QuantumPhyzx

The Modern Right's Anti-Islam Stance Would Be Shattered If They Discovered..

That one of our nation's founding fathers dedicated a large portion of his life to studying Islam, influenced by it so much that he categorized the Qur'an under "Law" instead of "Religion" and used the Qur'an's influence (alongside the Bible's/New Testament, which he also study and transcribed) to draft the Virginia Statute on Religion (the first draft of the 1st Amendment)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307388395/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bludog   

IMO, the modern Right's anti-Islam stance would not be shattered or even dented if they leaned of the Jefferson-Islam connection.  Much of the modern Right's reason for being is to mock and jeer Liberals and all those on the left.  The anti-Islam stance and racism are other aspects of their tribalism.

The modern Right disrespects facts and learning and rejects parts of history they find inconvenient.  If facts and ideas of substance meant anything to Conservatives, they would be Liberals and the modern Conservative movement would never have gained traction in the US.

No way in hell I would let some man tell me I need to wear a burka. Islam isn't compatible with the western world. 

I dated man from Nigeria in my early 20's who was Muslim. That relationship last a whole month.  He hated the fact that I didn't obey him or was unwilling to cover my entire body. Islam can stay in the Middle East and Indonesia, where it belongs 

Wigglie   
7 hours ago, QuantumPhyzx said:

That one of our nation's founding fathers dedicated a large portion of his life to studying Islam, influenced by it so much that he categorized the Qur'an under "Law" instead of "Religion" and used the Qur'an's influence (alongside the Bible's/New Testament, which he also study and transcribed) to draft the Virginia Statute on Religion (the first draft of the 1st Amendment)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307388395/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Islam is more of a "law" than a "religion,"  It's entire premise is centered in Sharia law.   That is the main reason it could never be easily integrated into America, as it directly conflicts with the "constitution" alt-righters seem to cling to so much.  I never quite understood the foothold Islam has on people solely because of its anti-homosexual and degradation of women stances.   A good friends father kicked him out of the house at 15 because he found out he was gay.  He had nothing, and was completely disowned, forced into prostitution to survive, which ultimate;y led to his drug addiction and contraction of HIV.  All because of a "religion."  I fucking HATE religion.

bludog   
1 hour ago, Wigglie said:

I fucking HATE religion

If, in some fantasy world, humankind discarded religion, we would be rid of one of the world's major problems.

laripu   
1 hour ago, Wigglie said:

I fucking HATE religion.

I hate it whenever it interferes with the real acquisition of knowledge, or with genuine morality, or with the treatment of easily cured disease. That is to say: often.

I'd say you're "preaching to the choir", but .... you know. :rolleyes::lol:

hey, fuck Islamic terrorism. They fucking kill anybody, rape and pillage. The fucking mongrels. Fuck any terrorists, from any fucking religion. Fuck the left and the right - just don't be a fucking terrorist asshole. That goes for you too Kim jong un, I do hope some screwball terrorist whacks you Kim upon the head with a baseball bat and then fucks you right smack in the asshole they say you don't actually have. 

(And no, this is not some secret CIA plan only the Donald could think up) :)

Peace!