Rick Perry under fire for suggestion fossil fuels can reduce sexual assault

7 minutes ago, untitled said:

“But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/02/rick-perry-fossil-fuels-sexual-assault

Jackass. Hard to believe he said that.

This is also a member of the same political party of Todd Adkin, the man who said women's reproductive system have a special way of shutting itself down in cases of rape so as to prevent pregnancy. Science, biology, women's rights, and facts aren't high on their priority list.

17 minutes ago, benson13 said:

Yea, like most republkiKan politicins, Perry is an Idiot...but look at republiKan voters

even dumber

You would think at some point that they would bottom out on stupidity, but they never do. It's really amazing if you think about it. How fucking low can they go? They should required by law to have a mentally handicapped sticker in the window of their cars.

6 hours ago, drvoke said:

You would think at some point that they would bottom out on stupidity, but they never do. It's really amazing if you think about it. How fucking low can they go? They should required by law to have a mentally handicapped sticker in the window of their cars.

Or stamped on their foreheads.

US energy secretary faces criticism from Sierra Club after describing girl who told him about the importance of electricity in African village.

So a village needs electricity (in a place that is perhaps dangerous to girls at night).

Do they have electricity at night?

Do the Earth First warriors provide enough solar power?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Perry, who was at an energy conference in Africa last week, said on Thursday that fossil fuels used to power electricity could help developing regions in the continent.

Oh that bastard.

What an evil twisted plot this devious mastermind is trying to suggest.

To the Bat Cave Snowflakes !!!

“Let me tell you where people are dying, is in Africa, because of the lack of energy they have there,” Perry said at an event sponsored by the news site Axios and NBC News.

“And it’s going to take fossil fuels to push power out into those villages in Africa, where a young girl told me to my face: ‘One of the reasons that electricity is so important to me is not only because I’m not going to have to try and read by the light of a fire and have those fumes literally killing people.’”

He sounds concerned about people and their safety.

What a nice guy.

Abort the Bat Cave Snowflakes

He continued: “But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts.”

O.K., that is kinda weird, but that's all it is ... kinda weird.

If he's channeling Weinstein ... I don't know, but africa does have a civil rights problem in this regard and maybe he is a little too religious for his own good.

Anyways, it make for spastic headlines the Snowflakes can get colonic over ... as we can see.

Shaylyn Hynes, a Department of Energy spokeswoman, told the Hill that in Africa, “one person told [Perry] about how light can be a deterrent to sexual assault and security in remote areas”.

She added: “Those powerful stories stuck with him and that is what he was sharing with the crowd in Washington today.”

I can believe that.

He's a real simple guy.

kj