Jump to content

A Well Regulated Militia...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is a gun nutter? And yes, the constitution says we may arm ourselves with whatever firearm we want .  Would you like to rewrite the constitution? To bend it to fit YOUR feelings ?  fuck your

sad Scout doesn't understand the 2nd Amendment... the bitch doesn't realize that without the 2nd you don't have the 1st.

Yes, they did.  

On 3/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, guilluamezenz said:

the swiss have a well regulated militia so do the Israelis its called the army

Both also permit their citizens to possess machine guns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spartan said:

 

Actually, I have to laugh at this one.

 

My ex-wife had an uncle who served in both World War II and Korea, and he heard a lot about "Garand Thumb."  He wondered what kind of idiot would do that to themselves, or even HOW they could do it to themselves, believing exactly as you note above.  He'd ALWAYS had to slap his M1's charging handle to chamber the first round after inserting the clip into the magazine.

 

Fast forward to a number of years later, and he's married and settling down, and he goes into the local hardware store and LO!  There is a M-1 Garand just like he'd served with in the military.

 

"Hey!" he thought to himself, "I should buy that!  I know that gun inside and out!"  So, he buys it, takes it home and gives it a thorough cleaning, then goes to load it.  He shoves the loaded clip into the magazine - CLACK! - the bolt closes on his thumb!

 

I actually had a M1 where you had to use the heel of your hand to hold the charging handle back when inserting the clip  The instant you pulled your hand out of the way, the weapon would chamber.  MOST M1s I've handled do exactly as you describe... but there ARE those that will release the bolt the instant the clip locks in the mag.

 

As long as your thumb is pushing down on the top round - it ain't goin'ta bite ya.

 

Then, just lift your thumb up and out of the way.

 

 

When you have to press the follower all the way down to the bottom on an empty mag, or hold the follower down part way and bump the charging handle back with the heel of your palm, to release to catch and bolt...?

 

(or, have the bolt caught on the follower instead of the catch)

03.gif

 

... THAT is the bear trap.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Spartan said:

 

Actually, I have to laugh at this one.

 

My ex-wife had an uncle who served in both World War II and Korea, and he heard a lot about "Garand Thumb."  He wondered what kind of idiot would do that to themselves, or even HOW they could do it to themselves, believing exactly as you note above.  He'd ALWAYS had to slap his M1's charging handle to chamber the first round after inserting the clip into the magazine.

 

Fast forward to a number of years later, and he's married and settling down, and he goes into the local hardware store and LO!  There is a M-1 Garand just like he'd served with in the military.

 

"Hey!" he thought to himself, "I should buy that!  I know that gun inside and out!"  So, he buys it, takes it home and gives it a thorough cleaning, then goes to load it.  He shoves the loaded clip into the magazine - CLACK! - the bolt closes on his thumb!

 

I actually had a M1 where you had to use the heel of your hand to hold the charging handle back when inserting the clip  The instant you pulled your hand out of the way, the weapon would chamber.  MOST M1s I've handled do exactly as you describe... but there ARE those that will release the bolt the instant the clip locks in the mag.

Slow & steady. 03 Springfield with a Kahles competition telescopic sight. The luxury of distance. I am in the process of having the eyepiece fitted with a prescription lens. Yes, ya get older.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

At Swiss gun ranges, you can get all the ammo you like; no questions asked. Government supply is different.

 

Learn TRUTH about Swiss guns laws - not rightwinger lies.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912#:~:text=Swiss citizens - for example hunters,on psychiatric or security grounds.

 

So you can't take home ammo from the range? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Learn TRUTH about Swiss guns laws - not rightwinger lies.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912#:~:text=Swiss citizens - for example hunters,on psychiatric or security grounds.

 

So you can't take home ammo from the range? 

You don't have to, you can buy it at sporting goods stores. In order to purchase ammunition, the buyer must fulfill the same legal rules that apply when buying guns[note 4] (art. 15 WG/LArm). Foreigners with citizenship to the following countries are explicitly excluded from the right to buy and own ammunition: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Albania.[note 1]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Swiss stats:

 

"Forty-three per cent of homicides are domestic related and 90% of those homicides are carried out with guns," he says.

 

"But over the last 20 years, now that the majority of soldiers don't have ammunition at home, we have seen a decrease in gun violence and a dramatic decrease in gun-related suicides. Today we see maybe 200 gun suicides per year and it used to be 400, 20 years ago. "

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnotherJim said:

You don't have to, you can buy it at sporting goods stores. In order to purchase ammunition, the buyer must fulfill the same legal rules that apply when buying guns[note 4] (art. 15 WG/LArm). Foreigners with citizenship to the following countries are explicitly excluded from the right to buy and own ammunition: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Albania.[note 1]

Few Swiss keep ammo in their homes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scout said:

Swiss stats:

 

"Forty-three per cent of homicides are domestic related and 90% of those homicides are carried out with guns," he says.

 

"But over the last 20 years, now that the majority of soldiers don't have ammunition at home, we have seen a decrease in gun violence and a dramatic decrease in gun-related suicides. Today we see maybe 200 gun suicides per year and it used to be 400, 20 years ago. "

buyer must be over the age of 18, not under a curator nor identified as being a danger for themselves or others, and don't have a criminal record with a conviction for a violent crime or of several convictions as long as they haven't been written out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"We have guns at home, but they are kept for peaceful purposes. There is no point taking the gun out of your home in Switzerland because it is illegal to carry a gun in the street. To shoot someone who just looks at you in a funny way - this is not Swiss culture!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scout said:

"We have guns at home, but they are kept for peaceful purposes. There is no point taking the gun out of your home in Switzerland because it is illegal to carry a gun in the street. To shoot someone who just looks at you in a funny way - this is not Swiss culture!"

In a past post, didn't you state guns were strictly for killing? So you admit they have peaceful purposes, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Switzerland: A reason is not required to own a gun unless the reason is other than sport-shooting, hunting, or collecting. Permits for concealed carrying in public are issued sparingly. The acquisition of fully automatic weapons, suppressors and target lasers requires special permits issued by the cantonal firearms office.  All About Paperwork. Same in the USA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

In a past post, didn't you state guns were strictly for killing? So you admit they have peaceful purposes, correct?

What I opine vs. what a citizen of Switzerland says - I don't see the connection.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scout said:

What I opine vs. what a citizen of Switzerland says - I don't see the connection.

 

You're correct, we have no connection with Swiss gun laws. We are a warrior nation; the Swiss are famous for numbered bank accounts; NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  A country to be proud of. 

Mar 05, 2020 · March 5 (UPI) -- A list has been discovered in Argentina that includes names of thousands of former Nazis and their Swiss banking accounts

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scout said:

They wisely do not want one of those.

 

 

Then the Swiss People, are not Constitutionally mandated, by the Highest Law in the Land, to be Personally Responsible for the Security of their Free State.

 

...the way We, the American People, are.

 

9>)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scout said:

They wisely do not want one of those.

 

But they had no problem taking money from some of the worst monsters in human history. 

Mar 05, 2020 · March 5 (UPI) -- A list has been discovered in Argentina that includes names of thousands of former Nazis and their Swiss banking accounts

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

But they had no problem taking money from some of the worst monsters in human history. 

Mar 05, 2020 · March 5 (UPI) -- A list has been discovered in Argentina that includes names of thousands of former Nazis and their Swiss banking accounts

Scout harps on guns in the USA. How many deaths do you figure the Nazis were responsible for? List of 12,000 Nazis, Swiss bank accounts found in ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scout said:

Tell us about how freely they distribute ammunition. 

I don't know their ammunition laws.   Why don't you do some research on this and report back, since you are the one inquiring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skans said:

I don't know their ammunition laws.   Why don't you do some research on this and report back, since you are the one inquiring.

Touche.....but I made my point and will stay put.  :)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 5:46 AM, harryramar said:

I've seen pictures of the Michigan militia, a bunch of fat slob old guys who strike fear into the hearts of no one.

well, maybe the owners of those all you can eat buffets, but no one else.

You are correct. Militias are no threat. So leave the 2nd amendment and all of us fat slobs alone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...