Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExPDXer

Terrorism in Portland

Yeah, and hate-filled people are drawn to movements that feed their hatred, anger, and sanctimonious rage.

You are finally beginning to understand my point.

Demagoguery is dangerous. And Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are both guilty of flaming political anger in pursuit of their own power.

Bernie is not peace, love, and sunshine. He's one angry mother.

Bill

Quite honestly, the only one who sounds like an "angry mother" here is you. Your posts are filled with so much anger, bitterness, and vitriol that I am seriously concerned about your mental health. I think that you are so blinded by your anger that you cannot see how unhinged you are beginning to appear when it comes to *anything* about Bernie Sanders, even when the topic isn't *about* Bernie Sanders.

You aren't attacking Bernie supporters here physically, but you are attacking us verbally and obsessively. Bill, seriously I think you need to talk to a professional about this. You are starting to get into the scary range.

Quite honestly, the only one who sounds like an "angry mother" here is you. Your posts are filled with so much anger, bitterness, and vitriol that I am seriously concerned about your mental health. I think that you are so blinded by your anger that you cannot see how unhinged you are beginning to appear when it comes to *anything* about Bernie Sanders, even when the topic isn't *about* Bernie Sanders.

You aren't attacking Bernie supporters here physically, but you are attacking us verbally and obsessively. Bill, seriously I think you need to talk to a professional about this. You are starting to get into the scary range.

I'm a happy guy, other than seeing the wreckage to our country brought on by leftists enabling the Trump presidency.

Busters brought the war on the Democratic Party (specifically) and liberalism (generally), so if you think you won't have push-back, think again.

Liberals will fight against extremism on both ends.

You make a very (very) bad mistake. Ask Noam Chomsky.

Bill

You said something false at the top of the thread (the first response to the OP).

I simply presented the truth to counter that falsehood. You seem to wish to spread falsehoods without objections, which is not an unusual position for those on the far-left, but that day hasn't come.

Bill

You don't post "truths" about Bernie. You only post angry, distorted opinions. You're obsessed.

It's getting old.

Please stop.

You don't post "truths" about Bernie. You only post angry, distorted opinion. You're obsessed.

It's getting old.

Please stop.

Incorrect.

You should stop violating board rules and stop attempting to crush dissenting opinions.

Every similarity between Sanders and Trump that I posted up thread is entirely accurate.

It is also accurate that the Portland killer was a supporter of Bernie Sanders.

Populism is a pox on humanity.

Bill

Incorrect.

You should stop violating board rules and stop attempting to crush dissenting opinions.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..........................

Bill

Blah, blah, fucking blah.

If I'm "violating the board rules" I'm sure a moderator will ask me to stop. When that happens, I will apologize and stop. Capiche?

Blah, blah, fucking blah.

If I'm "violating the board rules" I'm sure a moderator will ask me to stop. When that happens, I will apologize and stop. Capiche?

Nah, moderating here is a one-way street.

Seem to want and place where the only opinions expressed follow the party-line.

Instead of substantiative responses, you say "blah, blah, blah" every time your argument fails on the facts, on reason, and on the truth.

The truth is the killer was a Bernie supporter.

Bernie ran as an angry populist. The danger of that sort of movement leading to violence was (and is) clear.

It is a pandora's box.

Bill

Repetitive nonsense

Bill

Incorrect. Bernie ran as the ONLY candidate who was going to represent the everyday citizen. The $27 donation guy. The only "danger" is that ordinary people are going to have a say in our government.....NOT the big corporations or the wealthy elite.

I understand you don't like him. We've all heard it a zillion times. There's no need to repeat yourself.

Incorrect. Bernie ran as the ONLY candidate who was going to represent the everyday citizen. The $27 donation guy. The only "danger" is that ordinary people are going to have a say in our government.....NOT the big corporations or the wealthy elite.

I understand you don't like him. We've all heard it a zillion times. There's no need to repeat yourself.

Populists always claim to be "a man of the people."

Nothing new in this tactic of demogogues.

Nor in the demonization of "elites."

They (and their supporters) always claim they are "the only ones" who can save society, before they enchain everyone while enriching themselves.

It is Populism 101, and it never works out well.

Never. Ever.

All true. Every. Single. Word.

Bernie Sanders' gameplay is pure populism on every front.

This sort of thing never turns out well.

Bill

No Bill, I didn't make any mistake. I made a choice that you do not agree with. That doesn't make it a mistake. My vote had no effect on the election outcome, and this is something that I knew going in to vote. Had I been living in a swing state, my choice may have been far different. But since I don't live in a swing state, I had the luxury of voting my conscience, knowing that Illinois would not go to Trump no matter what I did.

So don't bother pulling out the line that I helped elect Trump. That is a lie, bullshit, and fake news. Most of all, it isn't how the Electoral College works.

Yeah, people are angry. That is because many more people are struggling than those who are not, and the gap between the haves and the have nots is growing exponentially, and neither of the two major parties is working for our benefit. Both play on the social values of their bases, supporting the causes their bases hold dear, playing us while they serve themselves and their corporate masters. For years they have inflamed our differences into distrust, even hatred. That is part of the anger right there. Others are waking up and are angry at the government as a whole for betraying their sworn duties.

You want to be part of the solution? Instead of rehashing the 2016 election, look ahead.

If you can't do that, how about putting yourself in others' shoes. Don't assume that their reasons for not voting for Hillary aren't valid. Opinions enyou don't share are not automatically invalid.

But this is the point. You are treating Bernie supporters like homophobes treat gay people. Like radical fundamentalists treat people of other religions. Like misogynists treat women. The only difference thus far is that you haven't perpetrated or encouraged physical violence. But honestly, dude, you're sounding scary. I would not want to ever meet you face to face.

That is how angry you sound.

Getting back to the OP, it isn't anger, alone, that is problematic. Anger is a valid emotion and can be put to excellent use. But blind, unreasoning anger is dangerous. Blind, unreasoning anger combined with violence and/or mental illness is often deadly.

No Bill, I didn't make any mistake. I made a choice that you do not agree with. That doesn't make it a mistake. My vote had no effect on the election outcome, and this is something that I knew going in to vote. Had I been living in a swing state, my choice may have been far different. But since I don't live in a swing state, I had the luxury of voting my conscience, knowing that Illinois would not go to Trump no matter what I did.

So don't bother pulling out the line that I helped elect Trump. That is a lie, bullshit, and fake news. Most of all, it isn't how the Electoral College works.

Yeah, people are angry. That is because many more people are struggling than those who are not, and the gap between the haves and the have nots is growing exponentially, and neither of the two major parties is working for our benefit. Both play on the social values of their bases, supporting the causes their bases hold dear, playing us while they serve themselves and their corporate masters. For years they have inflamed our differences into distrust, even hatred. That is part of the anger right there. Others are waking up and are angry at the government as a whole for betraying their sworn duties.

You want to be part of the solution? Instead of rehashing the 2016 election, look ahead.

If you can't do that, how about putting yourself in others' shoes. Don't assume that their reasons for not voting for Hillary aren't valid. Opinions enyou don't share are not automatically invalid.

But this is the point. You are treating Bernie supporters like homophobes treat gay people. Like radical fundamentalists treat people of other religions. Like misogynists treat women. The only difference thus far is that you haven't perpetrated or encouraged physical violence. But honestly, dude, you're sounding scary. I would not want to ever meet you face to face.

That is how angry you sound.

Getting back to the OP, it isn't anger, alone, that is problematic. Anger is a valid emotion and can be put to excellent use. But blind, unreasoning anger is dangerous. Blind, unreasoning anger combined with violence and/or mental illness is often deadly.

Noam Chomsky says you made a mistake. I think he is spot on.

The vote matters. Saying you live in a blue state is a weak excuse for sitting out the vote from my perspective.

I am looking to the future. It includes forming a reliable coalition that will win, and to understand the unreliability (to a treasonous degree) of that portion of the left that would rather see guys like Trump win following the "Hitler First" strategy of people like Susan Sarandon.

What needs to be countered is push by the same forces for a left-wing populism (Green-Tea Partyism) as the "future" of the Democratic party.

I see the way misogynists treat women. You lined up with the Bernie bros, a movement so mired in sexism against Hillary Clinton that it's not even funny.

I think (know) that populism (of both variants) is a danger to civilized society.

When people behave (misbehave) the way Bernie Sanders supporters have, I'm not going to lie and say "it's all good." It isn't all good.

All the violence has come from his campaign, and the tone starts at the top.

I happen to be a very nice guy. Just not one into dictatorships or populists thundering about starting a revolution.

Blind unreasoning anger and rage is dangerous. I'm glad you understand that point. Now connect the dots.

Bill

I *am* a woman, and I was treated with nothing but respect by the Sanders campaign and movement. However, Clinton's own spokeswoman indicated that women who did not vote for Hillary have a special place in Hell. Also, between Sanders and Clinton, only one of them belittled, demeaned, discredited, and verbally abused victims of sexual harassment. Only one of them enabled a sexual predator. So please, don't mansplain misogyny to me. I understand it more than you can dream of.

By the way, Noam Chomsky never said anything about me, and I really don't give a flying rat-bleep about what he says about the election anyway. It. Is. Over.

I see the way misogynists treat women. You lined up with the Bernie bros, a movement so mired in sexism against Hillary Clinton that it's not even funny.

That is patently ridiculous. :lol: Bernie supporters were against Hillary because she's a corporatist, a warmonger, and a liar. Her gender is completely and utterly irrelevant.

The lady I've been dating for the last year is a diehard feminist. She dislikes Hillary as much as I do (and for the same reasons I do). She wrote Bernie's name in the write-in section of her ballot last November.

I'd be happy to see a female in the White House.....just not THAT female.

Stop with the lies.

I *am* a woman, and I was treated with nothing but respect by the Sanders campaign and movement. However, Clinton's own spokeswoman indicated that women who did not vote for Hillary have a special place in Hell. Also, between Sanders and Clinton, only one of them belittled, demeaned, discredited, and verbally abused victims of sexual harassment. Only one of them enabled a sexual predator. So please, don't mansplain misogyny to me. I understand it more than you can dream of.

By the way, Noam Chomsky never said anything about me, and I really don't give a flying rat-bleep about what he says about the election anyway. It. Is. Over.

We are still living with the bloody aftermath of leftist perfidy and will for a long time.

The Court is in the balance, goodbye Climate Accords, good by health coverage?

Hello, venal pussy-grabber.

That's on the non-voters of the Bernie movement if you ask me.

Big mistake.

Not the people to lead the US into the future.

Bill

That is patently ridiculous. :lol: Bernie supporters were against Hillary because she's a corporatist, a warmonger, and a liar. Her gender is completely and utterly irrelevant.

The lady I've been dating for the last year is a diehard feminist. She dislikes Hillary as much as I do (and for the same reasons I do). She wrote Bernie's name in the write-in section of her ballot last November.

I'd be happy to see a female in the White House.....just not THAT female.

Stop with the lies.

There you go again with the false narratives slandering a good liberal who would have been a fantastic president.

What a blown opportunity for progress in this country. Sad.

Bill

We are still living with the bloody aftermath of leftist perfidy and will for a long time.

The Court is in the balance, goodbye Climate Accords, good by health coverage?

Hello, venal pussy-grabber.

Big mistake.

Not the people to lead the US into the future.

Bill

There you go again with the false narratives slandering a good liberal who would have been a fantastic president.

What a blown opportunity for progress in this country. Sad.

Bill

Hillary is a centrist who loves war and Goldman Sachs. Just is.

Please stop lying.

We only had a lying corporatist and a crazy man to choose from. What do you expect?

Hillary is a centrist who loves war and Goldman Sachs. Just is.

Please stop lying.

A centrist compared with extremists on the fringes who are so close on the circular map of ideology that they are sometimes indistinguishable.

Thank goodness for a person of sanity and reason. She'd have made a great president and advanced human progress.

Bill

PS, if it wasn't tragic (and it is) it would be pretty funny that you accuse HRC of being a war-monger and say "stop lying" in the same post.

Good grief.

A centrist compared with extremists on the fringes who are so close on the circular map of ideology that they are sometimes indistinguishable.

Thank goodness for a person of sanity and reason. She'd have made a great president and advanced human progress.

Bill

Nah, she would have been mired in scandal and making sure Goldman Sachs and other companies were rolling in the dough.

She's completely out of touch with the working class (and, imo, doesn't much care).

Nah, she would have been mired in scandal and making sure Goldman Sachs and other companies were rolling in the dough.

She's completely out of touch with the working class (and, imo, doesn't much care).

No way.

Hillary Clinton actually knows what it is like to work, unlike the "working class hero" who found toiling adverse to his sensibilities.

She had actual plans, and the intelligence and expertise to deliver on them instead of serving up platitudes and false promises.

All Bernie had is a demonization of the rich. End of story. Demagogue.

Bill

No way.

Hillary Clinton actually knows what it is like to work, unlike the "working class hero" who found toiling adverse to his sensibilities.

She had actual plans, and the intelligence and expertise to deliver on them instead of serving up platitudes and false promises.

All Bernie had is a demonization of the rich. End of story. Demagogue.

Bill

No, she grew up Ivy League. She's out of touch with anyone who makes less than $100k.

Bernie only demonizes the rich who make their money hamstringing the poor. You seem to deny those types even exist....which is more than a bit telling.

Are you EVER going to shut up about Bernie? Your lies and incessant whining are getting tiresome.

No, she grew up Ivy League. She's out of touch with anyone who makes less than $100k.

Bernie only demonizes the rich who make their money hamstringing the poor. You seem to deny those types even exist....which is more than a bit telling.

Are you EVER going to shut up about Bernie? Your lies and incessant whining are getting tiresome, CaptainAmerica.

No, she didn't grow up in "the Ivy League." Her dad was a small businessman (not rich) and she worked her ass off to get into a good university and then worked her ass off in school to be the valedictorian.

Her success was entirely merit based. And she serves as a great example for young people.

Bernie went to an elite university. Did not work hard in school and did not work hard afterward. Instead of working for the poor at 23 (like HRC), Bernie Sanders went off to a Stalinist training camp/indoctrination center (literally).

Why are you telling such lies? You sound like Breitbart.

Bill

Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah, Bernie, blah, blah,

Bill

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

It is what you do every time your lies are shown up for what they are.

HRC is a role model for young people. She worked hard for personal achievement and she worked hard to better the lives of others.

In contrast, Bernie sponged and slacked off.

The contrast could not be more clear.

Bill

Blah, blah, blah.

This is what you do when your reason fails.

Bill

No holds barred chat

• Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• grgle

• Where’s at @slideman?

• Hola

• I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• Where does it say 2?

• So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• Mine too. 

• I thought it was my location.. 

• Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• OK thanks

• Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

• By teacher

All lives matter.

• By teacher

Double post deleted.

• By teacher

Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

This one is made for me. 

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom