the party’s 2016 presidential nominee with then-Vice President Biden in the aftermath of Clinton’s fainting spell, in part because Clinton’s campaign was “anemic” and had taken on “the odor of failure.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/brazile-i-considered-replacing-clinton-with-biden-as-2016-democratic-nominee/2017/11/04/f0b75418-bf4c-11e7-97d9-bdab5a0ab381_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_donna-204pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazile is attempting to put herself on the winning side of the coming revolution within the party. The grassroots are going to rise up against the corporate dems and she is positioning herself in the most cynical of moves.

I hope she fails.

Just now, slideman said:

Brazile is attempting to put herself on the winning side of the coming revolution within the party. The grassroots are going to rise up against the corporate dems and she is positioning herself in the most cynical of moves.

I hope she fails.

If she didn't say anything, no one else would. Good for her.

Just now, untitled said:

If she didn't say anything, no one else would. Good for her.

many of us have had a lot to say about Hillary before Brazile tried to jump on hte bandwagon. She was complicit in Hillary's cheating and we will not forget.

Former DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile Cashes in After Helping Clinton Win Primaries

Exposed for cheating, Brazile is monetizing her culpabilityhttp://observer.com/2017/07/dnc-interim-chair-donna-brazile-book-deal/

"CNN severed ties with Brazile after Wikileaks released emails from Clinton Campaign Chair John Podesta revealing that Brazile tipped off the Clinton campaign to questions before CNN debates. Brazile also informed Clinton’s team about a social media campaign that Bernie Sanders was engaged in during the primaries.

In July 2014, Brazile told the Washington Post, “Technically, I’m neutral, but neutrality is something that gets you in trouble because, you ever notice someone who stands on the white line in the middle of the road? They get run over. And I don’t want to get run over. So I’m not neutral. I have to tell people that I’m neutral, but I’m ready for Hillary.”

Just now, slideman said:

Former DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile Cashes in After Helping Clinton Win Primaries

Exposed for cheating, Brazile is monetizing her culpabilityhttp://observer.com/2017/07/dnc-interim-chair-donna-brazile-book-deal/

"CNN severed ties with Brazile after Wikileaks released emails from Clinton Campaign Chair John Podesta revealing that Brazile tipped off the Clinton campaign to questions before CNN debates. Brazile also informed Clinton’s team about a social media campaign that Bernie Sanders was engaged in during the primaries.

In July 2014, Brazile told the Washington Post, “Technically, I’m neutral, but neutrality is something that gets you in trouble because, you ever notice someone who stands on the white line in the middle of the road? They get run over. And I don’t want to get run over. So I’m not neutral. I have to tell people that I’m neutral, but I’m ready for Hillary.”

Pelosi and Schumer are corrupt and useless. Doesn't matter.

Just now, benson13 said:

Untitled.....just remember, the gop is Nominating ted 'Crap His Pants' nugent for 2020.....so make sure you stay home on Election Day and Pout looking for ONLY that perfect candidate that doesn't exist!!

You are both stupid and uninformed. Quit telling others what to do, it makes you look like a buffoon. 

24 minutes ago, benson13 said:

and the gop would have eaten Biden for breakfast as they would have 'Everything will be Free Bernie' if he won the Nomination

"everything for free Bernie..."

that's funny

27 minutes ago, untitled said:

Perhaps, but she was concerned. Turned out she was correct.

No one could really know that at the time. She won by 3 million votes and narrowly lost a few key states. It could easily have gone the other way. The 'fainting spells' weren't a problem.

25 minutes ago, benson13 said:

and the gop would have eaten Biden for breakfast as they would have 'Everything will be Free Bernie' if he won the Nomination

I don't think anyone has any justification for claiming that - and that Bernie very likely would have beaten trump. Bernie would get all the populist votes trump stole pretty much.

2 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

No one could really know that at the time. She won by 3 million votes and narrowly lost a few key states. It could easily have gone the other way. The 'fainting spells' weren't a problem.

If losing is winning, yeah.

why is this woman pumping her book right before election day? if she is such a good democrat why didn;'t she wait til next Wednesday to spew her opinions? she is a dumbass who blew it for al gore in 2000. of course that imbecile joe Lieberman didn't help. that clown let cheney get away with claiming the gumamint had nothing to do with cheney  amassing wealth.

1 minute ago, harryramar said:

why is this woman pumping her book right before election day? if she is such a good democrat why didn;'t she wait til next Wednesday to spew her opinions? she is a dumbass who blew it for al gore in 2000. of course that imbecile joe Lieberman didn't help. that clown let cheney get away with claiming the gumamint had nothing to do with cheney  amassing wealth.

Democrats are rudderless with no leadership.

9 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

Outside of California she lost.