Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

Your Grandfather was a better man than you!!! My Great Grandfather going back 6 generations fought in the Revolutionary War.... But again thank you for your opinion

He was in some ways. I learned a lot from him. One of them was that most everybody is full of hot air and lofty opinions. Anyone can throw out accusations but only a few can back them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

He was in some ways. I learned a lot from him. One of them was that most everybody is full of hot air and lofty opinions. Anyone can throw out accusations but only a few can back them up. 

Guess he didn't teach you to respect others opinions :lol: He failed you on that one!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Guess he didn't teach you to respect others opinions :lol: He failed you on that one!!!!

You can have your opinion.. this forum is evidence of that. I fully support you being able to voice your opinion (forums, newspapers, talking, etc.). I just do not respect your inability to put some substance behind your accusations. A man of character will back up their accusations/claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

You can have your opinion.. this forum is evidence of that. I fully support you being able to voice your opinion (forums, newspapers, talking, etc.). I just do not respect your inability to put some substance behind your accusations. A man of character will back up their accusations/claims.

Your opinion, I respect that!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

Your opinion, I respect that!!!!

Question: Do you respect those who put substance behind their opinions more or less than those who just throw out accusations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Question: Do you respect those who put substance behind their opinions more or less than those who just throw out accusations? 

I respect everyone's opinions. That is the problem with you liberals, it is your way or the highway. MY OPINION THAT IS BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

I respect everyone's opinions. That is the problem with you liberals, it is your way or the highway. MY OPINION THAT IS BS

We are not talking about the same thing, it would appear. I fully support the ability for someone to put their opinion out there even if it is asinine and/or of no value. However, I do hold the view that some people are of greater character than others. Those of greater character can back their assertions up. Can is not the same as must or demanded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

My grandfather, incredibly Conservative man who fought in WWII, would laugh in your face. He had no respect for those who threw out accusations but could not substantiate it. "Common Sense" is code for "This is my opinion and I am too lazy to back it up, therefore you should agree with me".

I'm not quite sure that last statement is totally truthful to me ! Many people throw those words around loosely , I know and in those regards I agree but REAL " common sense " is more than just opinion in a lot of cases ! I have found out a lot of things over the years just based off of age , experience , learning history and mostly , just living life ! Example ; if you stick your finger in the fire it will burn you and "common sense " tells to not do that again ! I'm not going to prove that to you but your more than welcome to try ! The past or history is the only true fact because it has already happen , that's undisputable and that becomes the only true reality ! Everything else is usually just the opinion of those expressing it trying to verify it with someone else of so-called statue opinions ! If you are verifying your opinion on something that's is based on true facts based on what we know of is fact , then your getting close to having "common sense " about the subject at hand ! Sorry for the lengthy reply !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pastandpresent66 said:

I'm not quite sure that last statement is totally truthful to me ! Many people throw those words around loosely , I know and in those regards I agree but REAL " common sense " is more than just opinion in a lot of cases ! I have found out a lot of things over the years just based off of age , experience , learning history and mostly , just living life ! Example ; if you stick your finger in the fire it will burn you and "common sense " tells to not do that again ! I'm not going to prove that to you but your more than welcome to try ! The past or history is the only true fact because it has already happen , that's undisputable and that becomes the only true reality ! Everything else is usually just the opinion of those expressing it trying to verify it with someone else of so-called statue opinions ! If you are verifying your opinion on something that's is based on true facts based on what we know of is fact , then your getting close to having "common sense " about the subject at hand ! Sorry for the lengthy reply !

Saying that someone idolizes Hitler is an accusation in my book. It may not be yours. When asked to supply some evidence, the poster said it was common sense. That is a cop out. Common sense is something like what you mentioned about the fire and not making accusations or claims that can't be proven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

Saying that someone idolizes Hitler is an accusation in my book. It may not be yours. When asked to supply some evidence, the poster said it was common sense. That is a cop out. Common sense is something like what you mentioned about the fire and not making accusations or claims that can't be proven. 

Well, I wasn't trying to get between you and Duck's discussion or the reason for it ! I just wanted to state that "common sense " is real , truthful and has real merit IF used in the right context ! You mentioned your grandfather and it reminded me of mine which had an enormous amount of common sense , as I'm sure yours did too , and mine reminded me of that many times ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastandpresent66 said:

Well, I wasn't trying to get between you and Duck's discussion or the reason for it ! I just wanted to state that "common sense " is real , truthful and has real merit IF used in the right context ! You mentioned your grandfather and it reminded me of mine which had an enormous amount of common sense , as I'm sure yours did too , and mine reminded me of that many times ! 

As always, context is key. It would infuriate people that if they wanted to talk politics, he demanded that they come to the table ready for a battle. They usually learned to steer away from that knowing that he would call them out for exaggerating or making stuff up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

As always, context is key. It would infuriate people that if they wanted to talk politics, he demanded that they come to the table ready for a battle. They usually learned to steer away from that knowing that he would call them out for exaggerating or making stuff up. 

Lolll, I bet he did ! That generation was great people ! I miss mine dearly ! He use to tell me that talking about politics was mostly a waste of time because it was like the wind , it changed directions continuously depending on the weather !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pastandpresent66 said:

Lolll, I bet he did ! That generation was great people ! I miss mine dearly ! He use to tell me that talking about politics was mostly a waste of time because it was like the wind , it changed directions continuously depending on the weather !

That sounds like something that mine would say. I admired how he truly treated everybody the same way. No nonsense, right to the point, unapologetic, and bluntly honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

That sounds like something that mine would say. I admired how he truly treated everybody the same way. No nonsense, right to the point, unapologetic, and bluntly honest. 

They were truly special and will be missed dearly ! I just wonder what they would think or say about TODAY in this country ! I'm fairly sure a lot of people wouldn't won't to hear it on both sides of the spectrum of today's politics ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pastandpresent66 said:

They were truly special and will be missed dearly ! I just wonder what they would think or say about TODAY in this country ! I'm fairly sure a lot of people wouldn't won't to hear it on both sides of the spectrum of today's politics ! 

My grandfather passed away in 2014. I am predicting that he would be shaking his head at how everyone is in such a hurry and is so self absorbed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor impartial, can't respect others opinions. He is just like bludog the Nazi!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

Poor impartial, can't respect others opinions. He is just like bludog the Nazi!!!

I thought that you were done with this conversation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

I thought that you were done with this conversation...

Nope I like beating a dead horse!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

My grandfather passed away in 2014. I am predicting that he would be shaking his head at how everyone is in such a hurry and is so self absorbed. 

Definitely , especially the self absorbed part ! Their times were different but that doesn't make ours better though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pastandpresent66 said:

Definitely , especially the self absorbed part ! Their times were different but that doesn't make ours better though !

Lack of technology forced one to slow down. Spending my summers at his ranch in the remote wilderness of Central Idaho definitely gave me a new perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Lack of technology forced one to slow down. Spending my summers at his ranch in the remote wilderness of Central Idaho definitely gave me a new perspective. 

Yea , spending two weeks at a time in Gunnison , Colorado Elk hunting with mine will put your feet on the ground , perspective wise too ! I think I need to go back but it wouldn't be the same ! I'll let you go , pleasure talking ! Another time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pastandpresent66 said:

Yea , spending two weeks at a time in Gunnison , Colorado Elk hunting with mine will put your feet on the ground , perspective wise too ! I think I need to go back but it wouldn't be the same ! I'll let you go , pleasure talking ! Another time !

Nice chatting with you. Refreshing to have another reasonable person on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 4:10 PM, Duck615 said:

 

I see this is going nowhere, kinda of like your life loser. THAT IS A FACT. YOU KEEP DISRESPECTING OTHERS OPINIONS LIKE YOUR BUTT BUDDY BLUDOG.

 

On 3/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, impartialobserver said:

I have a Phd and a great job, so life is good. I need not your approval. I am just imploring you to put some substance behind your claims. Nothing liberal or censorship about that. In short, you want affirmation and because I do not give it to you then you need to make accusations/name call. That really helps your cause....not. 

 

In any modern rational society, the portion of the population that are stupid are marginalized and low-status.

In societies in which the stupid have control, they maintain control through loyalty to a leader who allows and even encourages violence and intimidation by the stupid to keep the rest of society under their control.

 

Examples: Stalin's Russia, Hitler's Germany, theocratic Iran, Putin's Russia, Saddam Hussein's Iraq, and the Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

 

But not the United States. Not yet and probably never.

Impartial ... engaging with this being is wallowing in the dirt of the stupid. Best ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, laripu said:

 

 

In any modern rational society, the portion of the population that are stupid are marginalized and low-status.

,

In societies in which the stupid have control, they maintain control through loyalty to a leader who allows and even encourages violence and intimidation by the stupid to keep the rest of society under their control.

 

Examples: Stalin's Russia, Hitler's Germany, theocratic Iran, Putin's Russia, Saddam Hussein's Iraq, and the Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

 

But not the United States. Not yet and probably never.

Impartial ... engaging with this being is wallowing in the dirt of the stupid. Best ignore.

Your opinion, doesn't make you right lmfao. Sorry you are a butt hurt libtard bastard little fella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×