Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOldBarn

We want Trump Gone, but what do we want to take his place?

We are reminded of the unrequited, unregistered people who came here against any laws,

they just came here, for work in the fields, stooping down to pick the produce and stay,  and just stayed,

stayed illegally and undocumented, they did.

We are reminded by the racism that Trump begets with most of the careless words

that fly out of his rich uncaring mouth and with  what has been called such an uncaring callous

and unthinking tongue that cares not to learn, never did it, reflect anything decent 

in anything much, except a name, Trump, and a pussy to grab when it could, Melania knows

I'm sure. For a short time she took a tiny man, Anthony, oh Mooch, she would moan,

your tiny body yields the only satisfaction this, super model yearns for - Anthony, the 

ID, son of Trump, when that was all she she could get, he the Mooch played along.

Melania, I will show dad, break into his pack and show him the way, I will. 

Ooooooooooooh, do so for me, Ooooooooooooh, Moochie, your tiny cock which is clearly slightly bigger than Donald's reminds me a bit of old Slovenia

in my youth.

Yet, he reminds of us all the suffering and racism, and the shit that never seems to change

and that continually resides, more than we ever ever dreamed possible, he just does. He's good at it.

That devil Trump is good at being the poster child for all that's wrong, all that is 

selfish, all that will never change, poverty, a chance for all to have good healthcare, 

inequality, the reasons behind it that he will never see, or ever give a damn about, 

are verbally reflected, or reflected in so many characters in so many tweets he hath

bestowed and will bestow again tomorrow AM while taking his morning shit.

He's shitting on us again. Wake up, another new Tweet has shatt, It is  from Trump, shitting on us all,  John Kelly smelled again. It's smelly shit, 

he does not care. He loves the smell of his smelly gaseous shit. How can the General take that smell, he must be made of steel.

And that fucking Putin, he got involved, bought facebook bots who disguised themselves

as real Americans, supporting Trump, or Sanders, or Jill Stein, what did it matter, as long

as Hillary Clinton lost. What does it matter, what say you, Mitch old boy? 

"Let's go get tax cuts for the rich don, we actually do not care about the long-term debt, 

or about the infrastructure, but yes, that shit, and he that who shatt that shit is out of control,

yet that's how this bitchy plays gamey, yawl", his turtle little mind smiling thought - 

Just what you think comes after" And - like a dark question that delighted his lizard like-brain,

it slowly fizzled as his turtle head was slowly retracted back into its shell. 

Smooch!

I dunno whether it will be Mike Pence, Paul Ryan, Orrin Hatch, Rex Tillerson or (double ugh)Steve Mnuchin;  In that order ...   But you sure made some funnies!!!

Someone in this forum, I can't remember who, brought up the possibility that Democrats win the House in 2018. Then both Trump and Pence get impeached for Russia or something else, and the Democratic Speaker of the House becomes president.

President Pelosi? Sure. Beats Trump and Pence.

2 hours ago, laripu said:

Someone in this forum, I can't remember who, brought up the possibility that Democrats win the House in 2018. Then both Trump and Pence get impeached for Russia or something else, and the Democratic Speaker of the House becomes president.

President Pelosi? Sure. Beats Trump and Pence.

Seems like something has to happen, republicans are in complete chaos, top aides are being questioned, imagine working in THAT atmosphere.  At this point I don't care if Spongebob Squarepants becomes president, ANYTHING is better than the dirtbag we have now.

4 hours ago, laripu said:

Democrats win the House in 2018. Then both Trump and Pence get impeached for Russia or something else, and the Democratic Speaker of the House becomes president.

Such an outcome is unlikely enough to be in the realm of wishful thinking.  I hope I have to eat those words, but unfortunately, I doubt it.

16 hours ago, bludog said:

Such an outcome is unlikely enough to be in the realm of wishful thinking.  I hope I have to eat those words, but unfortunately, I doubt it.

Tell you what. While you're right that it's wishful thinking, if you have to eat those words I'll cook them up with some garlic and fine herbs, and pour you a nice homebrewed saison beer, like the one I'm trying to save for Thanksgiving (about 53 bottles left, label below). Followed by a slice of peach & mint pie. My wife made some, and it was fantastic.

Saison Cranblurry

12 minutes ago, laripu said:

Tell you what. While you're right that it's wishful thinking, if you have to eat those words I'll cook them up with some garlic and fine herbs, and pour you a nice homebrewed saison beer, like the one I'm trying to save for Thanksgiving (about 53 bottles left, label below). Followed by a slice of peach & mint pie. My wife made some, and it was fantastic.

Saison Cranblurry

Oh crap, "peach and mint pie"?  Peach pie is my favorite, does she use squished fresh mint leaves, mint jelly, or what?  (Not to get off subject or anything .....)

14 minutes ago, laripu said:

Saison Cranblurry

Oh shit, guess I should have read the label first.  HA!

48 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

Oh crap, "peach and mint pie"?  Peach pie is my favorite, does she use squished fresh mint leaves, mint jelly, or what?  (Not to get off subject or anything .....)

Yup,  impeachment pie. :)

My idea, because pun. :D The recipe was off the net, I think, but SWMBO baked it. (SWMBO won't let me bake. She says I have enough hobbies, and since she's good at it, I don't complain. What hobbies? Check my profile.)

It used frozen store bought crust (phyllo dough, I think, maybe Pillsbury?), fresh peaches, fresh bruised mint leaves, but you have to go very easy or the mint will take over. Lattice on top. She made two, and the first was very good, but the second was droolicious. :wub:

8 minutes ago, laripu said:

Yup,  impeachment pie. :)

My idea, because pun. :D The recipe was off the net, I think, but SWMBO baked it. (SWMBO won't let me bake. She says I have enough hobbies, and since she's good at it, I don't complain. What hobbies? Check my profile.)

It used frozen store bought crust (phyllo dough, I think, maybe Pillsbury?), fresh peaches, fresh bruised mint leaves, but you have to go very easy or the mint will take over. Lattice on top. She made two, and the first was very good, but the second was droolicious. :wub:

Oh shit, after I read the label I figured you were joking!  I bake pies all the time, make my own crust (my damn kids know if I don't, and it is a messy pain in the ass).  Fresh peach and strawberry/rhubarb get the most accolades.  Will definitely try the peach and mint, have a big dinner party coming up in two weeks .... all liberals, of course .... and will highlight your Impeachment Pie!

1 hour ago, laripu said:

Saison Cranblurry

While I'll probably never get to enjoy the repast, the label is awesome;  If you can stand to look at that face for very long.

32 minutes ago, bludog said:

If you can stand to look at that face for very long.

On a turkey body.... Wattle on a bottle. :) I look at it to remind myself that he'll soon be cooked. Spiced, brined, then smoked. (Sorry, I was thinking of the Thanksgiving turkey. The pretzeldent will only be figuratively cooked.)

The cranberries in the beer make it a bit flowery, sour and with a slightly astringent mouthfeel, in a restrained, pleasant way. Like most saison beers, there's plenty of carbonation.

The man is quite unlike that: unrestrainedly sour, and he leaves a bad taste in your mouth. However, like the beer, he's probably pretty gassy: intestinal fartitude.

I want to save the Saison Cranblurry for Thanksgiving. So right at the moment I'm drinking a ginger mead I made. This:

Old 11-ish 2017

Also good. :D

1 hour ago, TruroBeth said:

Oh shit, after I read the label I figured you were joking!

Nope. Well, a little. A smidge. A wee bit. The pie was real. 

1 hour ago, TruroBeth said:

Will definitely try the peach and mint, have a big dinner party coming up in two weeks .... all liberals, of course .... and will highlight your Impeachment Pie!

Good luck! I hope you and they all love it. When Mrs Laripu made it, we had a conservative couple over and they liked it too.

But you have to understand ... these weren't Trump conservatives. More like George HW Bush conservatives. They are embarrassed by Trump. They're conservatives who have been all over the world, want single payer healthcare, and want the rich taxed to pay for it, and to pay for all the wars since 2001. ... and yet they still won't vote for Democrats. Last election they wrote in John McCain.

2 minutes ago, laripu said:

Nope. Well, a little. A smidge. A wee bit. The pie was real. 

Good luck! I hope you and they all love it. When Mrs Laripu made it, we had a conservative couple over and they liked it too.

But you have to understand ... these weren't Trump conservatives. More like George HW Bush conservatives. They are embarrassed by Trump. They're conservatives who have been all over the world, want single payer healthcare, and want the rich taxed to pay for it, and to pay for all the wars since 2001. ... and yet they still won't vote for Democrats. Last election they wrote in John McCain.

I ousted 10 pro-Trump people from my life during the campaign.  All have crawled back.  Six have become Democrats, three Undeclared (Massachusetts-speak for "independent"), the one hold-out is so disgusted with Republicans that he swears he will never vote again.  HA!

14 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

I ousted 10 pro-Trump people from my life during the campaign.  All have crawled back.  Six have become Democrats, three Undeclared (Massachusetts-speak for "independent"), the one hold-out is so disgusted with Republicans that he swears he will never vote again.  HA!

Yes. So to get back to the topic, I think what I want to take the place of Pretzeldent Trumpelstiltskin is what John McCain called regular order. Normal Republicans and normal Democrats arguing over minor differences, with a slow inexorable drift to the left. Think DDE and JFK. I want an end to the Southern Strategy. I want the white supremacist/neo-Nazi/KKKunts to crawl back under a rock. I want to have a reason to be thankful on Thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, laripu said:

Yes. So to get back to the topic, I think what I want to take the place of Pretzeldent Trumpelstiltskin is what John McCain called regular order. Normal Republicans and normal Democrats arguing over minor differences, with a slow inexorable drift to the left. Think DDE and JFK. I want an end to the Southern Strategy. I want the white supremacist/neo-Nazi/KKKunts to crawl back under a rock. I want to have a reason to be thankful on Thanksgiving.

That won't happen with the love that the right has with all the fake conspiracies that are reported on fake news.  I mean, come on ... they voted for a moron who stood there accusing Ted Cruz's father of being involved in JFK's death AND admitted that he got it from The Enquirer.  You put those words into a democrat, and we would laugh him off the stage and out of ournlives INSTANTLY.  Birtherism.  Seriously??

1 hour ago, laripu said:

On a turkey body.... Wattle on a bottle. :) I look at it to remind myself that he'll soon be cooked. Spiced, brined, then smoked. (Sorry, I was thinking of the Thanksgiving turkey. The pretzeldent will only be figuratively cooked.)

The cranberries in the beer make it a bit flowery, sour and with a slightly astringent mouthfeel, in a restrained, pleasant way. Like most saison beers, there's plenty of carbonation.

The man is quite unlike that: unrestrainedly sour, and he leaves a bad taste in your mouth. However, like the beer, he's probably pretty gassy: intestinal fartitude.

I want to save the Saison Cranblurry for Thanksgiving. So right at the moment I'm drinking a ginger mead I made. This:

Old 11-ish 2017

Also good. :D

You create some very artistic, professional-level labels.  

2 hours ago, TruroBeth said:

Birtherism.  Seriously??

The extreme right has used the Internet to give a voice to the stupid. If that continues, it will lead to a dictatorship.

They haven't yet figured out yet how to get rid of Congress and the SCOTUS that stand in their way.

In the 30s, it was done via propaganda and a hated scapegoat, Jews, and backed up with fear. We've got the propaganda: the Internet and talk radio and Fox News. We've got the new scapegoats: Hispanics, Muslims, North Koreans. (Although the neo-Nazis, KKK, and white supremacists are dying to get after Jews and blacks too. Anything not white in their estimation.)

What we haven't seen yet is fear, the kind the Nazis used. Krystallnacht. Paramilitary force. Like this. (They're starting small, by running people over.) They need an excuse to create a "state of emergency" to get around normal legal rights, habeas corpus etc.

Or something different. I don't know yet. Different countries, different conditions, different times. We'll see.

Unless the impeachment and conviction comes first.

Just now, laripu said:

The extreme right has used the Internet to give a voice to the stupid. If that continues, it will lead to a dictatorship.

They haven't yet figured out yet how to get rid of Congress and the SCOTUS that stand in their way.

In the 30s, it was done via propaganda and a hated scapegoat, Jews, and backed up with fear. We've got the propaganda: the Internet and talk radio and Fox News. We've got the new scapegoats: Hispanics, Muslims, North Koreans. (Although the neo-Nazis, KKK, and white supremacists are dying to get after Jews and blacks too. Anything not white in their estimation.)

What we haven't seen yet is fear, the kind the Nazis used. Krystallnacht. Paramilitary force. Like this. (They're starting small, by running people over.) They need an excuse to create a "state of emergency" to get around normal legal rights, habeas corpus etc.

Or something different. I don't know yet. Different countries, different conditions, different times. We'll see.

Unless the impeachment and conviction comes first.

I just do not see Trump's ego putting up with all of this.  His approval ratings are going to drop because of this Puerto Rico business, and they ranged from 35 to 38% yesterday, before his assault on Mayor Cruz.  I have a vision of him throwing a temper tantrum and stomping out as soon as the first direct Russian ties to him are uncovered, probably from his taxes.  I have always thought they were blackmailing him with bilions of dollars worth of loans, and unless he did their bidding they would call in the loans.  That blew up Putin's face, so we know he isn't happy.  I don't know, the next few weeks will be interesting.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

You create some very artistic, professional-level labels.  

If I take the time to work on them.

And they'd be better if I could draw. I'm just using software and images from the net.

My drawing is like a two year old's. With learning disabilities. And blind.

5 minutes ago, laripu said:

If I take the time to work on them.

And they'd be better if I could draw. I'm just using software and images from the net.

The end result far exceeds 'good enough'.

My drawing is like a two year old's. With learning disabilities. And blind.

So what.  Obviously software and net images are all you need.

9 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

I just do not see Trump's ego putting up with all of this.  

I have a vision of him throwing a temper tantrum and stomping out as soon as the first direct Russian ties to him are uncovered, probably from his taxes.  I have always thought they were blackmailing him with bilions of dollars worth of loans, and unless he did their bidding they would call in the loans.  That blew up Putin's face, so we know he isn't happy.  I don't know, the next few weeks will be interesting.

If the law is after him, then stomping out would only work if he got pardoned by Pence or left to where he wouldn't get extradited. 

26 minutes ago, bludog said:

Obviously software and net images are all you need.

I'll concede that.

I'd prefer to have original images. I've made some involving photos of my pets. A British-type beer, like the defunct Double Diamond, that I called Double Doggie, with pictures of our two dogs; I made that twice. And another, a strong blond ale that I've made many times, called Cats and Myces, after the biological term for brewer's yeast, Saccharomyces Cervisiae, with pics of our cats on it. 

On 9/30/2017 at 6:19 PM, TruroBeth said:

Okay but never trust a republicon.