Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dontlooknow

How many of you think iraq war was a mistake?

Native...

I might disagree with you...

Saddam agreed to cooperate with weapon inspectors as an agreement to end the Gulf War...

And obviously he didn't

There were no WMD's because Clinton wiped them out so say news sources.

I think the Iraq War was a war of choice. We should have never gone into Iraq and it's inconceivable we're still fighting in Iraq almost two decades later.

this war is merely an extension of the initial Reagan/Bush invasion 37 years ago.

Native...

I might disagree with you...

Saddam agreed to cooperate with weapon inspectors as an agreement to end the Gulf War...

And obviously he didn't

I'm not even saying we shouldn't have

I just want to br clear that we violated the constitution

There were no WMD's because Clinton wiped them out so say news sources.

Clinton wiped them out?

Explain this statement.......by Clinton

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

Im curious.

Yes a no.

Clinton and Bush attacked Iraq for the same reasons.

There were chemical and biological WMDs that Saddam used on his own people. No nuclear WMDs were found.

People lived in horror under Saddam...now he's gone.

Iraq still has big problems and it spans across multiple presidents...including Obama.

If congress had to have an up or down vote then we NEVER would have invaded

Period

It would not have happened

Yes a no.

Clinton and Bush attacked Iraq for the same reasons.

There were chemical and biological WMDs that Saddam used on his own people. No nuclear WMDs were found.

People lived in horror under Saddam...now he's gone.

Iraq still has big problems and it spans across multiple presidents...including Obama.

And Clinton mentioned nuclear weapons numerous times.............

ABC...ALWAYS BLAME CLINTON

"And Clinton mentioned nuclear weapons numerous times............. "

2003-UN Weapons Inspectors """SAID NO WMD"""

The Oil Puppets Invaded anyways

Missing the point

It was and is illegal

So its irrelevant why we invaded

ABC...ALWAYS BLAME CLINTON

"And Clinton mentioned nuclear weapons numerous times............. "

2003-UN Weapons Inspectors """SAID NO WMD"""

The Oil Puppets Invaded anyways

Bush listened to the CIA and Clinton's previous assessments....

Sorry Benson

6/23/98

"The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratically elected regimes friendly to the United States."—Halliburton CEO Cheney

12/12/00 Supreme Court hands presidency to George W. Bush.

2/14/01 Dick Cheney's energy task force begins secret meetings with oil company executives. [Date the public knew: 4/16/01]

6/23/98

"The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratically elected regimes friendly to the United States."Halliburton CEO Cheney

12/12/00 Supreme Court hands presidency to George W. Bush.

2/14/01 Dick Cheney's energy task force begins secret meetings with oil company executives. [Date the public knew: 4/16/01]

why did you support this war under Obama?

The war never ended so don't use that idiotic lie

You are just a fake opportunistic scumbag

You people are disgusting

IRAQ WAR WAS A GIANT LIE BY THE REBOOBLICONS.. EVERY REASON BUSHSHIT GAVE TO GET INTO THE WAR WAS 100% FAKE AND THEY ALL KNEW IT.REBOOBLICONS ARE LIARS, THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING, THEY KILLED THOUSANDS OF OUR SOLDIERS AND 400 THOUSAND IRAQ CIVILIAN MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN...CHENNEEEEEEE SHOULD BE EXICUTED FOR HIS WAR CRIMES HE IS A TERRORIST

IRAQ WAR WAS A GIANT LIE BY THE REBOOBLICONS.. EVERY REASON BUSHSHIT GAVE TO GET INTO THE WAR WAS 100% FAKE AND THEY ALL KNEW IT.REBOOBLICONS ARE LIARS, THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING, THEY KILLED THOUSANDS OF OUR SOLDIERS AND 400 THOUSAND IRAQ CIVILIAN MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN...CHENNEEEEEEE SHOULD BE EXICUTED FOR HIS WAR CRIMES HE IS A TERRORIST

ok, can we execute piece of shit who continued the war for 8 more years?

Wait, that only applies to the GOP

Lol

January 9, 2007

"The disappearance of Saddam Hussein means that a lot of current and former top officials in the United States and other Western governments can breathe easier. The story of the West's complicity in many of the tyrant's most horrific crimes will remain untold, at least by the one man who could have spelled it out most clearly."

https://www.globalpo.../163/29010.html

https://www.globalpo...uss-regime.html

https://www.globalpo.../163/28987.html

THE NEO-CONS WANTED AND NEEDED 9-11 IN ORDER TO INVADE IRAQ

HENCE....9-11 WAS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN

Here, in stark contrast, is part of the Bush-Cheney anti-terrorism record before September 11, 2001:

-- Backed off Clinton administration's anti-terrorism efforts.

-- Shelved the Hart-Rudman report.

-- Appointed new anti-terrorism task force under Dick Cheney. Group did not even meet before 9/11.

-- Called for cuts in anti-terrorism efforts by the Department of Defense.

-- Gave no priority to anti-terrorism efforts by Justice Department.

-- Ignored warnings from Louis Freeh, George Tennant, Paul Bremer, and Richard Clarke about the urgency of terrorist threats.

-- Halted Predator drone tracking of Osama bin Laden.

-- Did nothing in wake of August 6 C.I.A. report to president saying Al Qaeda attack by hijack of an airliner almost certain.

-- Bush - knowing about the terrorists' plans to attack in America, warned that terrorists were in flight schools in the US - took a four week vacation.

-- By failing to order any coordination of intelligence data, missed opportunity to stop the 9/11 plot as Clinton-Gore had stopped the millennium plots.

-- Blamed President Clinton for 9/11.

Moron asks...

"why did you support this war under Obama?"

Obama voted AGAINST bush/cheneys Oil War

QUES...Why when Public Support got weak, and Protests Grew, and bush/cheney were Ignoring the real truth about NO WMD... ...THEY..(bush/cheney) ALWAYS threw out their "Orange Alerts"????

I was completely against it. I had been a big supporter of Dubya's early military response in the wake of 9/11, and had even volunteered to go back on active duty to do whatever I could do to help defeat the people who had attacked us.

From day one, I knew who had attacked us and I knew it had nothing to do with Saddam and Iraq. I knew that it was total bullshit that Saddam would EVER team up with Al Qaeda given the fact that AQ's overarching mission was the destruction of Arab secular nation states just like Iraq. I knew it made zero sense for Saddam to give OBL WMD's - even if he had had them - for fear that OBL would use them against Iraq.

I knew that the entire "nationality" of Iraq was a fiction imposed on the region by Sykes-Picot and that putting an artificial border around Sunnis, Shi'ites , and Kurds would never result in Jeffersonian multicultural democracy blooming on the banks of the Euphrates no matter how badly Dubya and neocons wished otherwise.

Dubya had the whole world behind us after 9/11. If he could have kept his eye on the prize.... if he could have formed coalitions to defeat Islamic extremism, instead of overthrowing Saddam, the results may have been civilization altering in a very good way. It was a brief window of opportunity and Dubya slammed it closed.

Saddam was an asshole, to be sure, but he was a tinhorn who could ruffle feathers in the middle east, but was no real threat to us. In fact, Saddam did three things better than we were able to do without him: 1.) He effectively kept Iranian regional hegemony in check. 2.) He prevented Al Qaeda from using Iraq as a staging ground and a recruiting gold mine, and 3.) He kept Sunnis and Shi'ites from slaughtering one another.

We would have been much better served if we had left Saddam alone to do those things he did well, and concentrated on OBL and AQ worldwide - with the help of a much more willing coalition of nations who would all have benefitted from such an endeavor.

Im curious.

Do a pole on it

I would like to see the results

Benson...

The president of the US said Saddam had WMDS......

And the previous president said the same....

The head of the CIA said it was a slam dunk

And numerous Dems voted for the war after reviewing the intel....

And yet the UN weapons inspectors couldn't find ANY Trace of them for 13 Years, No WMD's, Zero, Nada

And yet the UN weapons inspectors couldn't find ANY Trace of them for 13 Years, No WMD's, Zero, Nada

Were the inspectors allowed to inspect immediately after the UN Resolution or was it a couple of months before they were allowed to inspect specific suspected locations wiped clean.

arguing facts while only remember half of what took place then.

Do a pole on it

It doesn't mean Clinton and Bush lied does it?

Most of our political arena was on board with the WMD thing. Not difficult to research.

Do a pole on it

Most of our political arena was on board with the WMD thing. Not difficult to research.