Trump needs to take a Psych evaluation before his inauguration

QuantumPhyzx

I'm 100% positive Trump has a severe personality disorder of some kind (which also could contribute to his 'fluid' view of reality, seemingly forgetting his position on 1 thing in one instant and then completely changing his stance in the next).

And then there's his alter-ego Barron. The same name he gave his own son. Who the hell names their kid after their fake alter-ego? Trump use to pretend to be a PR guy named John Barron and would do over-the-phone interviews, altering his voice whilst self-aggrandizing to any who would listen. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-alter-ego-barron/2016/05/12/02ac99ec-16fe-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html?utm_term=.03ba28861ec0

Then there's the obvious narcissism. He just can't let any negative press against him go[he always has to retaliate and try to get the last word], he views himself as a sexual demigod, and he's had absolutely no problem stealing from the 'less fortunate' and 'more vulnerable' members of our society (exhibit a: Trump University and the lower-socioeconomic people that he was able to manipulate into maxing out their credit cards to pay tuition under a false advertising pretense)

Congress should force the prez to take a psych eval, I'd rather see the results of that instead of his taxes.

well first of all you wrote this well and all of it is true/ we got to keep it cataloged / not that we'll ever forget. It is all so incredibly zany how could we?

well I always wondered why would he even want to be president/ just to prove that he could/ so he did. he obviously believes his own lies while he says them.

he goes on a victory tour ruminates aloud in front of a wild adoring crowd/ yes, isn't it about time he says.

He's a certified mashugana alright. That much is quite obvious.

Peace!

Unfortunately in his case there is no way to force him to take psych evaluation. Although I think there should be one, there is no law mandating that it has to be done. Actually such an evaluation should be done at the candidate level.

I'm 100% positive Trump has a severe personality disorder of some kind (which also could contribute to his 'fluid' view of reality, seemingly forgetting his position on 1 thing in one instant and then completely changing his stance in the next).

And then there's his alter-ego Barron. The same name he gave his own son. Who the hell names their kid after their fake alter-ego? Trump use to pretend to be a PR guy named John Barron and would do over-the-phone interviews, altering his voice whilst self-aggrandizing to any who would listen. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-alter-ego-barron/2016/05/12/02ac99ec-16fe-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html?utm_term=.03ba28861ec0

Then there's the obvious narcissism. He just can't let any negative press against him go[he always has to retaliate and try to get the last word], he views himself as a sexual demigod, and he's had absolutely no problem stealing from the 'less fortunate' and 'more vulnerable' members of our society (exhibit a: Trump University and the lower-socioeconomic people that he was able to manipulate into maxing out their credit cards to pay tuition under a false advertising pretense)

Congress should force the prez to take a psych eval, I'd rather see the results of that instead of his taxes.

Excellent description of a narcissistic sociopath ... Both disorders often occurring in the same individual. There is no moral compass and a preoccupation with petty self-aggrandizement. No conscience and no remorse. So victimizing the vulnerable seems natural.

Sociopaths often cultivate an upbeat, shallow charm which some see through and others don't. Trump has perfected his con-artist act and it works on many. But for others, buyer's remorse is just around the corner. Some will never get past, what they perceive as his charm.

Trum[p FLAUNTED his Psychological, ethical, moral, competance FLAWS. He's a TEXTBOOK Narcissist and Demagogue. We can argue whether he's Sociopath,Psycopath or both. Obviously the Regressive Radicals are NOT worried he's NUTS. They lust for POWER. They want to do damage and LOOT. This is their WET DREAM and ....all anyone can do is minor obstruction.....that.. and TRYING to compel the herd animals to stop and think.

There are people who claim that in Ronald Reagan's second term he was already hindered by Alzheimer's disease, and that much of the business of the presidency was conducted by Nancy Reagan.

Obviously, if something similar befalls Trump, who will fill that role? Melania seems unlikely. Ivanka?

Or maybe Pence will step in and reveal the facts to the nation. If that happens, how can it be done constitutionally, to remove a mentally ill president? What if the president is unwilling to comply?

In some ways worse. Trump is not sane, and more likely to get us all blown up. However, Pence is a hardcore radical rightist, and I would not be at all surprised to see us veer sharply towards theocracy under a Pence presidency.

Blown up dead is worse than Pence. You can always vote out a politician, but you can't do anything about corpses except bury them and weep.

There's no way Pence can cause as much legislative harm (by not vetoing nonsense) as a single nuclear weapon can.

Pence, as a traditional pol will be limited by the Supreme Court and by the Senate. Not to mention hordes or protesters. He's nowhere near good, but he's better than the orange thing.

Bad laws can be undone. Death: not yet.

Get rid of Trump and end up with Pence???? Not much of an improvement.

In my view Nuclear Armageddon is worse than oppression which can be ended at some point. Pence is far less likely to get the World into an all-out nuclear exchange than Trump.

In one speech Trump said "I love war". Trump has stated he would "give" nukes to small countries like Japan and Korea ... And who knows how many others. Trump is on record as having insistently asked an advisor; "If we have nukes, why can't we use them?". Of ISIS, he said “I would bomb the shit out of them. I’d just bomb those suckers. I’d blow up the pipes, I’d blow up the refineries, I’d blow up every single inch—there would be nothing left.” Trump did not specify what he would bomb them with but he appears fascinated with nukes.

Trump will be Commander-In-Chief and, as a practical matter, can order bombings by the military without congressional approval. I for one, would be much more comfortable with Pence as CIC. Of course, I wouldn't be happy with Pence. But he's better than Trump.

My mom, who voted for Trump - long story there - figures that Trump will be assassinated likely within the first few months in office. The likely turmoil that would result is even more terrifying.

I heard the exact same thing said about Obama, when he was first elected and, as first Black president, it was plausible enough. ANY president can be assassinated at any time ... Or not. In that respect, Trump is the same as all the rest.

In my view Nuclear Armageddon is worse than oppression which can be ended at some point. Pence is far less likely to get the World into an all-out nuclear exchange than Trump.

In one speech Trump said "I love war". Trump has stated he would "give" nukes to small countries like Japan and Korea ... And who knows how many others. Trump is on record as having insistently asked an advisor; "If we have nukes, why can't we use them?". Of ISIS, he said “I would bomb the shit out of them. I’d just bomb those suckers. I’d blow up the pipes, I’d blow up the refineries, I’d blow up every single inch—there would be nothing left.” Trump did not specify what he would bomb them with but he appears fascinated with nukes.

Trump will be Commander-In-Chief and, as a practical matter, can order bombings by the military without congressional approval. I for one, would be much more comfortable with Pence as CIC. Of course, I wouldn't be happy with Pence. But he's better than Trump.

Good points. I am not going to disagree. However, I would emphasize that I would not be happy with Pence. Pence is in no way acceptable, but probably less likely to go nuke on us. In terms of keeping the US a civilized nation, Pence would push hard to prevent it.

What I really want to say is that I prefer a different option. None of the options before us are acceptable to me.

On second thought Pence comes across to me as one of the "Christians" who believe it is their duty and responsibility to bring about Armageddon. Thus I would not trust him with the nuclear codes either.

Agree. I think about this a lot. WAY too much. As a parent, as a human, as a lover of life and all that entails, I have a lot of fear of DT presidency, not just for our own country, but around the world. He's completely unstable, appears to be insane, and in mental decline, like with some sort of dementia. Even with some mild cognitive impairment, judgement worsens, skills worsen, understanding complex thought and paths worsen (can explain his attention and reading issues). Personality traits and mental issues are heightened and exaggerated, all which can have dire consequences. Whenever I see DT, one thing I notice is that he does not to seem to have any sincerity, warmth, or humanity. He doesn't seem to like humans, animals, nature, or intellectual pursuits. This is not a man that has ever felt awe at a sunset, or tears in his eyes when seeing his infant children. He's shallow, cold, mean, petty, vindictive, vengeful, and self-motivated. He respects nothing and no one. It seems he has never had a deep thought in his life. Furthermore, he probably wants to be as powerful as a "god" and all that being a "god" entails, which I fear putting into writing.

Pence...man I don't like this guy. He seems sleazy, and definitely wants a theocracy. But he seems intelligent enough. He may want an Armageddon at some time, man they do love the whole idea of a rapture scenario (creepy), but he doesn't seem like he's insane, or mentally ill. He has an agenda, and his agenda seems to differ from DT. He wants to see his plans play out and feel a sense of egotistical pride for his "achievements". Furthermore, he seems to actually love his family. He seems to be relatively close to his daughter, and his wife. He handled the whole Hamilton thing with relative grace (still don't trust him). He has pets, cats no less, and a rabbit (good propaganda to show his human side--I guess all politicians do that, so I won't fault him too much). Cats (and rabbits) do what they want, they can't be ordered around. They need to have a litter box, so he's not squeamish being in a house with animals. He also has hobbies. And even though I do not like his religiosity, he has that whole humbled by Christ thing christians like to throw around, so he probably has had some deeper thoughts. Why does this matter? Well, as much as I dislike, distrust, and disturbed I am by him, he is actually almost-human. His agenda is effed up to me, and to many others, and I fear how he will treat different groups, but he can be voted out someday, or just do his terms and move on. He seems like he wanted to be president, but knew how much he was disliked and found the perfect person to run with. He lacked the cult of personality, but his running mate had the huge following that could get him where he wanted. Perhaps this is what was the plan all along. Pence seems like he wants to be president, to make way for US theocracy, but not a nepotistic reign, and to prep up a successor (Ryan?) to continue his evil theocratic plan. I don't really fear he wants nuclear war. He also seems to be able to handle criticism and just do what he wants anyway. At least he's an adult. If anything, he wants to make way for a long line of theocratic presidents, and he wants to look back on all he did to help. Nuclear war wouldn't allow him that luxury.

Also, imagine how terrible DT will be in 2020!! Will his ego allow him the chance to lose a second term? NO. How will he react to being held accountable and responsible for anything? Either way, somehow a 2020 election may not happen! My only hope is that he will get bored and act like he doesn't want to run again, that he sacrificed all he could, and that he needs to move on, saying it's a smart move?? But that's so far fetched.

So yeah, ask me 8 months ago, who scared me more, I'd say begrudgingly it was Pence. Not now. I fear DT's reign since he started running in 2011 (because that's when he decided to run again, he's ran before, and it's always been a scary thought). My new hope is that somehow DT will be impeached, that there will be no ramifications to that, and Pence can be voted out soon after, or after one term (then we have the nightmare scenario of Pence in office for 10 years!!) But still better than nuclear war!

My mom, who voted for Trump - long story there - figures that Trump will be assassinated likely within the first few months in office. The likely turmoil that would result is even more terrifying.

This is a scenario I quail to consider.

This nation has become so polarized, if his Orangeness was assassinated the extreme fake news media would inflame his followers into madness in short order.

We have been indoctrinated with fake news since Fox News began.

I have to admit it is easy to blame Fox ( their documented offenses against journalistic integrity are legion, after all) but ALL of the mainstream media outlets have narratives they push - sometimes with false information or propaganda driving it as opposed to factual research - that have destroyed my own ability to blindly accept the validity of what they present.

Good points. I am not going to disagree. However, I would emphasize that I would not be happy with Pence. Pence is in no way acceptable, but probably less likely to go nuke on us. In terms of keeping the US a civilized nation, Pence would push hard to prevent it.

What I really want to say is that I prefer a different option. None of the options before us are acceptable to me.

Pence is a social conservative which, to me, is the worst kind of conservative (in my humble opinion). Honestly, if given the choice, I'd rather have Trump than Pence (although neither one would be best).

Pence is a social conservative which, to me, is the worst kind of conservative (in my humble opinion). Honestly, if given the choice, I'd rather have Trump than Pence (although neither one would be best).

Bad social legislation can be reversed. Nuclear annihilation can't. Trump's statements on the subject show that he wants to be free to use nukes.

Bad social legislation can be reversed. Nuclear annihilation can't. Trump's statements on the subject show that he wants to be free to use nukes.

I hope you are correct, but I fear Pence may push for Armageddon and he may be smart enough to make it happen. Neither Trump nor Pence is acceptable in any way. Which is worse? It's hard for me to answer that question, as I think the jury is still out, and this is speculation at best.

I hope you are correct, but I fear Pence may push for Armageddon and he may be smart enough to make it happen. Neither Trump nor Pence is acceptable in any way. Which is worse? It's hard for me to answer that question, as I think the jury is still out, and this is speculation at best.

Where is Pence on record as calling for reckless use of nukes? By contrast, Trump has said many things including, several times, to an advisor, "If we have nukes, why can't we use them".

While I would love to see a president far to the left of Pence, Trump poses the ultimate threat. For that reason, I would feel the world a safer place, if congressional Republicans and Democrats replaced Trump with Pence.

That's just another indicator of how thoroughly unqualified Trump is for the office he is about to take. His arrogance, petulance, ego-driven self-righteousness... and he's going to have control of the nuclear arsenal. I cannot express how uncomfortable I am with where this country is going.

Where is Pence on record as calling for reckless use of nukes? By contrast, Trump has said many things including, several times, to an advisor, "If we have nukes, why can't we use them".

While I would love to see a president far to the left of Pence, Trump poses the ultimate threat. For that reason, I would feel the world a safer place, if congressional Republicans and Democrats replaced Trump with Pence.

I agree! I don't like Pence one bit, but I would be far more comfortable with him in control of the nuclear codes than His Orangeness the Mad Hair.