WillFranklin

So Who Are We Going To Support In 2020?

"YES! Economic equality is very important. In fact, I place more importance on that than social issues."

I consider single - payer healthcare a very important component of both economic and social justice.

At the risk of getting booted off this forum, the coast-to-coast ticket I'd like to see:

Adam Schiff - President

Sen. Jack Reed - VP

The DEMs need to win. The party should be ashamed that it lost to Trump in 2016 - every day it becomes more shameful.

Adam Schiff has a rare quality for a House member....intelligence. He is very smart, and articulate. That does not always translate to the campaign trail. He still does not have a position on single-payer either nationally, or even California's current proposal.

Sen. Jack Reed at a recent townhall : “I’m old enough to have voted for a single-payer system in the House,”

Both have good possibilities for higher office.

IMO I think we need to support either Bernie or Elizabeth Warren both are very viable and the most popular politicians in the country so I see no other options except for these too, they are both national known and even better they do not corporate money. Which Is a trend that needs to be picked up by all politicians in the Democratic party.

If that happens it's over.

If that happens it's over.

If that happens, the lobbyist gravy train is over in Washington. Both Sanders and Warren would work to get big money OUT of politics and return our government to one where "we, the people" call the shots.

Not sure if either of those two will throw their hat in the ring, but if they do, I'm on board!

It will be interesting to see who runs. I think Trump is vulnerable. And I hope there are a lot of Democrats running.

I sure do hope they make themselves visible soon if they want to light a fire under the American people. I like Biden, Warren and Bernie..but yea they are getting up there. But if the above started pushing someone I would jump on that in a New York second. It needs to start soon tho I have a feeling the GOP will tag Rubio for their next POTUS even if Trump last 4 years.

Now if this happens and Trump tries to give it a go a second go he will loose because of a split vote. Something tells me tho Trump will not even make 4 years..I think he hates this job :P

Sherrod Brown is a Senator from Ohio. He is up for reelection in 2018. Chuck! lives in Ohio and claims he is going to lose. But I hope he wins and then beats Trump for the Presidency. He was on Hillary's short list of VP choices before she went with Kaine. That may have cost her the election.

We need someone exciting to trounce Trump!

Exactly. That's one of the areas where, IMO, Hillary fell short. Obama came out of nowhere in 2008. Politics can be surprising.

If that happens, the lobbyist gravy train is over in Washington. Both Sanders and Warren would work to get big money OUT of politics and return our government to one where "we, the people" call the shots.

Not sure if either of those two will throw their hat in the ring, but if they do, I'm on board!

I think if Bernie were younger he might have a shot but Warren has no chance.

Guys it's time to fight fire with fire. Laugh at me but I think Dwayne Johnson and​ Tom Hanks might have to become a reality. No more fuckin around here. We need Hollywood and Brown skin, if Hillary didn't prove that to you I don't know what the fuck will

I also like Al Frankin but I am not sure he could pull it off. I agree Warren has no shot, for that matter neither does Bernie anymore. Both are wonderful IMHO but their time has pasted. HOWEVER them fully backing whomeva might just tip the scale,.

Again, Unless we have open fair and honest elections Democrats who will support the people and not just the moneyed class cannot win. When Russia/Republicans/rich own the ballot boxes and they can be counted any way they want, democracy has no chance

Fix the boxes first, then talk about who you want for president.

I think if Bernie were younger he might have a shot but Warren has no chance.

I agree about Bernie (even though he's a very young 75), but I think Elizabeth Warren would make an outstanding VP candidate. Perhaps with Joe Biden (or someone else) as the presidential candidate? I could support that combo in 2020.

I also like Al Frankin but I am not sure he could pull it off. I agree Warren has no shot, for that matter neither does Bernie anymore. Both are wonderful IMHO but their time has pasted. HOWEVER them fully backing whomeva might just tip the scale,.

I agree: Bernie and Warren are wonderful. But their time has passed. If the DNC wants to go with candidates well into their "Golden Years" again, I will support them but I would be disappointed. Statistically, someone 75, is enjoying excellent health on borrowed time. He/she is far more likely to experience some kind of serious setback which would hinder their ability to campaign or govern.

Sanders will be 78 for the 2020 elections and Warren will be 71. I would prefer a progressive candidate below 60. The history of the last 100 years show that when the Democratic Party runs youthful presidential candidates they win and they have lost with older ones.

Al Franken, Bernie, Warren, Biden are you kidding me?? This is why we Liberals are currently being sodomized. We are in desperate times here folks, and there's nothing I've seen yet that gives me any hope for 18. We might even lose more seats, who knows?

We need something Bright Shiney and​ New. If we run any of the names I'm hearing here you can bet Trump has a good chance at a second term. You can keep praying for impeachment which might make us feel good but in reality does very little to help us.

Al Franken, Bernie, Warren, Biden are you kidding me?? This is why we Liberals are currently being sodomized. We are in desperate times here folks, and there's nothing I've seen yet that gives me any hope for 18. We might even lose more seats, who knows?

We need something Bright Shiney and​ New. If we run any of the names I'm hearing here you can bet Trump has a good chance at a second term. You can keep praying for impeachment which might make us feel good but in reality does very little to help us.

Bernie, if not for his age, would make an outstanding candidate. Franken, Warren, and Biden are all solid public servants who I could also support. New faces would also be nice, though.

I truly believe that liberals are losing in the Democratic party because they won't stop putting corporate tools in as candidates. Speaking for myself, I will not support any candidate who takes massive sums of money from big insurance, big pharma, or gives $700,000 speeches to Goldman Sachs. I will vote for the candidate who will fight for the working class and their issues.

We need a government who will battle wage inequality, fight for single payer healthcare, as well as free/low-cost higher education. BOTH Democrats and Republicans have been throwing the working class under the bus lately. I won't vote to continue that trend, regardless of who the opponent is.

Many voters, at best, have a dim understanding of the issues. To win their approval, a candidate must have some glamour. Youthfulness and sex appeal don't hurt either. Any such Democratic candidate must also be soundly grounded in helping ALL the American People.

Bernie, if not for his age, would make an outstanding candidate. Franken, Warren, and Biden are all solid public servants who I could also support. New faces would also be nice, though.

I truly believe that liberals are losing in the Democratic party because they won't stop putting corporate tools in as candidates. Speaking for myself, I will not support any candidate who takes massive sums of money from big insurance, big pharma, or gives $700,000 speeches to Goldman Sachs. I will vote for the candidate who will fight for the working class and their issues.

We need a government who will battle wage inequality, fight for single payer healthcare, as well as free/low-cost higher education. BOTH Democrats and Republicans have been throwing the working class under the bus lately. I won't vote to continue that trend, regardless of who the opponent is.

I couldn't agree more. Democrats are increasingly in the losing column because they increasingly represent the Plutocracy and not ordinary people. Support of social equality is important but woefully incomplete without support of economic equality. We need to get corruption under control in the Democratic Party.

"Bernie, if not for his age, would make an outstanding candidate. "

Well, so far, nobody else is giving speeches like this...:

No doubt about it ... Bernie is absolutely the most effective spokesman for the Left, probably in our lifetimes. He would be a WONDERFUL president.

Bernie has proven popular appeal across all age groups. He's a great debater with an outstanding command of the facts in most any area. My heart says Bernie.

Actuarial tables say people of Bernie's age are at high risk for many illnesses, including mental decline. He would be 86 after an 8 year presidency. On the other hand, who else has Bernie's bonafides and sincerity of intention? Who else can express ideas like Bernie. No one else.

No doubt about it ... Bernie is absolutely the most effective spokesman for the Left, probably in our lifetimes. He would be a WONDERFUL president.

Bernie has proven popular appeal across all age groups. He's a great debater with an outstanding command of the facts in most any area. My heart says Bernie.

Actuarial tables say people of Bernie's age are at high risk for many illnesses, including mental decline. He would be 86 after an 8 year presidency. On the other hand, who else has Bernie's bonafides and sincerity of intention? Who else can express ideas like Bernie. No one else.

I'm hearing rumors up my way that Bernie is likely going to do one more term in the Senate and then retire. :( It will be sad to see him go, but he deserves to enjoy his 80's in peaceful retirement.