Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laripu

Why we have Trump

You have Trump because Obama wasnt able to appeal to middle america due to the blocking of the GOP House.

Obama wasnt able to appeal to middle america because globalization and technology are replacing jobs at an unprecedented rate.

Those people who refuse to move or get re-trained continue to blame Obama, when technology and society has made them unemployable.

And then you have the very successful campaigns of Trump and partisan political actions from the FBI.

I bet many of the people who didnt "trust" Hilary were also Sexist and didnt want to be lead by a woman.

Then you have the Christian ideologies who wont vote for the left based on single issues like abortion. When really like in Canada its to taboo of a topic to touch now anyways.

There are also many other reasons.

Best case. GOP has their way with America and then hopefully Americans will finally see the GOP for their true self.

Or worse case, the divisive politics continues and more home grown extremism grows rampant. Trump mis-places this fear on muslims "again" and convinces the America people to give up more of the "rights" for protection.

My 2 cents. Bridge the gap with your fellow cons. You need to be united as "divided people are easier to rule" - Trevor Noah

We have Trump because Bernie Sanders and his ilk stabbed liberals in the back. Again.

Bill

We have Trump because Bernie Sanders and his ilk stabbed liberals in the back. Again.

Bill

That is incorrect.

Hillary lost because not enough people liked her or trusted her.

Her campaign stabbed Bernie in the back. Repeatedly.

That is incorrect.

Hillary lost because not enough people liked her or trusted her.

Her campaign stabbed Bernie in the back. Repeatedly.

Rubbish. Sanders and his movement spread the same filthy lies as the rightwingers did. It was a page taken directly out of their playbook.

Sanders got a free-pass (that he did not deserve) from Democrats who hoped (wrongly) that he would not bern down the house. Big mistake.

Bill

Rubbish. Sanders and his movement spread the same filthy lies as the rightwingers did. It was a page taken directly out of their playbook.

Sanders got a free-pass (that he did not deserve) from Democrats who hoped (wrongly) that he would not bern down the house. Big mistake.

Bill

Bill, I totally disagree.....but I don't want to argue with you.

Good to see you. :)

Bill, I totally disagree.....but I don't want to argue with you.

Good to see you. :)

I hope you've been well.

Bill

???

We have Trump in the White House because we don't have fair open and honest elections. It didn't matter how many actual votes were cast for Hillary, what mattered is how those ballots were counted. Until we stop the massive election fraud our nation will continue to be pillaged. In the next election they will flip enough votes to get the candidates elected that they want. If they flip just enough, some will say, darn, if we had just worked harder, or perhaps said something a bit different. They may even allow the "loser" to have more votes than the winner to emphasize that we need to work just a bit harder to "win" next time.

More than any other reason, we are now stuck with Trump is because the DNC made sure the unelectable candidate was chosen over the candidate who would have won.

I believe the reason we have trump is because the DNC screwed Bernie over and gave the nomination to Hillary mistakenly thinking they could win with her and if they nominated him I truly do believe that we would not have to discuss 24 million people losing health insurance with the GOP proposal

Liberals lost the election for number of reasons. There is no one reason for it.

The relevant question now isn't, "Why did we lose?" Almost every answer prior to this post factors into Trump's win. What we *should* be asking is, "What can we *change* in order to gain ground in the midterms and win in 2020?"

A lot is going to depend on the investigations going on,, and how various sides spin them. America may be deeply divided, but few actually want Russia interfering with elections. And when it comes down to that, it doesn't really matter if Russian interference caused Hillary to lose. What is important is whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and what Trump knew about it. When did the collusion start? How far did the interference spread? How many people in the line of Presidential succession are tainted by the election and collusion?

Other than dealing with the fallout from the Trump investigation, this is what else liberals need to do:

1. Take back the terms 'Liberal' and 'Progressive'. At some point the far-right managed to convince a huge number of people that "liberal" and "progressive" are dirty words. We need to PR the shit out of our image.

2. Take back the Democratic Party from the oligarchs, or find a way to make a liberal/third party viable. Get rid of most of the Democratic establishment.

3. Choose candidates who don't suck.

4. Get out the vote! Vote in 2018!

5. Acknowledge that we are deeply divided and find a way to compromise.

6. Reach out to moderates and even the center-right and talk to them. Listen to them. Don't be condescending. Show that you can compromise here and there. Establish personal connections. Present points that appeal to conservative thinking.

7. Be polite, and try not to mock too much. Remember that, even online, something like 90% of people will never post, but they're reading. Remember that your audience goes beyond those who post back.

8. Foster compassion.

9. Continue to put pressure on your representatives.

10. Protest peacefully.

There are more, but my hands are getting tired.

I believe the reason we have trump is because the DNC screwed Bernie over and gave the nomination to Hillary mistakenly thinking they could win with her and if they nominated him I truly do believe that we would not have to discuss 24 million people losing health insurance with the GOP proposal

No the "I'm a big baby who is going to take my ball home when I lose fair and square" crowd can't handle the reality that Bernie Sanders lost the Democratic primary. They stayed home and then blame the Russian or other nonsense for their own failure.

The left gave us Donald Trump. Pure treachery. Bernie and his crowd screwed over America. Bad show.

Bill

No the "I'm a big baby who is going to take my ball home when I lose fair and square" crowd can't handle the reality that Bernie Sanders lost the Democratic primary. They stayed home and then blame the Russian or other nonsense for their own failure.

The left gave us Donald Trump. Pure treachery. Bernie and his crowd screwed over America. Bad show.

Bill

So, name-calling already? Welcome back. I missed you. But not your rudeness.

More than any other reason, we are now stuck with Trump is because the DNC made sure the unelectable candidate was chosen over the candidate who would have won.

The big lie repeated doesn't make the big lie true. Bernie Sanders lost. Blaming the DNC is mendacity at its worst.

Bill

Bad show Hillary and the DNC. In bed together for the screwing of America. There could be no more humungous crime against "We The People" than Hillary and the DNC foisting Trump upon us. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You have little reason to post without him.

I'm calling out the pure lies and false narratives that seem the only welcome spin on reality allowed on this subforum.

But those that didn't vote and dare to call themselves "liberals" are to blame for the Trump presidency. That's reality.

Bill

Bad show Hillary and the DNC. In bed together for the screwing of America. There could be no more humungous crime against "We The People" than Hillary and the DNC foisting Trump upon us. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You have little reason to post without him.

Ahaha, no, I've been idle because Life has been evil to me. I posted before I responded to him. :)

Ahaha, no, I've been idle because Life has been evil to me. I posted before I responded to him. :)

I stand corrected EvilFerret. I'm sorry things have been going badly lately. I hope they improve soon.

I stand corrected EvilFerret. I'm sorry things have been going badly lately. I hope they improve soon.

With the new ownership at work that adds more responsibility on me, and two classes this term, and having the flu in January and laryngitis until a couple weeks ago, and having been guilted into choir and stuck living in a Christian household and following those things and family obligations.... *plus* Trump.... been too mind-numb to post coherently. But... things are looking up AND the Science March is less than a month away. Thanks for the well-wishes. Believe me, my evil shall not be quenched. >.>

Why We Have Trump

Trump, of course, attracted a staunchly loyal but limited following.

But Hillary suffered from bad luck ... Genuine problems as a candidate ... And superficial perceptions which could have been fixed. There were many factors that shaved vote percentages off Hillary's total, costing her the election. Any one of them could have changed the final outcome. To more or less of an extent, Hillary beat herself.

EXTERNAL FACTORS

~ James Comey irrelevant document dumps.

~ Wiki Leaks.

~ Angry Bernie supporters.

~ Jill Stein vote.

~ Electoral College

~ Gerrymandering in a majority of Republican dominated states.

~ Flipping the vote at election machines.

~ Voter suppression aimed at Democrats.

.WAYS HILLARY BEAT HERSELF

~ Hillary's overpaid Wall St. speeches and perceived corporatism.

~ Distaste at having a second Clinton as president ... Another version of dynasty after the Bush The Greater and Lesser.

~ Hillary's personality was a serious turn-off to many people.

~ Complacent expectation of inevitability.

==================================================================================================

. Believe me, my evil shall not be quenched. >.>

Yay !!!

Blu, I would add these six things to your list of ways Hilary beat herself:

-Her irresponsibility in regards to her State Department email and her unwillingness to just be open about whatever she did.

-Her penchant for changing positions without any sign of internal belief change.

-Her hawkishness

-Her treatment of her husband's accusers (seen as particularly damaging for someone claiming to be for women)

-Choosing Debbie Wassermann-Schultz to be part of her campaign.

-Her terrible choice of VP.

Blu, I would add these six things to your list of ways Hilary beat herself:

-Her irresponsibility in regards to her State Department email and her unwillingness to just be open about whatever she did.

-Her penchant for changing positions without any sign of internal belief change.

-Her hawkishness

-Her treatment of her husband's accusers (seen as particularly damaging for someone claiming to be for women)

-Choosing Debbie Wassermann-Schultz to be part of her campaign.

-Her terrible choice of VP.

Yes Hillary and the DNC did give us trump lets just face the facts that if the DNC wouldn't of royally screwed over Bernie we would a progressive making very positive change to this country but instead we are stuck with a fear mongering and borderline fascist as our president, that doesn't care about the overall decency of life for the common american just him and his rich buddies.

The DNC did not "screw over" Bernie Sanders. To the contrary the DNC shared invaluable party data with Sanders, who did not deserve it at he is not A Democrat, and they gave him a place on the debate stage.

As thanks for lifting his profile he stabbed the Democrats in the back.

Bernie Sanders lost because many millions of Democratic voters preferred HRC. In response Berners who proved to be as dishonest as their candidate crated a false narritive that Sanders loss was because of a rigged election and did their best to suppress Democraticic voting.

Utter balderdash. The Big Lie.

In this respect (and many others) the Sanders campaign resembled the Trump campaign by trying to delegitimize any loss (or possible) loss as the result of a conspiracy.

This is the problem with demagogic movements. Anger and political irrationality are a bad path.

Bill

Yes Hillary was a flawed candidate, but they all are. It would be near impossible for any candidate to put on a good performance after decades of being attacked in the media with made up nonsense (fake Fox News). However Trump was more than a flawed candidate, he is insane. He gave us every reason to believe he would commit numerous criminal acts if allowed into the White House. It was obvious his presidency would result in millions of people dying. There is no excuse for any knowledgeable person to vote for Trump. Hillary, with all her faults, should have won by a landslide. It is my opinion that had the election be fair open and honest she would have easily won. The fact that in a few states, apparently ballots were flipped, just enough to give the presidency to Trump screams as election fraud.Could she have been better? Of course, but she only needed to be better than Trump, and in that there was no contest.

Leading to the question what can we do to get more liberals in office? my suggestion is to do everything possible to restore open fair and honest elections, you remember, the kind were international observers verify. If we don't do this, it can't happen. Do the other things too, but if this doesn't happen, the GOP will be more firmly in control.

And you sat out the election DonJoe when, as you say, the alternative was a man who is insane.

Then you blame the Russians instead of looking in the mirror.

Bill

Maybe Bernie Sanders lost to Hillary because Donna Brazile gave Hillary the debate questions in advance. Maybe Hillary was able to beat Sanders because "the fix was in", perpetrated by the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donna-brazile-finally-admits-giving-debate-questions-clinton-article-1.3002221

Donna Brazile finally admits giving primary debate questions to Clinton campaign By Larry Mcshane
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 4:27 PM

Donna Brazile has finally come clean: Yes, the fix was in for Hillary Clinton during last year’s Democratic primary.

- snip -

No holds barred chat

• By Imgreatagain

Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• By deezer shoove

grgle

• By rippy38

• By Str8tEdge

Where’s at @slideman?

• By Robot88

Hola

• By teacher

I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• By impartialobserver

What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• By kfools

Where does it say 2?

• By kfools

So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• By teacher

How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• By Duck615

Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• By kfools

Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• By Imgreatagain

Mine too. 

• By Imgreatagain

I thought it was my location.. 

• By kfools

Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• By Duck615

OK thanks

• By king of the county

Test

• By Blue Devil

Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom