Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newtonjfox

Wow - has John McCain had a stroke?

His questions of Comey at Senate Hearing indicate real cognitive deficiencies.

Keeps referring to Trump as Comey.

Calls investigating Trump campaign ties to Russia but not keeping Clinton email investigation open a double standard.

Drunk, or on some kind of medication. Watch the swine Republicans try to protect this pig. Clinton is not president, nor is she secretary of state. I tried to keep track of how many times Clinton's name was brought up, but I lost count.

Clinton was Secretary of State and people still refer to her as "Secretary Clinton."

As Republicans go, John McCain is one of the better ones. :D We need people like McCain to get rid of Trump.

Clinton was Secretary of State and people still refer to her as "Secretary Clinton."

As Republicans go, John McCain is one of the better ones. :D We need people like McCain to get rid of Trump.

I have respect for McCain as a man, but as a Republican and a member of the senate, I do not. He is just as bad as the rest of those swine. He would never in a million years vote for impeachment, as would the rest of them. No one's sorrier then myself to have to say this, but Trump will never be impeached by this current congress. They will defend him no matter what the facts are.I watched it this morning and it confirmed what I'm always known.

His questions of Comey at Senate Hearing indicate real cognitive deficiencies.

Keeps referring to Trump as Comey.

Calls investigating Trump campaign ties to Russia but not keeping Clinton email investigation open a double standard.

McCain now blames his blithering on staying up too late watching the Diamondbacks. Not to say he is always as muddled as he was today, but his proffering this excuse is indicative of how bad it really was. Retirement calls.

McCain was trying to get Comey to say that "no reasonable prosecutor would bring a charge" against Trump - even though the Russia investigation is ongoing simply because Comey had said "no reasonable prosecutor would bring a charge" against Clinton after the email investigation was complete. This idiocy does not make him "one of the better ones." Instead this makes him a Trump lackey putting party above country.

McCain was trying to get Comey to say that "no reasonable prosecutor would bring a charge" against Trump - even though the Russia investigation is ongoing simply because Comey had said "no reasonable prosecutor would bring a charge" against Clinton after the email investigation was complete. This idiocy does not make him "one of the better ones." Instead this makes him a Trump lackey putting party above country.

I've heard McCain criticize Trump many, many times. I maintain he is one of the better Republicans in the Senate....along with my state's Susan Collins. Neither one is a raging wingnut.

I have respect for McCain as a man, but as a Republican and a member of the senate, I do not. He is just as bad as the rest of those swine. He would never in a million years vote for impeachment, as would the rest of them. No one's sorrier then myself to have to say this, but Trump will never be impeached by this current congress. They will defend him no matter what the facts are.I watched it this morning and it confirmed what I'm always known.

Maybe it's better if Pence never attains the presidency. Pence is an extremely regressive and hateful bigot. And he would be far more effective than Trump in pursuing his agenda. Maybe it's better to endure 4 years of the Orange Bumbler.

Maybe it's better if Pence never attains the presidency. Pence is an extremely regressive and hateful bigot. And he would be far more effective than Trump in pursuing his agenda. Maybe it's better to endure 4 years of the Orange Bumbler.

Unfortunately...you have a good point. Personally, I would rather not have one more day of him. I'd be willing to take my chances with Pence. Of course it's not just these two I'm concerned about, it's the rest of the swine that he's appointed. They are the most dangerous imo.

I've heard McCain criticize Trump many, many times. I maintain he is one of the better Republicans in the Senate....along with my state's Susan Collins. Neither one is a raging wingnut.

I hear where you are coming from, but "not a raging wing nut" should hardly be the standard. Read McCain's questions at the bottom of the below transcript and see what you think. I think he showed his true colors..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/us/politics/senate-hearing-transcript.html?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&module=RelatedCoverage&region=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article

McCain is perhaps one of the better Republicans in the Senate, however that is an extremely low bar. Not being a raging wingnut is only better by comparison.

McCain, along with Graham are are a bit too hawkish for my taste.

Today, it seemed like McCain's goal was to mention Clinton as many times as possible, even though it was not really relevant.

I will say that your Independent Sen. Angus King was exceptional at calling BS on the sycophant admiral, and DNI director Coates, yesterday..

In my view, you handle one problem at a time.

While I believe that your description of Pence is accurate, I worry that Trump would use nuclear weapons; I believe Pence would stop sorry of that. I believe Trump takes no advice, considering himself arrogantly as smarter than everyone. Pence is a bigot, but I think he could be influenced.

Anyway, let's get rid of one, then get rid of the other.

McCain is perhaps one of the better Republicans in the Senate, however that is an extremely low bar. Not being a raging wingnut is only better by comparison.

Today, it seemed like McCain's goal was to mention Clinton as many times as possible, even though it was not really relevant.

I will say that your Independent Sen. Angus King was exceptional at calling BS on the sycophant admiral, and DNI director Coates, yesterday..

Thing about McCain is he never really got over the whole Nam thing..totally understandable and must have done a real number on his head but for a very very long time he just wanted to bomb countries off the planet.

In my view, you handle one problem at a time.

While I believe that your description of Pence is accurate, I worry that Trump would use nuclear weapons; I believe Pence would stop sorry of that. I believe Trump takes no advice, considering himself arrogantly as smarter than everyone. Pence is a bigot, but I think he could be influenced.

Anyway, let's get rid of one, then get rid of the other.

Maybe you're correct about Pence probably being less likely to use nuclear weapons; An observation I've made, on these pages, myself. But Pence is unquestionably a warmonger. Yet, he might be more open to the suggestions of others than Trump. Most people would be.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/governor-mike-pences-record

And although he has not actually expressed a fascination with using nukes, as Trump has, Pence has certainly given the impression he would not hesitate to employ them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-mike-pence-north-korea-20170418-story.html

"Those who would challenge our resolve or readiness should know, we will defeat any attack and meet any use of conventional or nuclear weapons with an overwhelming and effective American response," Pence said.

Besides being a hateful bigot, Pence's policies are firmly Far Right Conservative and would wreck the Country for all but the Financial Elite ... In that regard, the same as Trump, I guess.

But one thing is for certain: Pence is far more sophisticated about maneuvering through the halls of government than Trump. He would be far more focused and effective at getting his policies enacted.

Careful what you wish for.

Maybe you're correct about Pence probably being less likely to use nuclear weapons; An observation I've made, on these pages, myself. But Pence is unquestionably a warmonger. Yet, he might be more open to the suggestions of others than Trump. Most people would be.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/governor-mike-pences-record

And although he has not actually expressed a fascination with using nukes, as Trump has, Pence has certainly given the impression he would not hesitate to employ them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-mike-pence-north-korea-20170418-story.html

Besides being a hateful bigot, Pence's policies are firmly Far Right Conservative and would wreck the Country for all but the Financial Elite ... In that regard, the same as Trump, I guess.

But one thing is for certain: Pence is far more sophisticated about maneuvering through the halls of government than Trump. He would be far more focused and effective at getting his policies enacted.

Pence IMO is not what he appears to portray..I suspect he is much worse..He was a talk show radio host AKA a showman so we will not know what we get with him. Trump for all of gazillion flaws is predictable. Trainable nope never. Trump will self destruct he is already paranoid beyond reason.

A few examples of him doing his thing back in the day..his hair is still white :P

https://www.google.com/#q=mike+pence+radio+show

There's nothing you said that I disagree with. Pence is certainly as bad as you say. But I strongly feel that you solve one problem at a time. If Trump goes down in disgrace, Pence won't have a strong chance at reelection. First let's get rid of the pathetic mess that is Trump, then we can work on the theocratic wannabe Savonarola: Pence the Puritan Pudendum.

Unless we have fair open and honest elections Pence could win. If Pence is loyal enough to Russia, then they may put him in office in 2020.I didn't think Trump had any chance at election, yet there he is, sitting in the White house, pretending he was elected by the people.

Unless we have fair open and honest elections Pence could win. If Pence is loyal enough to Russia, then they may put him in office in 2020.I didn't think Trump had any chance at election, yet there he is, sitting in the White house, pretending he was elected by the people.

Between Russian meddling in US elections, The Electoral College, easily manipulated voting machines and Dark Money Contributions, our presidential elections no long represent the will of the people.

In both houses of Congress, Dark Money Contributions and easily manipulated voting machines have also compromised the will of the people. The House of Representatives especially, would be of entirely different composition, if it weren't for Gerrymandering.

Angus King is awesome. He was Maine's governor for 8 years (long before the northern part of the state elected the sociopath Paul LePage). Talk about "raging wingnut." :wacko: I've heard rumors that Susan Collins may run for governor. That would be fine with me....especially if we can elect a lefty in her place. She'd do a solid job as governor.

It's almost as if there was a different school folks like McCain and Pence went to that makes them believe in such nonsense. That said, they are so much different than the Republicans of yesteryear and so hell bent regarding building the military war machine and letting fossil fuel corps do whatever it is they like with our shared environment. It seems as though they are saying, to hell with science, And to hell with ingenuity, both individualized and collectively.

The stuff we're not talking about, and it's a lot, needs to be said.

Anyway, I like Comey - he's the same age as me - And even though he is a Republican, at least he's honest!

Peace!

Why do you think McCain is one of the good ones? Didn't McCain try to limit the ability of Americans to campaign for their point of view before elections? That to me isn't a good American.