• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump!  Kneeling on a guy until his heart stops is murder.  Abortion is nothing more than the removal of a parasite.  Like say a tapeworm or bot fly larva.

Why cant anybody accept the fact that abortion is murder?!  I just dont get it.

Im sorry, but I cant seem to "get over" the fact that there are people like you advocating for the death of innocent babies.  

11 minutes ago, peter45 said:

MORALITY

The question of morality is the question of the imposition of morality,

or,

the imposition of religious beliefs on another.

If the mother does not believe that abortion is immoral,

then she has done nothing immoral.

If someone else believes that abortion is immoral,

and attempts to stop the abortion,

the immoral act is the stopping of the abortion,

which is the imposition of one's religious beliefs on another person.

It is a freedom of religion issue, both morally and legally.

This has nothing to do with religion.  I never mentioned religion.  What I want to know is why you think killing an innocent human is immoral.

1 minute ago, jrobin15283 said:

This has nothing to do with religion.  I never mentioned religion.  What I want to know is why you think killing an innocent human is immoral.

YOU don't know what I think.

You mentioned morality.

Religion is normally accepted to be a group of people who have decided to agree on what they consider to be moral.

On 8/31/2018 at 4:31 PM, RollingRock said:

No, but I've worked with doctors daily for 31 years.  I'm a medical coder and work in healthcare reimbursement.  

Safer for whom?  And what if the woman doesn't want her body cut open?  

simple matter of choice,

with a c section, the baby could be saved, but with you if the mother doesn't want one, a partial abortion  is ok.

so your claim only to save the life a mother is one big lie.

2 minutes ago, peter45 said:

YOU don't know what I think.

You mentioned morality.

Religion is normally accepted to be a group of people who have decided to agree on what they consider to be moral.

Actually, I do know what you think, because you said specifically that a mother's beliefs in morality dictate whether or not abortion is okay.  So why do you think that abortion could be moral?

14 hours ago, DemoMan said:

You never specified when "an abortion would not better than a c section in a medical emergency".

YOU:   you simply said a a partial birth abortion would be safer than a c section, 

I said abortions were safer than C-sections. Why is it that you are incapable of posting without distorting and lying about what was said?

YOU:  partial birth abortions take place from 7 months to full term. 

Can you support your claim that "an abortion would not better than a c section in a medical emergency", or can't you?

partial birth abortions in the last 2 months takes 2 days. how is that conducive in an emergency?

On 8/31/2018 at 3:23 PM, RollingRock said:

So you think it should be changed to say let the woman die if there's a medical emergency?  :huh:  Sorry, that's not happening.

Either include a clear and irrevokable exception for the life/health of the woman or no dice.  

a c section would work, but you changed your stance.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:18 PM, RollingRock said:

Perhaps this will clear it all up for YOU:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/1/8

A fetus is not considered a child, person, or human being until it is "born alive."  Prior to birth, it's not legally any of these terms.

so according  you,  only humans have any legal  protection so we can kill cats and dogs on sight?

15 minutes ago, jrobin15283 said:

Actually, I do know what you think, because you said specifically that a mother's beliefs in morality dictate whether or not abortion is okay.  So why do you think that abortion could be moral?

No,

I said if she does not believe it is immoral,

it is not immoral,

implied TO HER.

What others believe is moral,

or immoral,

is implied TO THEM.

6 minutes ago, peter45 said:

No,

I said if she does not believe it is immoral,

it is not immoral,

implied TO HER.

What others believe is moral,

or immoral,

is implied TO THEM.

what if someone burned down a house and told the judge it was a moral thing to do.

would he get off scott free?

2 minutes ago, jerra- said:

what if someone burned down a house and told the judge it was a moral thing to do.

would he get off scott free?

If he believed it was moral,

he would not have done anything immoral,

IN HIS OWN MIND.

Doesn't mean that it was legal.

He would probably be sent to a mental facility,

if they had any.

Probably wind up being one of the many people with mental problems in a "for profit" jail instead.

1 minute ago, peter45 said:

If he believed it was moral,

he would not have done anything immoral,

IN HIS OWN MIND.

Doesn't mean that it was legal.

He would probably be sent to a mental facility,

if they had any.

Probably wind up being one of the many people with mental problems in a "for profit" jail instead.

Okay so you basically have no argument.  You cannot argue with abstractions, and according to your perverted standards of morality, ANYTHING is moral to whoever thinks it is moral.  If you truly believe this, then there is really no point in discussing with you.

2 minutes ago, jrobin15283 said:

Okay so you basically have no argument.  You cannot argue with abstractions, and according to your perverted standards of morality, ANYTHING is moral to whoever thinks it is moral.  If you truly believe this, then there is really no point in discussing with you.

May I infer that you believe that you have the right to force your moral beliefs on others?

Just now, peter45 said:

May I infer that you believe that you have the right to force your moral beliefs on others?

I believe that nobody has the right to take the life of other innocent humans.  There are certain rights that all humans must have in order to have a functioning society.  If society adopted what I am implying are your beliefs that there is a subjective morality, there would be anarchy.  What I want to ask you is if we should have laws and whether we should enforce those laws.

4 minutes ago, jrobin15283 said:

I believe that nobody has the right to take the life of other innocent humans.  There are certain rights that all humans must have in order to have a functioning society.  If society adopted what I am implying are your beliefs that there is a subjective morality, there would be anarchy.  What I want to ask you is if we should have laws and whether we should enforce those laws.

Ones rights stop where others' rights begin.  A woman's right to "choose" ends when those choices infringe upon the right for a human to live.  What you can "infer" is that I believe in the social contract theory

1 minute ago, jrobin15283 said:

LAWS ON ABORTION

The laws on abortion were determined by the drug companies.

The drug companies had introduced their new product, the BIRTH CONTROL PILL.

Early on, they had not had the opportunity to claim that it did not work by causing abortions.

So, they found some poor fool, and got abortion made legal.

If you want to dispute the laws on abortion,

you will need to take it up with the drug companies,

and the Republican legislator who will defend them.

LAWS ON ABORTION

Early on, they had not had the opportunity to claim that it did not work by causing abortions.

What does this have to do with the morality discussion? Stop deflecting.  I am not talking about some "drug company".

LAWS ON ABORTION

An associated subject,

is WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THE PILL IS A CONTRACEPTIVE?

Who did the research?

Who had the equipment?

THE DRUG COMPANIES?

2 minutes ago, jrobin15283 said:

What does this have to do with the morality discussion? Stop deflecting.  I am not talking about some "drug company".

Since the legality will be determined by the drug companies,

there is no reason to discuss it politically.

I do not discuss MY MORAL BELIEFS.

Just now, jerra- said:

what about dogs? no problem with killing them? they are not human.

Just now, peter45 said:

An associated subject,

is WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THE PILL IS A CONTRACEPTIVE?

Who did the research?

Who had the equipment?

THE DRUG COMPANIES?

if so, the drug companies are doing what they think is morally right, so according to you, that is ok.