Crack in Antarctica Ice Shelf Just Grew By 11 Miles

If this happens, it could accelerate a further breakup of the ice shelf,(spastic calamitous wish) essentially removing a massive cork of ice that keeps some of Antarctica’s glaciers from flowing into the ocean. The long term result, (spastic calamitous hoping) scientists project, could be to noticeably raise global sea levels by 10 centimeters, or almost four inches.

Scientists who are paid eco-disaster shills will say anything to get funding and be published as real serious experts.

As we all know, floating ice doesn't raise the level of anything when it melts.

The volume of 4 inches more water over all the oceans' surfaces is so much water as to be an absurd thought stemming from this incident.

al-gore-nov-2016.jpg

"Don't look behind the curtain."

“When it calves, the Larsen C Ice Shelf will lose more than 10% of its area to leave the ice front at its most retreated position ever recorded; this event will fundamentally change the landscape of the Antarctic Peninsula,” said the researchers in a statement about the rift."

Meaningless statement.

kj

If this happens, it could accelerate a further breakup of the ice shelf,(spastic calamitous wish) essentially removing a massive cork of ice that keeps some of Antarctica’s glaciers from flowing into the ocean. The long term result, (spastic calamitous hoping) scientists project, could be to noticeably raise global sea levels by 10 centimeters, or almost four inches.

Scientists who are paid eco-disaster shills will say anything to get funding and be published as real serious experts.

As we all know, floating ice doesn't raise the level of anything when it melts.

The volume of 4 inches more water over all the oceans' surfaces is so much water as to be an absurd thought stemming from this incident.

al-gore-nov-2016.jpg

"Don't look behind the curtain."

“When it calves, the Larsen C Ice Shelf will lose more than 10% of its area to leave the ice front at its most retreated position ever recorded; this event will fundamentally change the landscape of the Antarctic Peninsula,” said the researchers in a statement about the rift."

Meaningless statement.

kj

libs give awards to people who spout meaningless statements, ie Obama

I'm still struggling to figure out what caused the last ice age & it's multi kilometer high ice sheets to form; and what caused those ice sheets to finally melt. I figure natural cycles caused the freezing. That being said, I also will hazard a guess as to what caused the melting, again, natural cycles. As far as the melting goes, I am pretty sure as to what did not cause the melting; that would be man made global warming. Takes a Hell of a lot of moving ice to plow out the Great Lakes.

Don't glaciers move because of continental drift? Damn you cannot think beyond a flipping 2 dimensional talking point.

Do you ever think beyond a social talking point?

Continental selves shift. wouldn't that increase a crack in the ice self above ground. Dah! What a mind you have their doodsaq. cannot think passed topics of divide and conquer psychology operating within an anything is possible philosophy.

Believe what? I believe a large chunk of ice could break away. In fact, with glaciers continuously supplying the ice shelf, it is inevitable that this would happen. As to the effects this will have around the world....why are all the effects "bad"?

"As we all know, floating ice doesn't raise the level of anything when it melts."

Ice has a density of about 90% that of liquid water.. that is why it floats

They don't get that and when it snows there is no Global warming..they just deny deny deny..Okay guys then GAWD is pissed at the right wing stupidity and that is why it is happening...I am not a fan of religion but Hey!! if it gets thru to the think headed farts then so be it. Wasn't it a well known Pasotr that said it was the Gays fault..heehee look at what weather has been doing to all those Red states..closet boys :P

Believe what? I believe a large chunk of ice could break away. In fact, with glaciers continuously supplying the ice shelf, it is inevitable that this would happen. As to the effects this will have around the world....why are all the effects "bad"?

I believe ice shelfs breaking away is caused by gravity.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-o.gifrolling-on-the-floor-laughing-o.gifrolling-on-the-floor-laughing-o.gif

I didn't hear what the video is claiming. He did however make a mistake that the core is 1 million degrees.

In certain spots, like around old faithful, the crust 2 kms down could be 1000's of degrees.

That the Earth's crust and core maintain a constant temperature is flawed, any warming we are experiencing is just as capable of coming from a small amount of cooling in the core and crust.

Your in WI you won't get flooded any time soon BUT will drink the poisoned chemical ground water up there so deregulate...go for it

I didn't hear what the video is claiming. He did however make a mistake that the core is 1 million degrees.

In certain spots, like around old faithful, the crust 2 kms down could be 1000's of degrees.

That the Earth's crust and core maintain a constant temperature is flawed, any warming we are experiencing is just as capable of coming from a small amount of cooling in the core and crust.

The Earth is still cooling down since it's creation.

You would........................

No, once an ice sheet juts out enough, gravity breaks it off. Simple physics.

jut
[jət]
  1. extend out, over, or beyond the main body or line of something:

The Earth is still cooling down since it's creation.

Only if you believe in linear time tables. should you consider now Eternity, it is possible to eternally maintain what it is all the time. The fear of manifested destiny and Divine Providence don't exist and never have actually, just factually assumed life doesn't function any other way.