A first I didn't think much of Colin Kaepernick's tactic although I agreed with his motives. Then I red a comment about how pigs with badges beat an innocent man who was on fire after hos car was hit. The comment said something to the effect, if you question why players are kneeling think about this video. Blacks are not the only victims of police brutality and police killings. Even if Blacks were the only victims everyone should be kneeling along side them. American police are out of control and many of them are without honor. I still believe that they do more good than harm but that does not mean that they are above criticism. A lot of assholes become cops in the US. 

Youtube is full of videos showing egregious behavior on the part of cops. For every video of cops getting caught acting bad there are probably 10 times as many incidences that never get caught. 

I live in an area with a well run police force. Sadly that is the exception and not the rule. It goes beyond management, training and recruitment. There is a toxic culture and atmosphere in law enforcement today that stinks of right wing authoritarianism. The soft fascism of corporatism has trickled down ossified into a harder fascism within our law enforcement community.  

Take a knee for not only African American victims of police brutality but for the constitution and rule of law. Badges don't grant extra rights

Image result for Trump is surrounded by idiots

I also supported his motives and not his tactic. And I'm also glad it's raised the awareness of this problem as much as it has.

I'm not sure where it's headed. There's no goal identified at which point the protests will end and no clear plan to improve the issue much.

USA, Land of the Free, has the highest incarceration rate in the World.  We have more inmates than any other nation on Earth.  Our police have become more brutal and now they are being militarized with heavy equipment they don't need to enforce any law.

10 minutes ago, bludog said:

USA, Land of the Free, has the highest incarceration rate in the World.  We have more inmates than any other nation on Earth.  Our police have become more brutal and now they are being militarized with heavy equipment they don't need to enforce any law.

We have laws.

And we have 320 million people...

All society has become more brutal it appears.

Not police

1 hour ago, Z09 said:

We have laws.

And we have 320 million people...

All society has become more brutal it appears.

Not police

Yeah.  Brutality in the form of smoking a joint. 

1 hour ago, fishhead said:

All cops should be required to have a bachelors degree, weed out some of the retards.

Absolutely.  And, the degrees should be in social work.  Too many cops today are inebriated with their own power.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

It would be interesting to see how many  numbers of cops would flunk out.

I would say probably 60% would flunk out.

What they really need to do is get more community oriented and rebuild trust with the communities.

I live in Canada for 7 months out of the year and having neighborhood liaison officers works wonders in building trust with the community.