A Well Regulated Militia...

4 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

I am not saying ban all guns. I own guns and my teenage son is a competitive shooter.

However, I do think we make it way to easy for people to get major fire power that they have no business owning. The fact that we lead the world in gun ownership per capita and also lead the world in gun related deaths is no coincidence. 

Sandy Hook was a wake up call that we slept right through.

Who decides what people have "no business owning"?   You?    People like you who think there is something called an "assault weapon"?

Ignorant tools like you, that have never read the federalist papers and don't have a clue why the Framers gave us the 2nd amendment?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is a gun nutter? And yes, the constitution says we may arm ourselves with whatever firearm we want .  Would you like to rewrite the constitution? To bend it to fit YOUR feelings ?  fuck your

sad Scout doesn't understand the 2nd Amendment... the bitch doesn't realize that without the 2nd you don't have the 1st.

Yes, they did.  

5 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

Who decides what people have "no business owning"?   You?    People like you who think there is something called an "assault weapon"?

Ignorant tools like you, that have never read the federalist papers and don't have a clue why the Framers gave us the 2nd amendment?

I am on your side on this one, big goy.

I want to own a few flame throwers and a bazooka or two but those gull derned liberals won't allow it. what about my second amendment rights??

and if even just one of the two  koreas can have a nooclear bomb why can't I?

are the liberals saying the hnic of  north korea has more rights than a American citizen ???

2 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

It was the ONLY REASON enumerated.  Not the only reason. 

Why do you keep ignoring what the Supreme Court said, is it because  they used big words you can't understand?

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2-53.

(a) The Amendment's prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause's text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2-22.

No other reason was given anywhere. Even you refuted that "not the only reason" in your post when you said it was the "declarative REASON". You said it declared the reason.

Here's your quote:

2 hours ago, Golfboy said:

It was a declarative REASON for the people to be armed.   A simple explanation of why the people should be armed.

GOD you're a moron.

3 minutes ago, harryramar said:

I am on your side on this one, big goy.

I want to own a few flame throwers and a bazooka or two but those gull derned liberals won't allow it. what about my second amendment rights??

and if even just one of the two  koreas can have a nooclear bomb why can't I?

are the liberals saying the hnic of  north korea has more rights than a American citizen ???

Should a nuclear physicist be allowed to stockpile nukes at his home?

Technically, the 2nd amendment doesn't specify guns, it says "arms". Should we be allowed to own nuclear weapons?

35 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

I am not saying ban all guns. I own guns and my teenage son is a competitive shooter.

However, I do think we make it way to easy for people to get major fire power that they have no business owning. The fact that we lead the world in gun ownership per capita and also lead the world in gun related deaths is no coincidence. 

Sandy Hook was a wake up call that we slept right through.

1236670_10153268472445515_314890574_n.jp

2 hours ago, leftjohn said:

Got a link to any federalist papers saying everyone should have a gun?

Until you provide them, I'm just going to go with what you said: 

And what was the "declarative REASON"?  Oh yeah, to be part of "A well regulated militia".

I also like how you explained "well regulated" in this context as well.

Thanks for clearing it up. If anyone asked me why I favor gun control, I will literally use some of your quotes. I will try to give you credit if I do.

Everyone already HAD guns, Comrade.

...hence the Constitutional Amendment:

Second-Amendment--620x358.jpg

18 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

BlueBalls, that would be a cute quote if Jefferson actually had said or written it. But, the truth is, it doesn't appear in any of his writings. 

Can't prove a negative, Comrade.

Nice try, though.

Ha!

The same ones that the Army had.

Just now, Blue Devil said:

Nice try, though.

Ha!

I'm not even trying to BlueBalls.

I'm just saying that according to the Jefferson Monticello website, your Jefferson quote doesn't appear in any of Jefferson's writings.

https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/tyranny-defined-which-legal-government-spurious-quotation

3 hours ago, leftjohn said:

No one is dancing on their graves.... but there are people out there ignoring them.

I already outlined why AR15's are not a problem and you ignored it but want to dance on the graves of children. 

You do not see liberals going after the number one gun used in gun violence. All you see them doing is going after a rifle that is used in a fraction of gun violence compared to a revolver hand gun. 

57 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Then you lose, Comrade.

Nice try, though.

Ha!

So riddle me this BlueBalls, are you asserting that we can just pull quotes out of the air with no documentation and everyone else just has to accept it. 

What if I claimed James Madison once said:

"Giving all citizens the right to own guns would be crazy. The 2nd amendment was written for individuals actively serving in a well regulated militia and only those individuals".

Do you just have to accept that quote, you know, since you can't prove a negative and all....

1 hour ago, Blue Devil said:

Nice try, though.

Ha!

2 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

So riddle me this BlueBalls, are you asserting that we can just pull quotes out of the air with no documentation and everyone else just has to accept it. 

What if I claimed James Madison once said:

"Giving all citizens the right to own guns would be crazy. The 2nd amendment was written for individuals actively serving in a well regulated militia and only those individuals".

Do you just have to accept that quote, you know, since you can't prove a negative and all....

The problem is James Madison did not say that. None of the founders said that. 

BTW, I looked up the Jefferson quote you contested and it looks as if he did not say it. I hate it when people make up quotes from our founders to push their own agendas. 

https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/christian-god-three-headed-monsterspurious-quotation

8 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

I already outlined why AR15's are not a problem and you ignored it but want to dance on the graves of children. 

You do not see liberals going after the number one gun used in gun violence. All you see them doing is going after a rifle that is used in a fraction of gun violence compared to a revolver hand gun. 

Unless your outline included how the gun used at Sandy Hook and other similar weapons should be allowed in civilian hands, not buying it.

I watched President Obama cry over that shooting. If you want to call them crocodile tears, that's on you, but he damn sure wasn't dancing.

I have also watched and listen to conservatives say "thoughts and prayers", never shedding a single tear, while pushing the 2nd amendment before the graves were even dug.

3 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

The problem is James Madison did not say that. None of the founders said that. 

BTW, I looked up the Jefferson quote you contested and it looks as if he did not say it. I hate it when people make up quotes from our founders to push their own agendas. 

https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/christian-god-three-headed-monsterspurious-quotation

That's my point.... Madison didn't say it. We can't just make up crap and hide behind "you can't prove me wrong".

2 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

Unless your outline included how the gun used at Sandy Hook and other similar weapons should be allowed in civilian hands, not buying it.

I watched President Obama cry over that shooting. If you want to call them crocodile tears, that's on you, but he damn sure wasn't dancing.

I have also watched and listen to conservatives say "thoughts and prayers", never shedding a single tear, while pushing the 2nd amendment before the graves were even dug.

I don't care what you saw or how Obama reacted. I care about the real issue of gun violence and the AR15 is not an issue, at all. Liberals only want to go after high profile murders and not go after the day to day murders committed by people with hand guns. Even there, the solution is not to ban the guns. The solution is to build up those inner city areas that are gang infest and wipe the gangs out. 

1 hour ago, leftjohn said:

No other reason was given anywhere. Even you refuted that "not the only reason" in your post when you said it was the "declarative REASON". You said it declared the reason.

Here's your quote:

Repeating yourself, and ignoring the Supreme Court isn't making you any smarter, dumbass.

6 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

Repeating yourself, and ignoring the Supreme Court isn't making you any smarter, dumbass.

I'm not repeating myself, I repeating you. You are the one that said the words "A well regulated militia" in the 2nd amendment were the "declarative REASON".

Here's your quote:

4 hours ago, Golfboy said:

It was a declarative REASON for the people to be armed.   A simple explanation of why the people should be armed.

GOD you're a moron.

^^ Your words, not mine. Repeating you, not me.

Nice try, though.

Ha!

Academic Communists always think in the abstract, as if Reality doesn't or never existed.

The same ones that the Army had.

...the Right

...shall not

...be Infringed.

14 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

I don't care what you saw or how Obama reacted. I care about the real issue of gun violence and the AR15 is not an issue, at all. Liberals only want to go after high profile murders and not go after the day to day murders committed by people with hand guns. Even there, the solution is not to ban the guns. The solution is to build up those inner city areas that are gang infest and wipe the gangs out. 

Do you care about what happened at Sandy Hook? That wasn't an "inner city" shooting.

Just because you don't want to acknowledge the problem, doesn't make it go away.

None the less, I have never said the AR15 is the the only problem, all guns of that type are a problem. There is no reason at all for military style weapons in the hands of civilians.

Just now, leftjohn said:

Do you care about what happened at Sandy Hook? That wasn't an "inner city" shooting.

Just because you don't want to acknowledge the problem, doesn't make it go away.

None the less, I have never said the AR15 is the the only problem, all guns of that type are a problem. There is no reason at all for military style weapons in the hands of civilians.

So, Comrade.

...it's about... Caring.

Do you Care, Comrade?

Mass Murdering Automobiles

Automobile Mass-murders 6, wounds 21 in van rampage on London Bridge

Automobile Mass-murders 4, Wounds 44 in Stillwater, Okla.

Automobile Mass-murders 12, Wounds 48 in Berlin, Germany.

- They are registered.

- They are licensed.

- They are regulated by the Government.

- Owners are trained.

- Owners are licensed.

- Owners are regulated by the Government.

...and still, automobiles commit mass murder.

30,000 Americans this Year...

By far the most common type of injury accident involving children are those that also involve motor vehicle collisions. According to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA), nearly 250,000 children are injured every year in car accidents.

This means that on any given day nearly 700 children are harmed due to accidents on our roadways. Of the 250,000 kids injured each year, approximately 2,000 die from their injuries. Children make up about 5% of total fatalities due to car accidents. In fact, for children between the ages of 2 and 14, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death...

36499D2900000578-3691019-image-a-54_1468

- The leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.

- Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year.

So, there is only one option left to guarantee the safety and protection of Citizens...

Automobile confiscation.

Your Government will still have them... but you will not.

You don't really need one, anyway, car-nuts... you can walk or ride a bicycle...

Billions of people on this planet do every day. Or use public transportation.

Because, you don't have one of THESE for your car, do you?

Just now, Blue Devil said:

So, Comrade.

...it's about... Caring.

Do you Care, Comrade?

BlueBalls, I know you think I'm your "Comrade", but I'm just not feeling it with you anymore.

When you started falsifying my quotes and pulling Jefferson quotes out of your rear, you were pretty much relegated to  "Oh look, the baby's crying again" status.

I literally think you are beneath me.

14 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

I'm not repeating myself, I repeating you. You are the one that said the words "A well regulated militia" in the 2nd amendment were the "declarative REASON".

Here's your quote:

4 hours ago, Golfboy said:

GOD you're a moron.

^^ Your words, not mine. Repeating you, not me.

Yes, A declarative reason.   Not the ONLY one.    Stupid fuck. 

And why do you continue to ignore the Supreme court, who not only bent you over, but then punted your stupid ass?

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2-53.

(a) The Amendment's prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause's text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2-22.

As any moron can see, the right to bear arms is not connected in any way to being in a militia. 

4 hours ago, Golfboy said:

GOD you're a moron.

^^ Your words, not mine.

When you declare something the REASON, you mean it is the REASON. 

I'm agreeing with you, what's your problem. I think it's the REASON as well.