KneeJerk

NFL crybabies and the rules they ignore

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger-goodell-ignoring-leagues-own-rule-book-letting-players

Roger Goodell Ignoring League's Own Rules in Letting Players Protest Anthem

The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. 

The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Crybabies here are all upset w/ Trump for calling them out on it ... and once again, they're wrong.

giphy.gif

"I'm wrong again ... DAMMIT !!!"

veruca-salt.gif

image-2.gif

21210b.jpg

cryingtantrum.jpg

HPIM2898.jpg

tantrum.jpg

3405a1284ea994f19cc4cdf92e98a76a38bb563c

"I'm right again ... DAMMIT !!!"

kj

Actually there is nothing in the NFL rules about the Anthem, or any participation by the players. 

Look at the contracts, that's where you will find the ability to fire players/entertainers for behavior unbecoming to the profession.  I haven't read their contracts, but I would believe there is a good chance this is where it is addressed.

Sunday night Football ratings down and in steady decline. Libbers will explain it is because FOOTBALL FANS watched Oprah or Star Trek. Fans are beginning to tune out. Actions of players are a growing part of why fans are not watching anymore. I did not watch the game. It was because of the players. I would never watch Oprah. Star Trek is just more remake. People that like football must have had a hard time watching Oprah. hahahahahaaa.

I'm switching over to watching more Tennis.  I also like MMA, and yes, NASCAR.  I still like watching some college football, but I am prepared for this wave of anti-Americanism to hit colleges as well, and when it does, I will stop watching College ball as well.

What is the National Football League again?  Is that some kind of soccer thing?  Is Roger Goodell the new NAMBLA president?

1 hour ago, Golfboy said:

Actually there is nothing in the NFL rules about the Anthem, or any participation by the players. 

Here's a link to the rules: http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

Why are you trying to be obtuse?

The "Playing Rules" are for the playing of the game.

I showed you in the OP where it says what it says.

Are you as dumb as the lefties say?

Get off of my thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/24/were-not-going-to-play-politics-steelers-mike-tomlin-says-team-wont-take-the-field-for-anthem/?utm_term=.2e5a78190b13

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual, according to a league source.

It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking.

The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition.

It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

lh2.jpg

"Sometimes all you can do is try."

kj

7 minutes ago, KneeJerk said:

Why are you trying to be obtuse?

The "Playing Rules" are for the playing of the game.

I showed you in the OP where it says what it says.

Are you as dumb as the lefties say?

Get off of my thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/24/were-not-going-to-play-politics-steelers-mike-tomlin-says-team-wont-take-the-field-for-anthem/?utm_term=.2e5a78190b13

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual, according to a league source. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking.

The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition.

It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

lh2.jpg

"Sometimes all you can do is try."

kj

Don't be such a fucking ass.   Open the link I gave you, and go to page 62/63.  There is NOTHING there about flags or the anthem.

If you want to tell me there is a different manual to cover "operations" of the games, then post it.  As I tell liberals when they say stupid shit, if I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to admit it. 

8 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

Don't be such a fucking ass.   Open the link I gave you, and go to page 62/63.  There is NOTHING there about flags or the anthem.

If you want to tell me there is a different manual to cover "operations" of the games, then post it.   But there is no such manual on the NFL site,  nor is it referenced anywhere.

How about to the link I gave you (in the OP) and "read" it.

Drink, horse, drink.

lh2.jpg

"I'm not putting my lips on it."

kj

2 minutes ago, KneeJerk said:

How about to the link I gave you (in the OP) and "read" it.

Drink, horse, drink.

lh2.jpg

"I'm not putting my lips on it."

kj

The link goes to the Washington Post, not the league.    

I don't trust WaPo as far as I can throw them, do you?

8 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

The link goes to the Washington Post, not the league.    

I don't trust WaPo as far as I can throw them, do you?

I don't trust WaPo's motivations.

In this case, it seems the "facts" would be against them.

I trust that Trump's people would have found out first before he made such a magilla out of it.

kj

Donald Trump: Clueless about domestic terrorism but boy does he show up when some guy shows a public display of defiance.  

2 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger-goodell-ignoring-leagues-own-rule-book-letting-players

The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. 

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Crybabies here are all upset w/ Trump for calling them out on it ... and once again, they're wrong.

giphy.gif

veruca-salt.gif

image-2.gif

21210b.jpg

cryingtantrum.jpg

HPIM2898.jpg

tantrum.jpg

kj

he called them sons of bitches.

real classy guy that trump

2 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

"Under the league rule, the failure to be on the field for the anthem may result in discipline such as a fine, suspension or loss of a draft pick. But a league official said the key phrase is mayresult, adding he won’t speculate on whether the Steelers would be disciplined."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/24/were-not-going-to-play-politics-steelers-mike-tomlin-says-team-wont-take-the-field-for-anthem/?utm_term=.d62b7c444056

That'd be the same kind o' terminology Trumpy would search-out....when he's attempting to screw-over a contractor he's hired.

Why should playing with a ball have anything at all to do with singing a song or saluting a flag?

Would Trump have called them "sons of bitches" if they had been White guys?

Goodell gets 40 mill a year to support the league's profit.

They will lose their monopoly and tax free status and he will be fired.

kj

1 hour ago, ScottMon said:

Donald Trump: Clueless about domestic terrorism but boy does he show up when some guy shows a public display of defiance.  

Donald Trump is clueless about trying to keep foreign muzzies from bombing our festivals ... uh, right.

Danald Trump is probably a big NFL fan and is bent as I am about the disrespect shown because of nothing he or the NFL has done.

Once again he is right and you are wrong.

Enjoy the game.

kj

1 hour ago, Phoenix68 said:

I have so little in life.

sadclown.jpg

"I really suck."

kj

1 hour ago, KneeJerk said:

Donald Trump is clueless about trying to keep foreign muzzies from bombing our festivals ... uh, right.

Danald Trump is probably a big NFL fan and is bent as I am about the disrespect shown because of nothing he or the NFL has done.

Once again he is right and you are wrong.

Enjoy the game.

kj

What has Trump done about The Timothy McVeighs or Dylan Roofs?

1 minute ago, ScottMon said:

What has Trump done about The Timothy McVeighs or Dylan Roofs?

You know McVeigh is dead, and Roofs is on death row, don't you?

What do you WANT Trump to do about them?

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Why should playing with a ball have anything at all to do with singing a song or saluting a flag?

Would Trump have called them "sons of bitches" if they had been White guys?

Anyone who wants a month-long protest of the police, deserve to be called much worse. 

Did you get upset when Obama said the police were stupid?

Just now, Golfboy said:

You know McVeigh is dead, and Roofs is on death row, don't you?

What do you WANT Trump to do about them?

The same thing he's supposedly doing with foreign extremists, And thats preventing the attack instead of punishing the bad guys after the fact.