Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExPDXer

Terrorism in Portland

"Please point me to the speeches he gave where he urges the wealthy to thrive"

Ha!

That's the problem in the country today, the poor suffering billionaires are just not "thriving' enough.

Urging the wealthy to thrive is Hillary's, Trump's, and Goldman Sachs message, not Sen. Sanders.

I could point to several speeches to Goldman Sachs, where that message was clearly given.

Please point me to the speeches he gave where he urges the wealthy to thrive.

Bill

He doesn't need to. They're already thriving, have been since the 80's.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, middle class wages have been stagnant for decades. Does that concern you at all? I hope it does.

"Please point me to the speeches he gave where he urges the wealthy to thrive"

Ha!

That's the problem in the country today, the poor suffering billionaires are just not "thriving' enough.

Urging the wealthy to thrive is Hillary's, Trump's, and Goldman Sachs message, not Sen. Sanders.

This is one of your guy's claims, not mine.

I think you are right on this one. Plutocrats are vermin (who should work had so they can pay for everything) in the view of Comrade Sanders.

Who pays for everything when the wealthy go off to re-education camps (or worse)?

With enough free dope maybe no one will care?

Bill

He doesn't need to. They're already thriving, have been since the 80's.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, middle class wages have been stagnant for decades. Does that concern you at all? I hope it does.

So you were not really being honest, eh?

Bill

So you were not really being honest, eh?

Bill

I'm always honest, chuckles. :D

How long are you going to continue with this foolishness anyway? You're sounding more and more like Golfboy with every post.

I'm always honest, chuckles. :D

How long are you going to continue with this foolishness anyway? You're sounding more and more like Golfboy with every post.

More personal attacks and disrespectful posting in violation of violation of board rules.

Every demogogue picks his scapegoats, be they Jews, Muslims, Mexicans, or the rich.

It never ends well. And it always attracts violent nuts like the Portland killer. It is inevitable.

Bill

More personal attacks and disrespectful posting in violation of violation of board rules.

Every demogogue picks his scapegoats, be they Jews, Muslims, Mexicans, or the rich.

It never ends well. And it always attracts violent nuts like the Portland killer. It is inevitable.

Bill

You seem to be working very hard to try and goad me into coming all unraveled and telling you off. I'll let you know in advance that's not going to happen. :) I do hope you get over this soon.

You seem to be working very hard to try and goad me into coming all unraveled and telling you off. I'll let you know in advance that's not going to happen. :) I do hope you get over this soon.

I will resist populist/nativism of both left-wing and right-wing variations until my dying breath. Count on that.

Both are anti-liberal ideologies movements whose are responsible for countless political mass murders.

No demogogue is getting a free pass from me. Ever.

Bill

I will resist blah, blah, blah, blah..........

So who do you think will run in 2020? I haven't heard any rumblings yet about anyone.

It's probably too early, but it will be interesting to see.

I will resist populist/nativism of both left-wing and right-wing variations until my dying breath. Count on that.

Both are anti-liberal ideologies movements whose are responsible for countless political mass murders.

No demogogue is getting a free pass from me. Ever.

Yeah, ho-hum.

Since Sanders is an old man who's time had passed even before the primaries, an anti-Sanders position is as useful as an anti-Saddam Hussein position.

Want to do some good? Cultivate an anti-Trump position.

Yeah, ho-hum.

Since Sanders is an old man who's time had passed even before the primaries, an anti-Sanders position is as useful as an anti-Saddam Hussein position.

I have a very active anti-Trump position, pal, and it is a deep insult for you to suggest otherwise. Such tactics are beneath you.

I actually voted for the one candidate who had a chance to defeat Trump, remember?

Bernie Sanders remains politically active and thus a threat to liberal values while he pursues power for the demagogic populist/nativist left.

He should retire to his lake house (the one purchased with ill-gotten gains).

Your post is disappointing.

Bill

If I had to guess? I think the nominee may be Cory Booker.

Outside chance, I suppose, that Joe Biden runs. He's a perfect Trump foil, but no spring chicken.

Maybe Warren. Biden/Warren would be a strong ticket IMO.

Steve Bannon and Richard Spencer are pushing for the right-wing "Democrat" Tulsi Gabbard to run.

Bernie seems like an ego-maniac, so it wouldn't surprise me if he can't live without the roar of his crowds.

We will see.

Bill

I have a very active anti-Trump position, pal, and it is a deep insult for you to suggest otherwise. Such tactics are beneath you.

I actually voted for the one candidate who had a chance to defeat Trump, remember?

Bernie Sanders remains politically active and thus a threat to liberal values while he pursues power for the demagogic populist/nativist left.

He should retire to his lake house (the one purchased with ill-gotten gains).

Your post is disappointing.

Yeah, well I'm dissapointed to see anti-Bernie posts injected into the middle of anti-Trump threads.

I voted for Clinton too, both in the primary and in the election because she was by far the most qualified candidate. Probably the most qualified ever.

But she lost for many reasons. Partly the Russian crap, partly the email crap, and partly her inability to excite people. Even Joe Biden said recently that she was never a good candidate. But she'd have been a much better president than candidate.

Sanders and his supporters did not cause her to lose. Nor will they ever gain power.

Christian has mental issues, plain and simple.

Of course, if we had universal healthcare that included mental care, if people with mental issues weren't stigmatized from day one, *maybe* he would have gotten the care he needed before he went stabbing people.

As far as his ideology goes, his statements are all over the place. He says racist things but he rails against racists. He swears by Odin. He calls on Jesus. He rants and raves, supporting this, supporting that, hating this, hating that. I think he was a Sanders supporter only as far as he would support anyone who was against Hillary. I wouldn't call him a Sanders or a Trump supporter any more than I would call him a Christian or Asatru.

In short, he's an unstable, hate-filled asshole who glommed onto any ideology-du-jour that would support his current hate-obsession.

Making this about politics other than availability of mental health care does a disservice to those who died protecting others and spreading love instead of hate.

Yeah, ho-hum.

He will get plenty of time to do it in NHB :) .

Of course, if we had universal healthcare that included mental care, if people with mental issues weren't stigmatized from day one, *maybe* he would have gotten the care he needed before he went stabbing people.

As far as his ideology goes, his statements are all over the place. He says racist things but he rails against racists. He swears by Odin. He calls on Jesus. He rants and raves, supporting this, supporting that, hating this, hating that. I think he was a Sanders supporter only as far as he would support anyone who was against Hillary. I wouldn't call him a Sanders or a Trump supporter any more than I would call him a Christian or Asatru.

In short, he's an unstable, hate-filled asshole who glommed onto any ideology-du-jour that would support his current hate-obsession.

Making this about politics other than availability of mental health care does a disservice to those who died protecting others and spreading love instead of hate.

Great post.

He will get plenty of time to do it in NHB :) .

More threats from the enforcer of the party-line.

Stow it. It won't work.

Bill

Yeah, and hate-filled people are drawn to movements that feed their hatred, anger, and sanctimonious rage.

You are finally beginning to understand my point.

Demagoguery is dangerous. And Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are both guilty of flaming political anger in pursuit of their own power.

Bernie is not peace, love, and sunshine. He's one angry mother.

Bill

Yeah, and hate-filled people are drawn to movements that feed their hatred, anger, and sanctimonious rage.

You are finally beginning to understand my point.

Demagoguery is dangerous. And Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are both guilty of flaming political anger in pursuit of their own power.

Bernie is not peace, love, and sunshine. He's one angry mother.

Bill

You really don't need to continue lying about Bernie. He's nothing like Donald Trump (except in your obsessive, hate-filled imagination). Bernie does good work and works diligently every day to help those who are struggling. He could be enjoying his retirement at this point but that's not his way. He genuinely wants to help people.

Please let go of your anger.

You really don't need to continue lying about Bernie. He's nothing like Donald Trump except in your hate-filled imagination.

He plays the nativist, just like Trump.

When he loses he claims "the system is rigged," just like Trump.

He blames complex problems on scapegoats, just like Trump.

He has no real plans behind the grandiose claims to make things great, just like Trump.

He wants to withdraw behind a wall of economic protectionism, just like Trump.

He claims to be the hero of the working class (while not being a member of the working class), just like Trump.

And he gets big crowds whipped up into anger just like Trump.

I could go on (and on and on) with the similarities between the two. Thier nativist/populism spring from the same ugly source of anger and political irrationality. It is the quality of wanna-be dictators.

The danger signs are always there. In Bernie Sanders' case, it really shouldn't be that hard for you to miss.

Bill

He plays the nativist, just like Trump.

When he loses he claims "the system is rigged," just like Trump.

He blames complex problems on scapegoats, just like Trump.

He has no real plans behind the grandiose claims to make things great, just like Trump.

He wants to withdraw behind a wall of economic protectionism, just like Trump.

He claims to be the hero of the working class (while not being a member of the working class), just like Trump.

And he gets big crowds whipped up into anger just like Trump.

I could go on (and on and on) with the similarities between the two. Thier nativist/populism spring from the same ugly source of anger and political irrationality. It is the quality of wanna-be dictators.

The danger signs are always there. In Bernie Sanders' case, it really shouldn't be that hard for you to miss.

Bill

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

You really don't need to continue lying about Bernie. He's nothing like Donald Trump except in your hate-filled imagination.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

You are in reality-denial mode.

All the similarities are true.

Bill

You are in reality-denial mode.

All the similarities are true.

Bill

Because you say so? :lol: Sorry. Not so.

Why don't you just put "I hate Bernie" in your signature line.....then you wouldn't have to post at all? You turn every damn thread into a perma-whine about the 2016 election and how much you hate Bernie. Please stop.

Because you say so? :lol: Sorry. Not so.

Why don't you just put "I hate Bernie" in your signature line.....then you wouldn't have to post at all? You turn every damn thread into a perma-whine about the 2016 election and how much you hate Bernie. Please stop.

No man.

Someone needs to stand up to fake news and false narratives Your first post in the thread was "guaranteed Trump voter right there," when—in fact—the killer was a supporter of Bernie Sanders.

Truth just doesn't fit your narrative.

Bill

No man.

Someone needs to stand up to fake news and false narratives Your first post in the thread was "guaranteed Trump voter right there," when—in fact—the killer was a supporter of Bernie Sanders.

Truth just doesn't fit your narrative.

Bill

You've already said that. Hundreds of times. I disagree with you. What more is there to say, Bill? Do you need to type it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

Just do an "I hate Bernie" signature and save yourself the carpal tunnel. Everyone here knows your opinion.

You've already said that. Hundreds of times. I disagree with you. What more is there to say, Bill? Do you need to type it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

You said something false at the top of the thread (the first response to the OP).

I simply presented the truth to counter that falsehood. You seem to wish to spread falsehoods without objections, which is not an unusual position for those on the far-left, but that day hasn't come.

Bill