Jump to content
DebraBoca

Man on YouTube show how to make guns automatic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, QuantumPhyzx said:

'the only thing you'll need for this mod is a Mil-spec butter knife..'

 

If the viewers didn't understand this entire video was a parody mocking reactionaries based on this sentence alone..well, then I am a little more than concerned. This is a fantastic example of 'no platforming' someone before even understanding what it is that they are presenting. He removes the firing pin in the pistol FFS to free the slide and reduce 'mechanical resistance for a ROF of 2,000 rounds per minute.' if military specced butterknifes didn't give the joke away, that alone should have...

That seemed goofy, but the fact that removing a few parts that make a semi automatic firearm legal and converting it to full auto is scary and dangerous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DebraBoca said:

That seemed goofy, but the fact that removing a few parts that make a semi automatic firearm legal and converting it to full auto is scary and dangerous 

 

That's the whole point: you can't make a semi-automatic firearm fire full-automatic by removing parts.  It's a myth and a fallacy.

 

Actually, that misinformation has saved lives.  A friend of mine pulled over a man suspected of being a drug dealer.  The guy whipped out a Tec-9 9mm and tried to shoot him, but the firearm didn't work.  Afterwards, the would-be cop-killer admitted he'd heard that "filing down the firing pin would make it full-auto".  So, he filed down the firing pin until it couldn't strike the primer of a chambered cartridge to set it off, rending the firearm completely non-functional.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Spartan said:

 

That's the whole point: you can't make a semi-automatic firearm fire full-automatic by removing parts.  It's a myth and a fallacy.

 

Actually, that misinformation has saved lives.  A friend of mine pulled over a man suspected of being a drug dealer.  The guy whipped out a Tec-9 9mm and tried to shoot him, but the firearm didn't work.  Afterwards, the would-be cop-killer admitted he'd heard that "filing down the firing pin would make it full-auto".  So, he filed down the firing pin until it couldn't strike the primer of a chambered cartridge to set it off, rending the firearm completely non-functional.  

Well if it's not real how come the news is telling us it's easy to convert them into machine guns??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DebraBoca said:

Well if it's not real how come the news is telling us it's easy to convert them into machine guns??

 

Well, the fact is that reporters are horribly uneducated about firearms and parrot what they're told to parrot without them ever interviewing the people who know the facts of the situation.  I have watched an astonishing litany of half-truths and even outright lies being promulgated in the name of filling airtime for years regarding 2nd Amendment issues and firearms in the media.  For crying out loud, I saw a MSNBC reporter claiming that a so-called "machine gun" made the bullets themselves fly faster and do more damage than a semi-auto rifle could!

 

I watched in 1994 as the media showed footage of fully-automatic firearms when they were discussing the SEMI-auto ban.  They did the same thing in 2004 when the ban was about to sunset.  I saw CNN put out a laughably bad presentation showing two rifles FIRING THE SAME AMMO but making it appear one did less damage because it was one of the "ban-compliant" rifles and the other wasn't.... and the ostensibly "pre-ban" rifle was actually a military-grade select-fire weapon that was not legal for sale in this country under any circumstances anyway.

 

Now, I freely admit I don't know everything about everything, but there are some subjects I'm VERY well versed in.  I've talked to friends of mine in other fields who tell me the media gets things just as wrong in their fields as they get guns wrong, so it's not a conspiracy... but it IS lazy, unethical, and irresponsible reporting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spartan said:

 

Well, the fact is that reporters are horribly uneducated about firearms and parrot what they're told to parrot without them ever interviewing the people who know the facts of the situation.  I have watched an astonishing litany of half-truths and even outright lies being promulgated in the name of filling airtime for years regarding 2nd Amendment issues and firearms in the media.  For crying out loud, I saw a MSNBC reporter claiming that a so-called "machine gun" made the bullets themselves fly faster and do more damage than a semi-auto rifle could!

 

I watched in 1994 as the media showed footage of fully-automatic firearms when they were discussing the SEMI-auto ban.  They did the same thing in 2004 when the ban was about to sunset.  I saw CNN put out a laughably bad presentation showing two rifles FIRING THE SAME AMMO but making it appear one did less damage because it was one of the "ban-compliant" rifles and the other wasn't.... and the ostensibly "pre-ban" rifle was actually a military-grade select-fire weapon that was not legal for sale in this country under any circumstances anyway.

 

Now, I freely admit I don't know everything about everything, but there are some subjects I'm VERY well versed in.  I've talked to friends of mine in other fields who tell me the media gets things just as wrong in their fields as they get guns wrong, so it's not a conspiracy... but it IS lazy, unethical, and irresponsible reporting.

 

 

If it's wrong then why isn't it corrected?? Are they lying on purpose or just plain stupid??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DebraBoca said:

If it's wrong then why isn't it corrected?? Are they lying on purpose or just plain stupid??

 

While there is definitely some stupidity involved, the reality is they have a narrative they want to push.  The more horrific something seems, the more dramatic the coverage, the higher the ratings; to say nothing of the pushing of the political agendas of their higher-ups.  Remember when Mika Brzezinski made the ill-advised comment that it was their "job" to "control what people think"?  There's a reason why I try to pursue research on relevant news stories to get as many different viewpoints of the situation as possible.  By doing so you can often glean, if not the full story, at least a relatively effective grasp of the situation overall.  

 

One of the problems of the firearms issue is that there is so much misinformation, propaganda, and hyperbole floating about it's almost impossible for the average layman to be able to separate fact from fiction.  I still have to laugh at a friend of mine, a firearms instructor, who once joked that "firearms terminology is a lot like Hungarian: it's better learned when young...."   There's a lot of truth to that.  But there are times I'm watching news coverage as reporters grimly state stuff that's such laughable hogwash I want to start chucking bricks at the TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×