Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arris

NRA PROMOTING VIOLENCE?

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

It's always a good idea to learn your own gun inside and out.  It makes it easier to use when you're under stress and hammering with adrenaline.

I'm sorry your partner expressed herself the way she did.  But, some people have such a powerfully negative visceral reaction to them I suppose it's not surprising; I've seen people who love each other say some astonishingly hurtful things when the subject turns to things they have a deep-seated resistance to.  Let's be honest, people fear crime and violence, and some people see guns as the very embodiment of such things; not realizing that guns in the hands of honest citizens can save lives.  If they fear the violence but think the gun itself is the source of it, then they will hate the gun irrationally, and lash out at anyone who so much as implies that a gun might be a beneficial thing to have around... even if that person is someone they care about.

I'm going to start a thread on my experience at the class later, but I'm going to say that it was eye opening and I was wrong on a lot of things (including many of my previous beliefs).  For right now, I'm just going to say I'm sorry for some of my behavior towards you.

spoiler* 

i purchased a new pistol for carrying, a Heckler and Coch VP-9 :)

On 9/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, DumptheTrump said:

I've decided that I'm going to bring my own revolver with me to get more familiar with it.  I do carry it in my purse (legally, I passed the concealed carry course which involves a shooting portion as well), but I know there are much more modern guns that would probably suit my needs better.

Carrying a gun in your purse means that when your purse is snatched, the thief gets a nice valuable gun to sell. Consider a holster that can strap somewhere unobtrusive, that a thief can't know about or get to easily.

Ankle or thigh, depending on clothing. Example here. The are also bra holsters. I'm sure you know more about all this than I do, since I've never owned a gun. 

754139.jpg

5 minutes ago, laripu said:

Carrying a gun in your purse means that when your purse is snatched, the thief gets a nice valuable gun to sell. Consider a holster that can strap somewhere unobtrusive, that a thief can't know about or get to easily.

Ankle or thigh, depending on clothing. Example here. The are also bra holsters. I'm sure you know more about all this than I do, since I've never owned a gun. 

754139.jpg

I like!!!!!  I just bought a new pistol yesterday so I do need a holster!

The reason I brought this up is this:

My parents never owned a car or even knew how to drive. In 1996, when my mother was 82, she was walking home from the street (two blocks away) where she did her shopping. It was (and still is) a quiet working class neighborhood in an English and immigrant area of Montreal. As was her habit, she had the strap of her purse wound around her middle finger.

Three doors away from her house,  a thief ran by and grabbed the purse, yanking it away from her, breaking her middle finger. She fell to the ground, but got up and started to run after him, but never saw his face. He was (of course) much faster.

Had she had a weapon in her purse, he would have got it. As it was he got away with under $25 and some wadded up Kleenex. She never owned a credit card, and didn't carry ID, so no problem there. She brought her groceries home and called police, who called me.

Her broken finger was set (and that treatment paid via Canadian Medicare :) ) and she walked around for a long time "giving the thief the finger".

2 minutes ago, laripu said:

The reason I brought this up is this:

My parents never owned a car or even knew how to drive. In 1996, when my mother was 82, she was walking home from the street (two blocks away) where she did her shopping. It was (and still is) a quiet working class neighborhood in an English and immigrant area of Montreal. As was her habit, she had the strap of her purse wound around her middle finger.

Three doors away from her house,  a thief ran by and grabbed the purse, yanking it away from her, breaking her middle finger. She fell to the ground, but got up and started to run after him, but never saw his face. He was (of course) much faster.

Had she had a weapon in her purse, he would have got it. As it was he got away with under $25 and some wadded up Kleenex. She never owned a credit card, and didn't carry ID, so no problem there. She brought her groceries home and called police, who called me.

Her broken finger was set (and that treatment paid via Canadian Medicare :) ) and she walked around for a long time "giving the thief the finger".

After reading this I will NEVER carry in my purse again!!!

On 9/2/2017 at 3:56 PM, DumptheTrump said:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, which won't buy anything, anymore.

I third that emotion.  Purse carry is not prudent for a whole host of reasons.

Heckler & Koch just might be the premier designer and manufacturer of modern small arms.  Quality and reliability is unsurpassed.  I own several of their larger models in .45ACP, for home defense.  That said, their pistols tend to be on the bulky side ...  Even the VP9, which is supposed to be for concealment.  But its a high tech looking, sexy pistol which is almost surely very durable and reliable.  I'm saying this freely, since very few people stick with their first choice of pistol, without additional purchases, down the line.

I carry a Sig-Sauer P938, in a Galco holster, on the inside of my left ankle.  So comfortable, I often forget I'm wearing it.  I drive using my right leg, so it's never been a hindrance. I've always preferred single-action semi-autos that use thumb a safety with a round already chambered.  It requires more training but is a lot safer.  To me, a safety on the trigger (originated by Glock and vastly popular) is a clever solution to a non-existent problem ...  The weapon can discharge so easily that one might be tempted to leave the chamber empty and rack the slide at the moment of crisis. I know some who carry that way.  But racking a slide, under extreme stress can easily lead to a useless weapon. Using an empty chamber as a safety is foolproof from the safety point of view but hazardous when getting the weapon into action.  (Despite James Bond demonstrations to the contrary.

Another option I don't prefer is a magazine fed pistol with a heavy double-action pull for the first shot ...  Similar to a double action revolver.  In fact, a double action revolver eliminates all these problems ...  But only holds six shots.  Nevertheless, most gunfights take place at very close range, in dim light, with less than six shots fired.  Although that's a fact, I'm sure the experts here can bring up numerous exceptions to the rule. 

Ankle carry requires long pants, which have to be lifted up, delaying the draw.  But I've made the decision to sacrifice some speed for a vast improvement in comfort.  A gun left home is useless.

So much of this is personal preference and experience.  For the sake of brevity, I've left out the details of most of what I have to say. 

1 hour ago, bludog said:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, which won't buy anything, anymore.

I third that emotion.  Purse carry is not prudent for a whole host of reasons.

Heckler & Koch just might be the premier designer and manufacturer of modern small arms.  Quality and reliability is unsurpassed.  I own several of their larger models in .45ACP, for home defense.  That said, their pistols tend to be on the bulky side ...  Even the VP9, which is supposed to be for concealment.  But its a high tech looking, sexy pistol which is almost surely very durable and reliable.  I'm saying this freely, since very few people stick with their first choice of pistol, without additional purchases, down the line.

I carry a Sig-Sauer P938, in a Galco holster, on the inside of my left ankle.  So comfortable, I often forget I'm wearing it.  I drive using my right leg, so it's never been a hindrance. I've always preferred single-action using a safety with a round already chambered.  It requires more training but is a lot safer.  To me, a safety on the trigger (originated by Glock and vastly popular) is a clever solution to a non-existent problem ...  The weapon can discharge so easily that one might be tempted to leave the chamber empty and rack the slide at the moment of crisis. I know some who carry that way.  But racking a slide, under extreme stress can easily lead to a useless weapon. Using an empty chamber as a safety is foolproof from the safety point of view but hazardous when getting the weapon into action.  (Despite James Bond demonstrations to the contrary.

Another option I don't prefer is a magazine fed pistol with a heavy double-action pull for the first shot ...  Similar to a double action revolver.  In fact, a double action revolver eliminates all these problems ...  But only holds six shots.  Nevertheless, most gunfights take place at very close range, in dim light, with less than six shots fired.  Although that's a fact, I'm sure the experts here can bring up numerous exceptions to the rule. 

Ankle carry requires long pants, which have to be lifted up, delaying the draw.  But I've made the decision to sacrifice some speed for a vast improvement in comfort.  A gun left home is useless.

So much of this is personal preference and experience.  For the sake of brevity, I've left out the details of most of what I have to say. 

Excellent post :)

i picked he green VP9.  It just looks sexy (if a gun can be sexy).

my partner might not be my partner anymore because of the last few days and the fact I bought a gun.  I'm really learning a lot the last few days on multiple fronts......

One of the problems with guns is that people may be killed accidentally. Everyone will determine the probability of that for themselves, in their own lives. 

In my case, my wife is an intelligent and excellent person, but has a temper. When she's angry, rationality departs and it can be frightening. While she's alive, I  will never allow a gun in the house.

In any case, I'm not a gun guy. If I were on my own I'd probably learn to shoot and consider whether I wanted a gun or not. But I'm not at all eager to get a gun or ... most definitely ... to be on my own. 

3 hours ago, DumptheTrump said:

Excellent post :)

my partner might not be my partner anymore because of the last few days and the fact I bought a gun.  I'm really learning a lot the last few days on multiple fronts......

I chose my Sig-Sauer P938 in a greenish-brownish finish too.  Another thing I like about H&K is the polygonal barrel rifling ...  Doesn't get as fouled and then much easier to clean than the traditional lands and grooves.  They must have gone over cleaning and maintenance in your class.  Any currently made Heckler & Koch weapon is an excellent choice.

I always field strip, clean and lubricate after every use.  After trying dozens of products, over the years, I use Break Free CLP  (cleaner, lubricant, preservative).  It does what it says.

4 minutes ago, bludog said:

I chose my Sig-Sauer P938 is a greenish-brownish finish too.  Another thing I like about H&K is the polygonal barrel rifling ...  Doesn't get as fouled and then much easier to clean than the traditional lands and grooves.  They must have gone over cleaning and maintenance in your class.  Any currently made Heckler & Koch weapon is an excellent choice.

I always field strip, clean and lubricate after every use.  After trying dozens of products, over the years, I use Break Free CLP  (cleaner, lubricant, preservative).  It does what it says.

They went over how to break down and clean all of our personal guns and also introduced us to new guns.  I really liked the AR15.  I fired two clips through it and was surprised how easy it was for me to handle .  I thought they were big and powerful but it was much easier to use than a shotgun (which we also shot). 

9 minutes ago, laripu said:

One of the problems with guns is that people may be killed accidentally. Everyone will determine the probability of that for themselves, in their own lives. 

In my case, my wife is an intelligent and excellent person, but has a temper. When she's angry, rationality departs and it can be frightening. While she's alive, I  will never allow a gun in the house.

In any case, I'm not a gun guy. If I were on my own I'd probably learn to shoot and consider whether I wanted a gun or not. But I'm not at all eager to get a gun or ... most definitely ... to be on my own. 

I don't blame you.  Ownership of guns requires an absolute certainty that no one in your household would ever use them in a fit of anger.  Even if you kept them locked in a safe, it would still be a big worry.

I have been around guns all my life ...  Most of my family owned and used guns.  They are an interest of mine but hardly my main interest.  IMO, the subject of gun ownership has been artificially politicized.  In reality, advocacy, one way or the other,  does not belong to the left or the right.

1 hour ago, DumptheTrump said:

They went over how to break down and clean all of our personal guns and also introduced us to new guns.  I really liked the AR15.  I fired two clips through it and was surprised how easy it was for me to handle .  I thought they were big and powerful but it was much easier to use than a shotgun (which we also shot). 

It looks like you got some good hands on training. Here in Iowa the training can come from ON LINE. In that case there is no hands on experience. I don't agree with that since there is no actual handling or firing of the gun. A friend of mine who owns a gun shop told me he had a customer who when he picked up the gun had his finger on the trigger and he looked down the barrel. This person had ON LINE training. I think that was an accident waiting to happen

35 minutes ago, Arris said:

It looks like you got some good hands on training. Here in Iowa the training can come from ON LINE. In that case there is no hands on experience. I don't agree with that since there is no actual handling or firing of the gun. A friend of mine who owns a gun shop told me he had a customer who when he picked up the gun had his finger on the trigger and he looked down the barrel. This person had ON LINE training. I think that was an accident waiting to happen

Heh heh.  Sounds like the guy was a dead man walking.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:21 PM, skews13 said:

The NRA is a marketing tool for the gun manufacturers. This current effort by them is to promote gun sales that have fallen off significantly since the elections last year. They can't sell guns without a liberal boogeyman that is coming to take their customers rights away. The best thing liberals can do is be silent about gun regulations right now as the environment is to toxic to support it. Right now you just want to be a giant spotlight that points out just who their customers are. The nazis showing up at protests with their big guns and their little penises.

I agree with your point that they (The NRA) have become basically a tool for gun manufacturers. Interestingly, I believe they rejoiced when Obama was elected due to very fact that sales of guns went directly through the roof. And with Trump's election, almost the opposite has happened. That's not good, and they know it. 

Long ago, the NRA actually made rational sense as it was really about supporting gun safety and focused mostly on sport and preservation of the wilderness. So as people grow alarmed at an epidemic of gun violence, the NRA is against knee jerk reactions by politicians, and very much so, in an unrealistic way. 

The NRA has big political power on both sides of the political isle  - although there are only 2 parties, there's probably more than two sides to the values citizens hold and a multitude of variation regarding beliefs as well. The U.S. political issue because of this has reached a saturation point where many people are confused or cynical or simply extremely apathetic towards their own democracy. 

The NRA likes it this way, is my guess.

Peace!

I'll just say that as of today I did something I thought I'd never do; I joined the NRA.  I did a three year membership for $65. 

The class I took did a brief overview of it before it was over and I was shocked.  Gun control as we know it today was being pushed after the Civil War to keep former slaves from owning guns!!!! This made my blood boil. The more and more I've been reading up on gun laws and the NRA, the more I believe that the 2nd amendment is something that should not be touched. I was wrong in my beliefs before. These politicians, both democrat and republican, that are for restricting guns are using the "it's for the children" and "we want you to be safe" crap to take guns away from people. After learning about the whole freed slaves event, I now feel that gun control is meant to take away means of self defense, not protect us from ourselves.  

I used to attend Gun violence Prevention meetings for my local Organizing For Action chapter. They do not talk about ways to reduce gun deaths, they only talk about new laws that need to be passed and which local stores that sell guns need to be shut down.  I reached out to the head organizer for the meetings and said that I will no longer be attending.  He asked why, so I told him.  He started to debate me and ended up hanging up on me.  Funny how when I agreed with him at the meetings he was my friend, but now that my opinion has changed he treats me like trash.  I will not longer be supportive of OFA

I'm going to start a thread on my experience at the class later, but I'm going to say that it was eye opening and I was wrong on a lot of things (including many of my previous beliefs).  For right now, I'm just going to say I'm sorry for some of my behavior towards you.

I accept your apology, and appreciate it; even if I don't think it's really necessary.  I'm gratified that we have been able to have a constructive conversation about all of this!

spoiler* 

Very nice!  The HK series of firearms are definitely top-quality and first rate tools.  The VP-9 is actually one of their better offerings; it should serve you well.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:27 AM, laripu said:

An excellent point to bring up.  Off-body carry, as they call it, is rife with problems.  My wife carries her sidearm inside her waistband at the appendix position in a proper holster; her physical structure enables her to carry a full-size pistol unobtrusively, accessible to either hand, and the drape of whatever clothing she's wearing means the pistol is literally invisible, but is instantly accessible if needed.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, bludog said:

I carry a Sig-Sauer P938, in a Galco holster, on the inside of my left ankle.  So comfortable, I often forget I'm wearing it.  I drive using my right leg, so it's never been a hindrance. I've always preferred single-action semi-autos that use thumb a safety with a round already chambered.  It requires more training but is a lot safer.  To me, a safety on the trigger (originated by Glock and vastly popular) is a clever solution to a non-existent problem ...  The weapon can discharge so easily that one might be tempted to leave the chamber empty and rack the slide at the moment of crisis. I know some who carry that way.  But racking a slide, under extreme stress can easily lead to a useless weapon. Using an empty chamber as a safety is foolproof from the safety point of view but hazardous when getting the weapon into action.  (Despite James Bond demonstrations to the contrary.

There is a comment that floats around about how the gun you have with you is better than the one you left at home, and there's truth to that.  That said, I still chuckle at one of my instructors who once said: "a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable.  It's there to be comforting!" but I avoid methods that are clearly UNcomfortable.  Ankle carry, to me, however, is not something I recommend.  When I was in uniform I carried my second backup in an ankle holster, knowing that if I were to be knocked onto my back and have my legs up in a defensive posture I could access it rather quickly; but as a primary carry method ankle is entirely too slow and awkward to access, and I don't like sacrificing my mobility to drop to a knee or even just bend over when life might be measured in split seconds.

My preferred carry sidearm is a modified Glock, also carried in the appendix position;  I happen to like the "caveman simple" manual of arms which is much easier to manipulate effectively under stress.  I do carry with the chamber loaded, but my holster covers the trigger and I practice religious trigger-finger discipline.

23 hours ago, DumptheTrump said:

This makes me smile.  A lot of people would not appreciate what you're trying to say here, but I do.  I grew up with an unusual influence: my grandfather had been a lawman in the Southwest, and growing up our house often entertained old school town marshals and constables and sheriffs who had been the backbone of law enforcement through the 1930's into the 1970's, and I saw an amazing array of personal sidearms, from the most rudimentary blue-worn revolver to silver-plated and engraved pistols sporting polished bone grip panels.  I therefore grew up with an appreciation of how "sexy" a personal sidearm can be!

23 hours ago, DumptheTrump said:

I am sorry to hear that.  I do know how that feels; I had more than one relationship end when the other person became aware I kept firearms around.

22 hours ago, bludog said:

One word of caution I would throw out there:  CLP is a great cleaner and works well as a cleaner.... but the Cleaner part of it breaks down the lubricant and preservative aspect over time, leaving a sludge that can actually gum things up.  I use CLP for cleaning, but use Slip 2000 EWL (Extreme Weapon Lube) for my lubrication purposes.

22 hours ago, DumptheTrump said:

One of the reasons I advocate for rifles like the AR as personal defense tools.  Reliable, easy to shoot under stress, and very accurate.  My wife can run an AR easily and skillfully, but a shotgun is heavy and cumbersome to her, and the recoil can leave her bruised.  

(Good natured gibe: remember that "clips" and "magazines" are two different things.  AR's use detachable box magazines, though the military does use disposable metal clips to facilitate the loading of them in 10 round increments.)

20 hours ago, DumptheTrump said:

I'll just say that as of today I did something I thought I'd never do; I joined the NRA.  I did a three year membership for $65. 

The class I took did a brief overview of it before it was over and I was shocked.  Gun control as we know it today was being pushed after the Civil War to keep former slaves from owning guns!!!! This made my blood boil. The more and more I've been reading up on gun laws and the NRA, the more I believe that the 2nd amendment is something that should not be touched. I was wrong in my beliefs before. These politicians, both democrat and republican, that are for restricting guns are using the "it's for the children" and "we want you to be safe" crap to take guns away from people. After learning about the whole freed slaves event, I now feel that gun control is meant to take away means of self defense, not protect us from ourselves.  

I used to attend Gun violence Prevention meetings for my local Organizing For Action chapter. They do not talk about ways to reduce gun deaths, they only talk about new laws that need to be passed and which local stores that sell guns need to be shut down.  I reached out to the head organizer for the meetings and said that I will no longer be attending.  He asked why, so I told him.  He started to debate me and ended up hanging up on me.  Funny how when I agreed with him at the meetings he was my friend, but now that my opinion has changed he treats me like trash.  I will not longer be supportive of OFA

Thank you for sharing this!  You have had your eyes opened to some unpleasant truths too many people blind themselves to, and I admire you and respect your ability to have an open mind and to be willing to reevaluate this issue as you have.

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

One word of caution I would throw out there:  CLP is a great cleaner and works well as a cleaner.... but the Cleaner part of it breaks down the lubricant and preservative aspect over time, leaving a sludge that can actually gum things up.  I use CLP for cleaning, but use Slip 2000 EWL (Extreme Weapon Lube) for my lubrication purposes.

I have used Break Free CLP for years and NEVER had gum-up problem from sludge.  And although I'm sure you observe this precaution, only a VERY THIN film of lubricant should be left on the weapon after cleaning. 

I also use CLP to prevent rust on swords which mostly sit, displayed, and are only taken down for occasional use.  One these swords was once intentionally left untouched for over a year and inspected to see what happened to the CLP.  It remained lubricious until it finally dried to a powder, (probably mostly teflon) which went on protecting against rust.

However, one should lightly clean and re-lubricate any unused firearm regularly, depending on conditions.  There are plenty of gun cleaning systems out there some which have three or four ingredients applied in steps, most of which, probably do the job no better than a one or two step process.  I do like Eezox and have used it in the past.  All that said, I will check out Slip 2000 EWL, on your recommendation.

16 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Thank you for sharing this!  You have had your eyes opened to some unpleasant truths too many people blind themselves to, and I admire you and respect your ability to have an open mind and to be willing to reevaluate this issue as you have.

I will say that after having what happened to me the other day and also today that the hipocracy is unbelievable with some of these democrat run groups.  Bludog made a good point in another thread (choose more carefully what I share), but I will no longer blindly support or follow groups just because they are supportive of liberal ideas.  OFA is a joke, especially with how low they sank this morning.

funny how the NRA seems to be more diverse and accepting than some liberal groups.....

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

I accept your apology, and appreciate it; even if I don't think it's really necessary.  I'm gratified that we have been able to have a constructive conversation about all of this!

Very nice!  The HK series of firearms are definitely top-quality and first rate tools.  The VP-9 is actually one of their better offerings; it should serve you well.

An excellent point to bring up.  Off-body carry, as they call it, is rife with problems.  My wife carries her sidearm inside her waistband at the appendix position in a proper holster; her physical structure enables her to carry a full-size pistol unobtrusively, accessible to either hand, and the drape of whatever clothing she's wearing means the pistol is literally invisible, but is instantly accessible if needed.

There is a comment that floats around about how the gun you have with you is better than the one you left at home, and there's truth to that.  That said, I still chuckle at one of my instructors who once said: "a gun isn't supposed to be comfortable.  It's there to be comforting!" but I avoid methods that are clearly UNcomfortable.  Ankle carry, to me, however, is not something I recommend.  When I was in uniform I carried my second backup in an ankle holster, knowing that if I were to be knocked onto my back and have my legs up in a defensive posture I could access it rather quickly; but as a primary carry method ankle is entirely too slow and awkward to access, and I don't like sacrificing my mobility to drop to a knee or even just bend over when life might be measured in split seconds.

Appendix carry, to me, gets extremely painful when I bend or lean forward.  I know people who do it religiously.  I don't have that much dedication.  I do, however practice a speed draw from the ankle, with the understanding it can never be as fast .

My preferred carry sidearm is a modified Glock, also carried in the appendix position;  I happen to like the "caveman simple" manual of arms which is much easier to manipulate effectively under stress.  I do carry with the chamber loaded, but my holster covers the trigger and I practice religious trigger-finger discipline.

To each his own.  Even with pistols, using a thumb safety, in the cocked and locked position, trigger-finger discipline should be strictly observed.  I do.  But when I see someone carrying a Glock with a round in the chamber, it makes me leery.  I also know people who carry Glocks and use an empty chamber as a safety ...  Defeating the dubious purpose of placing the safety on the trigger, in the first place.

51 minutes ago, Spartan said:

One of the reasons I advocate for rifles like the AR as personal defense tools.  Reliable, easy to shoot under stress, and very accurate.  My wife can run an AR easily and skillfully, but a shotgun is heavy and cumbersome to her, and the recoil can leave her bruised.  

(Good natured gibe: remember that "clips" and "magazines" are two different things.  AR's use detachable box magazines, though the military does use disposable metal clips to facilitate the loading of them in 10 round increments.)

Again, a slight difference in point of view.  AR rounds can penetrate many walls, and have more chance of hitting the innocent than and ounce of birdshot.  Shotguns, thus loaded, tend to cause devastating wounds, likely to incapacitate or kill at close range.  I could not (do not) imagine myself needing to shoot someone at long range although you have already informed us  there are rare, documented cases where this was necessary for self-defense.

That said, I do not favor any long gun for home defense due to the many documented cases of adrenalized homeowners getting immobilized by the weapon while trying to pass through a doorway. doorway ...  A situation which can be as deadly as it sounds embarrassing.  I favor a pistol in .45ACP, .45 Long Colt, or .44S&W, with a 5 to 6 inch barrel, loaded with expanding, self-defense rounds.

2 hours ago, bludog said:

I have used Break Free CLP for years and NEVER had gum-up problem from sludge.  And although I'm sure you observe this precaution, only a VERY THIN film of lubricant should be left on the weapon after cleaning. 

Absolutely correct.  Overlubing can create problems all their own, and admittedly my issue with CLP took place in a low-humidity, high dust situation, and on a pistol that was not in primary rotation.  

2 hours ago, bludog said:

However, one should lightly clean and re-lubricate any unused firearm regularly, depending on conditions.  There are plenty of gun cleaning systems out there some which have three or four ingredients applied in steps, most of which, probably do the job no better than a one or two step process.  I do like Eezox and have used it in the past.  All that said, I will check out Slip 2000 EWL, on your recommendation.

I am fairly religious about cleaning my primary firearms, wiping my primary sidearm down every night and cleaning it after every weekly training session.  I've experimented with Eezox, but have found the EWL to accomplish more with less.  I think you'll like it.

No holds barred chat

• Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• grgle

• Where’s at @slideman?

• Hola

• By teacher

I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• By impartialobserver

What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• By kfools

Where does it say 2?

• By kfools

So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• By teacher

How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• By Duck615

Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• By kfools

Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• By Imgreatagain

Mine too. 

• By Imgreatagain

I thought it was my location.. 

• By kfools

Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• By Duck615

OK thanks

• By king of the county

Test

• By Blue Devil

Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom