Jump to content
WillFranklin

So Who Are We Going To Support In 2020?

Recommended Posts

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, Squatchman said:

  It's very simple.

  You vote for whichever democrat that makes it through the primaries.

  That is unless you want trump again.

  Don't boo hoo and stay home election day if it isn't your favorite.

  

Unfortunately too many stayed home and thus we got Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arris said:

Unfortunately too many stayed home and thus we got Trump

 

This thread was inspired by our need to connect and conquer Trump this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, laton said:

Warren

 

all they have against warren is that native american thing and that is ridiculous. plus trump lied about his own ancestry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“She has a populist streak to match Trump that I think would make her tougher to beat than a lot of people realize,” said one prominent GOP consultant. “I think her ideology fits the moment, and that scares me as a Republican.”

 

“With a movement candidate like Warren, you’re running against something that is completely unpredictable,” said one former campaign aide. “The electorate she could bring out would be unlike anything we’ve seen before or could prepare for. It would be a dramatically different race.”

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462905-trump-insiders-see-reasons-to-worry-about-warren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new national survey shows Elizabeth Warren now sitting atop the 2020 Democratic field, further cementing her ascendancy in the party’s presidential primary after a pair of polls showed her leading in the first two primary states.

 

 

 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/warren-beats-biden-national-poll-1510726

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping she goes all in and picks Yang as her VP, and once President, Kamala Harris as AG so she can prosecute the pig and everyone else in his evil world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fourputt said:

I'm hoping she goes all in and picks Yang as her VP, and once President, Kamala Harris as AG so she can prosecute the pig and everyone else in his evil world.

 

I like that combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

A new national survey shows Elizabeth Warren now sitting atop the 2020 Democratic field, further cementing her ascendancy in the party’s presidential primary after a pair of polls showed her leading in the first two primary states.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/warren-beats-biden-national-poll-1510726

 

Great news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bludog said:

 

Great news. 

 

I have donated.

 

I am on the donor wall.

 

Good to hear from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I have donated.

 

Ditto.  And I'm making another contribution today.  I hope this milestone marks a big increase for Warren's war chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bludog said:

 

Ditto.  And I'm making another contribution today.  I hope this milestone marks a big increase for Warren's war chest.

 

I may need to save some money to bail us out here for October if nobody steps up. Then I can get back to donating to Warren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren certainly appears to have momentum. She has energy, intelligence and far more charisma than I previously thought. 

 

I still can't support her.  Medicare for All is a losing platform in 2020 IMHO. Voters may be alienated if they are told that their current health insurance will be made illegal. A more evolutionary approach is appropriate.  Offer a public option but don't outlaw private insurance - at least not yet. If done correctly, people will become more favorably inclined toward a single payer system. 

 

Warren's Medicare for All plan still lacks in specifics. My hope is that it will be moderate in the details.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Warren certainly appears to have momentum. She has energy, intelligence and far more charisma than I previously thought. 

 

I still can't support her.  Medicare for All is a losing platform in 2020 IMHO. Voters may be alienated if they are told that their current health insurance will be made illegal. A more evolutionary approach is appropriate.  Offer a public option but don't outlaw private insurance - at least not yet. If done correctly, people will become more favorably inclined toward a single payer system. 

 

Warren's Medicare for All plan still lacks in specifics. My hope is that it will be moderate in the details.

 

 

Out of all of 2020 candidates Bernie is the only one that has mentioned that on the National Debate Stage by saying the government will completely run the healthcare.

Which I disagree with I think that if you like your private insurance you deserve to have the chance to keep it.

 

Plus if she decides to go moderate it will be a more increased version of obamacare which we need some progress than that IMO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zkyllonen8 said:

 

Out of all of 2020 candidates Bernie is the only one that has mentioned that on the National Debate Stage by saying the government will completely run the healthcare.

Which I disagree with I think that if you like your private insurance you deserve to have the chance to keep it.

 

Plus if she decides to go moderate it will be a more increased version of obamacare which we need some progress than that IMO

 


My concern is that Warren raised her hand in the second (?)  debate when asked if she would ban private insurance. It may indeed be the best long term solution but voters aren’t quite ready for it. IMO the public option As an alternative is the right place to be right now.
 

To be fair to Sen. Warren, she has yet to flesh out her health insurance plan to the extent that she fleshed out her other plans.  I am therefore a little fuzzy about exactly where she stands and willing to take a wait and see approach with her.  
 

Any one of these candidates is better than Trump. I’m on the fence between Biden and Warren as my top pick.
- Biden is the candidate that would bury Trump. My concern is his age and the perception of him as a man past his prime. 
- Warren is the candidate with the brains. My concern is the lack of specifics in her health care plan. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Olivaw said:


My concern is that Warren raised her hand in the second (?)  debate when asked if she would ban private insurance. It may indeed be the best long term solution but voters aren’t quite ready for it. IMO the public option As an alternative is the right place to be right now.
 

To be fair to Sen. Warren, she has yet to flesh out her health insurance plan to the extent that she fleshed out her other plans.  I am therefore a little fuzzy about exactly where she stands and willing to take a wait and see approach with her.  
 

Any one of these candidates is better than Trump. I’m on the fence between Biden and Warren as my top pick.
- Biden is the candidate that would bury Trump. My concern is his age and the perception of him as a man past his prime. 
- Warren is the candidate with the brains. My concern is the lack of specifics in her health care plan. 
 

 

 

This is a direct quote from Elizabeth Warren's Website so make your conclusion upon reading this.

 

Elizabeth supports Medicare for All, which would provide all Americans with a public health care program. Medicare for All is the best way to give every single person in this country a guarantee of high-quality health care. Everybody is covered. Nobody goes broke because of a medical bill. No more fighting with insurance companies. 

The basic business model of an insurance company is to take in as much money as you can in premiums and paying out as little as possible in health care coverage.

That leaves families with rising premiums, high deductibles, and fighting with insurance companies to try to get the health care that their doctors say they and their children need.

Insurers protecting their bottom lines restrict your networks of providers and stand in the way when you want to see your doctor or need to see a specialist without going broke. 

Medicare for All solves these problems. Everyone can see the doctor they need. Nobody goes broke. And your doctor gets paid by Medicare instead of fighting with an insurance company.  

Every American should be able to get the care they need when they need it. This is a goal worth fighting for, and Elizabeth is in this fight all the way. That's why Elizabeth will fight for Medicare for All.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

This is a direct quote from Elizabeth Warren's Website so make your conclusion upon reading this.

 

Elizabeth supports Medicare for All, which would provide all Americans with a public health care program. Medicare for All is the best way to give every single person in this country a guarantee of high-quality health care. Everybody is covered. Nobody goes broke because of a medical bill. No more fighting with insurance companies. 

The basic business model of an insurance company is to take in as much money as you can in premiums and paying out as little as possible in health care coverage.

That leaves families with rising premiums, high deductibles, and fighting with insurance companies to try to get the health care that their doctors say they and their children need.

Insurers protecting their bottom lines restrict your networks of providers and stand in the way when you want to see your doctor or need to see a specialist without going broke. 

Medicare for All solves these problems. Everyone can see the doctor they need. Nobody goes broke. And your doctor gets paid by Medicare instead of fighting with an insurance company.  

Every American should be able to get the care they need when they need it. This is a goal worth fighting for, and Elizabeth is in this fight all the way. That's why Elizabeth will fight for Medicare for All.


This remains vague to me, or perhaps I am just giving her the benefit of the doubt.
 

Medicare For All is fine if it is available as an option.

 

If Warren sticks with her prior pledge to ban private health insurance then it is my opinion that she would probably lose in the general election.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

If Warren sticks with her prior pledge to ban private health insurance then it is my opinion that she would probably lose in the general election.

 

I doubt she will.  It's traditional for candidates from both parties to cater to the base during the primaries and pivot toward the center in the general election.  Even if Warren's inclination is to stick with principle, she will be strongly advised otherwise.  But she's shown good politically savvy, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bludog said:

 

I doubt she will.  It's traditional for candidates from both parties cater to the base during the primaries and pivot toward the center in the general election.  Even if Warren's inclination is to stick with principle, she will be strongly advised otherwise.  But she's shown goo politically savvy, so far.


That is my sincerest hope Bludog. You’re absolutely right about candidates pivoting to the center in the general. We see it on both sides. 


Warren has run an almost flawless campaign so far. It is certainly easy to understand why so many have been inspired by her.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Olivaw said:


That is my sincerest hope Bludog. You’re absolutely right about candidates pivoting to the center in the general. We see it on both sides. 


Warren has run an almost flawless campaign so far. It is certainly easy to understand why so many have been inspired by her.
 

 

I am for Warren too.

 

Here is what she needs...

 

Warren needs details on health care.

 

And she should stand up for marijuana!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 7:29 PM, WillFranklin said:

 

I am for Warren too.

 

Here is what she needs...

 

Warren needs details on health care.

 

And she should stand up for marijuana!

Yes I agree that if she did those two things she would have a huge boost in the polls which is good because Joe is falling apart in front of our eyes, we do not need a another presidential candidate shrouded in scandal just like HRC in the last election.

 

On 9/29/2019 at 6:46 PM, bludog said:

 

I doubt she will.  It's traditional for candidates from both parties to cater to the base during the primaries and pivot toward the center in the general election.  Even if Warren's inclination is to stick with principle, she will be strongly advised otherwise.  But she's shown good politically savvy, so far.

 

Yeah she will I hope and pray that she does not pull an Obama and just throw all of her ideas out of the window just for compromise. We need real change not little nudges of change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...