Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

16 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Oh well, ignorance is a great tool when you're trying to rationalize slaughtering humans.

You should know.   After its born, most of the anti abortionists couldn't care less what happens to the unwanted child.

17 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I guess blewadog never heard of viability.

Your mixing up time periods you stupid scumbag.  There's before and after.  They are not the same thing.

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I'm glad you had a good outcome.

I'm in favor of abortion in cases of medical emergency, rape, and incest. You're right, not all are as lucky as you, and mothers need to be there for their children. Not all choices are wrong.

Would you likewise concede that some abortions are wrong?

No, because I have no way of knowing what each individual circumstance is.  Trust me:  NO ONE likes abortion.  My niece aborted a 24-week fetus three years ago, it did not have the right amount of chromosomes and was basically the same as a tumor.  Pregnancy carries too many health risks to carry a "thing" to term that would never be able to take a breath.  It was horrible, for all of us.  Do you think she wanted an abortion?

1 minute ago, TruroBeth said:

No, because I have no way of knowing what each individual circumstance is.  Trust me:  NO ONE likes abortion.  My niece aborted a 24-week fetus three years ago, it did not have the right amount of chromosomes and was basically the same as a tumor.  Pregnancy carries too many health risks to carry a "thing" to term that would never be able to take a breath.  It was horrible, for all of us.  Do you think she wanted an abortion?

However, she will go down in the anti-abortion stats as some murderer who aborted a "possibly viable" fetus because she was a "murderous cunt", which I have been called several times today ... even though I never aborted a damn thing.

2 hours ago, TruroBeth said:

One of my daughters had a baby born with anencephaly, which means no brain. She knew at about four months there was no way he would live and we supported her decision whatever she decided, but she decided to carry him to term and give birth. He has a name and a grave, but I still would've supported her whatever her decision because he had no chance at normal development or a normal life. My objection is not to cases like these but to simple convenience abortions for "oopsie." I'm certain no one "wants" an abortion, just as most people don't want root canals or to pay taxes but not sure how that makes them okay...

38 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

One of my daughters had a baby born with anencephaly, which means no brain. She knew at about four months there was no way he would live and we supported her decision whatever she decided, but she decided to carry him to term and give birth. He has a name and a grave, but I still would've supported her whatever her decision because he had no chance at normal development or a normal life. My objection is not to cases like these but to simple convenience abortions for "oopsie." I'm certain no one "wants" an abortion, just as most people don't want root canals or to pay taxes but not sure how that makes them okay...

You said the words, "how that makes them okay".  There are too many factors to make that decision.  I worked in a hospital that had a baby born with anencephaly, the doc wrote orders to not feed it.  The nursing staff fed him anyway, he had a sucking reflex and they were not about to let him die of starvation.  He, of course, died within two days.  Do not believe that all of us pro-choicers are evil "murderers".  Every single individual girl or woman has a horrible decision to make, and she carries that with her throughout her life.  The last thing she needs is people who know absolutely nothing about how or why she came to that decision telling her that she is a "murderer".  Do abortion statistics reveal each individual story?  Of course not, they can't.  But to women who have suffered through that painful decision, it matters.

53 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

You said the words, "how that makes them okay".  There are too many factors to make that decision.  I worked in a hospital that had a baby born with anencephaly, the doc wrote orders to not feed it.  The nursing staff fed him anyway, he had a sucking reflex and they were not about to let him die of starvation.  He, of course, died within two days.  Do not believe that all of us pro-choicers are evil "murderers".  Every single individual girl or woman has a horrible decision to make, and she carries that with her throughout her life.  The last thing she needs is people who know absolutely nothing about how or why she came to that decision telling her that she is a "murderer".  Do abortion statistics reveal each individual story?  Of course not, they can't.  But to women who have suffered through that painful decision, it matters.

I never said abortion is murder. You're often putting words in my mouth. That makes it difficult to have a civil discussion.

Once again, my objection is to casual abortions for "oopsie." Are you actually arguing that never happens??

Just now, SixShooter said:

I never said abortion is murder. You're often putting words in my mouth. That makes it difficult to have a civil discussion.

Once again, my objection is to casual abortions for "oopsie." Are you actually arguing that never happens??

Just now, SixShooter said:

You misunderstood me.  I have been on this thread all day being called a "murderer", was in no way singling you out, nor did the sentence it was in infer that.  I apologize if you thought otherwise.  Tell me:  Have you ever talked to a girl or a woman who called her abortion an "oopsie"?  Ever?  

Just now, TruroBeth said:

You misunderstood me.  I have been on this thread all day being called a "murderer", was in no way singling you out, nor did the sentence it was in infer that.  I apologize if you thought otherwise.  Tell me:  Have you ever talked to a girl or a woman who called her abortion an "oopsie"?  Ever?  

And when did I put words in your mouth?  I thought this discussion WAS civil, if it is not for you, please disengage.

2 hours ago, SixShooter said:

Don't you have a dog that's waiting for you to give it a blowjob Blewadog?

No you braying jackass.   Your father was a pimp and your mother was a whore.  What a no-good bastard you turned out to be.

39 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

You misunderstood me.  I have been on this thread all day being called a "murderer", was in no way singling you out, nor did the sentence it was in infer that.  I apologize if you thought otherwise. 

Thanks for that, no apology necessary. I know you had some mean things said to you. I enjoyed our discussion. :)

40 minutes ago, TruroBeth said:

Have you ever talked to a girl or a woman who called her abortion an "oopsie"?  Ever?  

No but I know abortions are had for simple avoidance of the responsibility of raising a child, which is wrong in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Five By Five said:

If the parents decide they are not financially able at the time.. what is wrong with making the choice to remain child free? If the parents don't think they can do the job than maybe the effortv should be aborted?  What is wrong is that we won't give people contraceptives and say they are morally wrong and then  they use abortion for birth control.

Bullshit. Contraceptives are readily available for free or cheap. There's nothing wrong with being child-free... unless you achieve it by killing your children simply for that reason.

Just now, TruroBeth said:

Are you really assuming that people who get laid are all responsible?

Of course not but easy abortions contribute to increasing irresponsibility Beth. Doesn't that make sense? I mean, many people are restrained from irresponsible behavior because of adverse consequences. If it's easy to get out of a jam, getting into a jam is that much more likely.

Look, I know it will never be perfect. But 1,000,000 abortions a year?? That's crazy.

4 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Bullshit. Contraceptives are readily available for free or cheap. There's nothing wrong with being child-free... unless you achieve it by killing your children simply for that reason.

That is easy for us "responsible" people to say, isn't it?  Tell that to a 15 year old girl who snuck out of her house and did something REALLY stupid with an 18 year old boy who has a football scholarship.  So let's just fuck up both their lives because of a two or three week old clump of cells that in NO WAY is a "child".  Then bitch about them being "moochers" as they seek help from the government because their parents kicked them out.

4 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

Well if the Catholics would get on baord with contraception and planning then maybe the number could be reduced.

Wouldn't make a big dent. According to Guttmacher:

Many abortion patients reported a religious affiliation—24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients had no religious affiliation. 

8 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Of course not but easy abortions contribute to increasing irresponsibility Beth. Doesn't that make sense? I mean, many people are restrained from irresponsible behavior because of adverse consequences. If it's easy to get out of a jam, getting into a jam is that much more likely.

Look, I know it will never be perfect. But 1,000,000 abortions a year?? That's crazy.

Abortion did not begin with Roe v. Wade.  They just became sterile, and girls didn't die.  Would you want your daughter to die because she had a few stupid minutes?  Is that the penalty for having sex?

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Wouldn't make a big dent. According to Guttmacher:

Many abortion patients reported a religious affiliation—24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients had no religious affiliation. 

So, you don't think that reducing 37% of abortions is a big deal?  Catholics and those crackhead crazy "evangelicals"?