Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExPDXer

Terrorism in Portland

Two men were fatally stabbed Friday on a train car in Portland, Ore., when they tried to intervene as a fellow passenger screamed anti-Muslim insults at two women. The attack occurred about 5 p.m. in a train car on Portland’s light-rail system. The attacker began yelling — calling Muslims “criminals” — shortly after the two women boarded.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’”

When the two men tried to intervene, he pulled out a knife and slashed them. Both men died as a result of the attack.

If this were a Muslim attacking a people on a train, there would be wall - wall coverage & Republicans would be calling for retribution.

Sadly, it is just another Trump inspired, racist event that has become normal.

Maybe it's a good idea to keep these sorts of folks from taking power?

Food for thought.

Bill

Maybe it's a good idea to keep these sorts of folks from taking power?

Food for thought.

Bill

Which means we need trustworthy, likable, scandal-free candidates opposing them.

I'm looking forward to the mid-terms.

Which means we need trustworthy, likable, scandal-free candidates opposing them.

I'm looking forward to the mid-terms.

Bad reasoning, based on false-narritives, is why we have Trump. Them's the facts.

You'd rather bitch and moan than vote for solid liberals. Losing proposition.

And Bernie Sanders is hardly "scandle-free," for what it's worth.

Bill

I am sure the cons will have some excuse for the man killing the two other men. Indirectly Trump is responsible due to his incendiary statements about Muslims during the campaign. His statements excused by the majority of republicans and Americans in general, don't speak well for this country. The result is increasing hate crimes spreading across the country. I am not sure this can be turned around even if we elect " trustworthy, likable, scandal-free candidates". I believe it will take a long time for our country to heal

Bad reasoning, based on false-narritives, is why we have Trump. Them's the facts.

You'd rather bitch and moan than vote for solid liberals. Losing proposition.

And Bernie Sanders is hardly "scandle-free," for what it's worth.

Bill

I'll bitch and moan all I choose. There were no solid liberals on the ballot to vote for.

Bernie is indeed scandal free. Jane Sanders, whatever she did, is not running for office.

How 'bout those mid-terms? :huh:

Yeah, there was a solid liberal on the ballot. False narratives don't cut it when the alternative is Trump, et al.

Solid moral failure by regressives.

Bernie is complicit when his wife commits fraud and they use the money to upgrade their Lakehouse. Three homes. Must be nice. A little plutocratic.

And that's not the end of Bernie's life problems. As we know.

Time to win some House seats. Hopefully, we start with Jon Ossoff in Georgia.

Bill

Yeah, there was a solid liberal on the ballot. False narratives don't cut it when the alternative is Trump, et al.

Solid moral failure by regressives.

Bernie is complicit when his wife commits fraud and they use the money to upgrade their Lakehouse. Three homes. Must be nice. A little plutocratic.

And that's not the end of Bernie's life problems. As we know.

Time to win some House seats. Hopefully, we start with Jon Ossoff in Georgia.

Bill

Why, in your estimation, is the Democratic Party in trouble? Or do you think it is not in trouble?

Why, in your estimation, is the Democratic Party in trouble? Or do you think it is not in trouble?

Too smalll a tent (barely).

So we either build a stable coalition, or we fail. Failure is a pretty bad option given the state of the GOP, don't you think?

Bill

SpyCar,

This event was tragic. Two very heroic American citizens were murdered, while defending two other American women from a self-professed Nazi white supremacist. ...

Using this event, (or thread) to promote your obsessive Anti-Bernie rhetoric tells more more about your viewpoint than I care to know.

Your are free to express your opinion, however I would suggest clicking on the black box that says "Start New Topic".

You can start your very own thread entitled "I Hate Bernie Because....."

I applaud the heroics of the two men who gave their lives to do the right thing and to fight back against a fascist.

I can't pretend to have the same level of respect for those who didn't even bother to vote when the nation as a whole was faced with a similar threat.

Many of you stood by and watched as a tragity unfolded and showed moral cowardice in the moment.

You don't seem to get that.

Bill

I can't pretend to have the same level of respect for those who didn't even bother to vote when the nation as a whole was faced with a similar threat.

Many of you stood by and watched as a tragity unfolded and showed moral cowardice in the moment.

You don't seem to get that.

Bill

This is the willful prolonging of a vendetta that should never have been pursued in the first place. It is an entirely unnecessary attempt to demonize a large segment of the Democratic Party who voted their conscience. They were entitled to their political opinions then and still are now. This level of loathing and intolerance toward those who are for equality and against Trump, is unjustified and destructive.

Two men were fatally stabbed Friday on a train car in Portland, Ore., when they tried to intervene as a fellow passenger screamed anti-Muslim insults at two women. The attack occurred about 5 p.m. in a train car on Portland’s light-rail system. The attacker began yelling — calling Muslims “criminals” — shortly after the two women boarded.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’”

When the two men tried to intervene, he pulled out a knife and slashed them. Both men died as a result of the attack.

If this were a Muslim attacking a people on a train, there would be wall - wall coverage & Republicans would be calling for retribution.

Sadly, it is just another Trump inspired, racist event that has become normal.

Undoubtedly a Trump inspired incident. This guy was probably a Bannon fan, Fox News enthusiast, and Trump voter as well. The unsurprising silence from the right on this act of terrorism (and that's EXACTLY what it was) speaks volumes.

And they want us to believe that their "travel ban" isn't aimed at Muslims? :rolleyes: Lol.

This is the willful prolonging of a vendetta that should never have been pursued in the first place. It is an entirely unnecessary attempt to demonize a large segment of the Democratic Party who voted their conscience. They were entitled to their political opinions then and still are now. This level of loathing and intolerance toward those who are for equality and against Trump, is unjustified and destructive.

Willful prolonging???

We are living with Trump due to the electoral abandonment of the liberal candidate by the left. Those who acted in this fashion deserve to be held to account for their actions.

Totally justified and necessary if we don't want to keep repeating history.

This sub-forum was as destructive to the ends of defeating Trump as anything on the far-right, and the attacks on HRC were virtually indistinguishable from those of the alt.right.

As to Portland, it now appears the killer may have been a Bernie Bro.

Tragic all around.

Bill

Undoubtedly a Trump inspired incident. This guy was probably a Bannon fan, Fox News enthusiast, and Trump voter as well. The unsurprising silence from the right on this act of terrorism (and that's EXACTLY what it was) speaks volumes.

And they want us to believe that their "travel ban" isn't aimed at Muslims? :rolleyes: Lol.

Facebook posts (unless they are fake) show that he was all-in for Bernie Sanders and threatened to kill HRC (and Trump).

In the era of fake-news, I'll retain some skepticism until these items are verified, but....

Bill

Willful prolonging???

We are living with Trump due to the electoral abandonment of the liberal candidate by the left. Those who acted in this fashion deserve to be held to account for their actions.

Totally justified and necessary if we don't want to keep repeating history.

This sub-forum was as destructive to the ends of defeating Trump as anything on the far-right, and the attacks on HRC were virtually indistinguishable from those of the alt.right.

As to Portland, it now appears the killer may have been a Bernie Bro.

Tragic all around.

Bill

Facebook posts (unless they are fake) show that he was all-in for Bernie Sanders and threatened to kill HRC (and Trump).

In the era of fake-news, I'll retain some skepticism until these items are verified, but....

Bill

There is a whole list of reasons why Hillary lost to Trump. Some support your reasoning and some don't. It no longer matters because we can't change the results of the election. So as long as you keep prolonging this pointless vendetta, you promote needless dissension in our party at a time when unity is high in importance.

The Portland killer is a homicidal maniac. Whatever pathological rationale he used for his actions are not representative of the vast majority of any ideology. Trying to pin a "Bernie Bro" label on him, as if it had a broader meaning, is equally as pointless as the other parts of your vendetta.

There is a whole list of reasons why Hillary lost to Trump. Some support your reasoning and some don't. It no longer matters because we can't change the results of the election. So as long as you keep prolonging this pointless vendetta, you promote needless dissension in our party at a time when unity is high in importance.

It is not a "vendetta," it is a clear-headed recognition that to win Democrats need reliable coalition partners.

Blowing off the role of the left in helping elect Trump is to deny reality.

I, for one, don't want to keep reliving these sorts of disasters. Such reckonings are far from "pointless," for as long as we don't face the facts we risk extending political dominance by a very regressive GOP.

It matters.

Bill

End this vendetta. It hurts us and helps the GOP.

DA1W0R5VoAASUmT.jpg

Roflol. :rolleyes: Nazi salute and all. Yeah, that's gotta be a Bernie rally there (not). :huh:

"As to Portland, it now appears the killer may have been a Bernie Bro"

What the hell are you talking about????

A few Real facts on the terrorist:

• Christian was a “known right-wing extremist and white supremacist” who had attempted to assault protesters in the past.
  • A video of the event shows Christian, wrapped in a Revolutionary War-era American flag, casting Nazi salutes while shouting, "Die Muslims!"
  • "I am a Nazi"
  • Christian also posted openly antisemitic and neo-Nazi material. On 9 May, he claimed to have challenged Nuremberg prosecutor Ben Ferencz to a future debate, in which “I will defend the Nazis”. The same day, he posted “Hail Vinland!!! Hail Victory!!!”, combining a familiar catchphrase that was used at a post-election rally by the activist Richard Spencer.
  • Christian wrote several recent posts opposing male circumcision, writing that “I want a job in Norway cutting off the heads of people that circumcize babies”
  • The attack on Friday came just a week before another “free speech rally" in downtown Portland, planned for 4 June. The event is being organized by Patriot Prayer, the group that organized the event in April, and will feature a number of national alt-right celebrities.

His group of friends were extreme right wing, antisemitic fascists. This group is far outnumbered wherever they go by anti-fascist counter-protesters. I can tell you that vast majority of Portlanders respect free speech, but abhor any right wing hate speech. They also voted overwhelmingly for Sen. Sanders, who spoke out very forcibly against anti-muslim rhetoric.

To state that this anti semitic Nazi was Pro-Sanders is indeed false, idiotic, and mean spirited.....

Many of Sander's relatives back in German-occupied Poland were killed in the Holocaust

End this vendetta. It hurts us and helps the GOP.

The only "vendetta" was the one launched against the Democratic party when the insurgent candidate lost the primaries.

That vendetta should end as it has caused tragic consequences and DOES enable the GOP.

But that vendetta has continued unabated.

Bill

To state that this anti semitic Nazi was Pro-Sanders is indeed false, idiotic, and mean spirited.....

Many of Sander's relatives back in German-occupied Poland were killed in the Holocaust

There are a heap of social media posts coming out that (if they are real) indicate Jeremy Christian was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

These are in this guys words.

Unfortunately when politicians unleash scapegoating, demagoguery, and angry political populism it is a pandora's box, whether such things come from the far-right or the far-left.

Bill

There are a heap of social media reports of Alien Autopsy, Bigfoot, etc.

There may even be a heap of social media reports of Hillary doing unspeakable things.

Your sounding like Trump...

"There are reports..."

"People are saying...."

No excuse for spreading hateful, bigoted rumors...