Tax-Cuts....Much Like "Voter Fraud" Legislation.....

November 2, 2017

"This is our opportunity to make tax reform a reality," said House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady, R-Texas, at the bill's official unveiling, and the rest of the House leadership was no less giddy.

7 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Tax cuts never worked before. 

Ya' can't very-well say that.

They worked, REALLY WELL, for those 1%ers/High-Roller$....who were heavily-invested in our weapons-industry....who'd gotten THEIR tax-cuts, right BEFORE Lil' Dumbya pulled-the-pin on the IRAQ WAR.

Liberals will say it is tax cut for the riches 1%, cry about tax revenue being slashed, people dying in the streets because the government can't pay them their welfare monies and little Timmy wont be able to get his sex change operation. 

I am damn happy we have a real chance to get tax cuts. It makes all of Trump's stupid twitter tweets worth it. 

The Progressive shitbags in my state limit deduction of federal taxes to $6500 so we pay state taxes on the balance.

Now with this new plan, our state and local taxes deduction on federal returns will be limited to $10k, paying federal taxes on the balance.

Nothing like getting double taxed from both directions.

We may end up paying a little more from the look of things.

8 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

Liberals will say it is tax cut for the riches 1%, cry about tax revenue being slashed, people dying in the streets because the government can't pay them their welfare monies and little Timmy wont be able to get his sex change operation. 

I am damn happy we have a real chance to get tax cuts. It makes all of Trump's stupid twitter tweets worth it. 

Yes, by all means let’s not let students write off the interest on their high-interest loans (which repukes won’t allow them to refinance) to help pay for tax cuts for the richest companies and people in the country.  That makes sense.  So does making the corporate tax rate 20%, when they already pay an effective rate of around 18.5%, and don’t close any loopholes so that they can get those taxes down to zero.

4 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

.....'Cause, it'll be the next Dem President who'll be tasked with cleaning-up the fuckin' mess you assholes have created.....again.

http://news4florida.tripod.com/indexfraud.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/11/us-public-defrauded-hidden-cost-iraq-war

Just now, Phoenix68 said:

.....'Cause, it'll be the next Dem President who'll be tasked with cleaning-up the fuckin' mess you assholes have created.....again.

http://news4florida.tripod.com/indexfraud.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/11/us-public-defrauded-hidden-cost-iraq-war

More crying. OMG the government might have to spend less money! AH MUH GERD! THE WORLD IS GOING TO END. What will we do if the government is not growing and can't spend more and more money.

17 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:

.....On THE DEBT.....EXACTLY!!!!

Of all the billions in cuts to the wealthy, I cannot get past the elimination of the student debt interest deduction, a close secend being the medical deduction.  Those have to be the most chicken-shit things I have ever seen.

23 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

Yes, by all means let’s not let students write off the interest on their high-interest loans (which repukes won’t allow them to refinance) to help pay for tax cuts for the richest companies and people in the country.  That makes sense.  So does making the corporate tax rate 20%, when they already pay an effective rate of around 18.5%, and don’t close any loopholes so that they can get those taxes down to zero.

SInce when?  There are companies that will pay them off for you and you pay them...basically refinance.

And if you have a low paying job you can apply for IBR (Income Base Repayment) and have your monthly payment based on your current income.  My daughter is an LMSW and has been taking advantage of that program for almost 4 years.  Now that she is the Assistant Administrator at a nursing home her income went up to a level this year that she will probably be paying the full monthly amount starting in June.

And I believe there is still a program where if you work for certain types of non-profits for 10 years the entire balance is forgiven.

Loophole - a portion of the US Tax Code that liberals don't like, designed to limit the amount of your money the government is allow to confiscate.

7 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

Of all the billions in cuts to the wealthy, I cannot get past the elimination of the student debt interest deduction, a close secend being the medical deduction.  Those have to be the most chicken-shit things I have ever seen.

At the same time the government charges a far above market interest rate and profits, if I understand correctly.

Plutocracy is the one thing Republicans care about.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

SInce when?  There are companies that will pay them off for you and you pay them...basically refinance.

And if you have a low paying job you can apply for IBR (Income Base Repayment) and have your monthly payment based on your current income.  My daughter is an LMSW and has been taking advantage of that program for almost 4 years.  Now that she is the Assistant Administrator at a nursing home her income went up to a level this year that she will probably be paying the full monthly amount starting in June.

And I believe there is still a program where if you work for certain types of non-profits for 10 years the entire balance is forgiven.

Loophole - a portion of the US Tax Code that liberals don't like, designed to limit the amount of your money the government is allow to confiscate.

Great, tell that to kids that are going through law and medical schools.  Reoublican policies are just GREAT for students, and for the middle class.  They get their benefits cut to pay for the rich, but as always, they should just all just take advantage of that one program, or go work for one of your suggested companies.  What could possibly go wrong.

5 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

Under current rules, borrowers can deduct up to $2,500 in interest paid toward qualifying federal and private student loans. ... Singles with a MAGI of $80,000 or more, and married-filing-jointly couples with one of $160,000 or more, can't claim the deduction, period.

That deduction was already limited, best it just go away so everyone is treated the same.

Just now, Craig234 said:

At the same time the government charges a far above market interest rate and profits, if I understand correctly.

Plutocracy is the one thing Republicans care about.

Yes they do, and relublicans will not allow tem to refinance.  They cannot, of course, do it through a bank because they have no equity.  Republicans look at that student loan program as a cash cow.

1 minute ago, JoeAverage said:

Under current rules, borrowers can deduct up to $2,500 in interest paid toward qualifying federal and private student loans. ... Singles with a MAGI of $80,000 or more, and married-filing-jointly couples with one of $160,000 or more, can't claim the deduction, period.

That deduction was already limited, best it just go away so everyone is treated the same.

How many students do you know that make $80,000 a year?

1 minute ago, TruroBeth said:

Great, tell that to kids that are going through law and medical schools.  Reoublican policies are just GREAT for students, and for the middle class.  They get their benefits cut to pay for the rich, but as always, they should just all just take advantage of that one program, or go work for one of your suggested companies.  What could possibly go wrong.

If they are going through law school or medical school (and not paying a large portion themselves) they should have the income to make the payments. 

The world doesn't owe them an education.  If they want one, cannot pay as they go and cannot get a scholarship then they must make a choice...and choices come with consequences.

1 minute ago, TruroBeth said:

Yes they do, and relublicans will not allow tem to refinance.  They cannot, of course, do it through a bank because they have no equity.  Republicans look at that student loan program as a cash cow.

And of course the bankruptcy bill outlawed student debt getting included in bankruptcy.

It's criminal.

2 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

If they are going through law school or medical school (and not paying a large portion themselves) they should have the income to make the payments. 

The world doesn't owe them an education.  If they want one, cannot pay as they go and cannot get a scholarship then they must make a choice...and choices come with consequences.

Only allowing wealthy children to get educated is a choice.

It has consequences. You don't seem to understand that.

Just now, Craig234 said:

And of course the bankruptcy bill outlawed student debt getting included in bankruptcy.

It's criminal.

I guess it’s the repiblican hatred of education being taken to a new low.  I love the way they are selling this piece of crap, they keep tripping over lies.  “$4,000 per middle class family”.  HAHAHAHAHA!!

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

GREAT, screw those brilliant kids that come from poor or middle class families!  

1 minute ago, Craig234 said:

Only allowing wealthy children to get educated is a choice.

It has consequences. You don't seem to understand that.

I wasn't wealthy and my parents had nothing to contribute to my education.  When I was getting my degree I had a wife, one child, a house and a lot of other debt (went back to school when refinery construction all but disappeared).  Except for the few dollars I earned in Work Study I had to rely on student debt.  Paying it back was difficult...but not getting an education would have made things more difficult.

If you want it...work for it.

6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Tell me, does your attitude extend to welfare-collectors in red states?  Can us blue states quit paying for them now?