• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So stop supporting Coal jobs and non-renewable fossil fuels

151130141845-china-jiangsu-smog-1130-sup

screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-8.29.14-am.png

Name me one major economic/industrial activity that emits pure CO2, none right? Then we need to support the switch to renewable green technologies.

November 17, 2016

MONTGOMERY — "Construction began on the massive, Marcellus Shale-gas power plant, Patriot Energy Center, a little over two years ago. To celebrate its completion, Panda Power Funds held an official commissioning ceremony at the Clinton Township location on Wednesday.

The power plant, the second of its kind in the nation, will power up to 1 million homes and is expected to contribute nearly $6 billion to the state economy."

http://www.sungazette.com/news/top-news/2016/11/energy-plant-powers-up-in-county/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-coal-kemp-idUSKBN13920C

151130141845-china-jiangsu-smog-1130-sup

screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-8.29.14-am.png

Name me one major economic/industrial activity that emits pure CO2, none right? Then we need to support the switch to renewable green technologies.

Most major US cities are occupied by leftists.

Maybe that's why they behave strangely?

Right now, nuclear is probably the best option.

I went with an interview with a company that has high tech green technology (real green tech.. not the kind I smoke all the time)

The first question was "Do you believe in global warming"

I explained I understand the skepticism but do think the earth will get hotter in the near future and that there is a correlation between CO2 level and global temperature, and that the industrial revolution has increased mankinds carbon footprint significantly.

I said making California dairy farmers capture cow farts is absurd legislation

CO2 was higher during some ice ages.

:yawn:

Don't you moonbats ever get tired of this whining?

We will switch to "renewable" energies when they are cost efficient and self sustaining.

They aren't yet.

:yawn:

Don't you moonbats ever get tired of this whining?

We will switch to "renewable" energies when they are cost efficient and self sustaining.

They aren't yet.

Actually they are if you take all the subsidies that are already in place for oil, gas coal etc. etc.

You honestly think digging huge holes in the ground, bringing them up and refining/burning them will cost less than laying a few panels and connecting it to the grid right away?

Honestly do you?

Or worse, mining it out of the ground, pumping it and sending it half way around the world, and refining it and pumping it again and sending it to your local gas station?

How about a solar panel charging your car directly on you house? Come on seriously?

We gave up on Nuclear after Three Mile Island and Chernobyl

I was getting a nuke e degree at the time those disasters happened.. chose not to get on a submarine after college

Technology is much better now.

Even guys that opposed nuclear energy in the past now say they are OK with it.

Technology is much better now.

Even guys that opposed nuclear energy in the past now say they are OK with it.

Yeah, its just public perception now and finding a strategic place for it that is NOT subjected to natural disasters

Actually they are if you take all the subsidies that are already in place for oil, gas coal etc. etc.

You honestly think digging huge holes in the ground, bringing them up and refining/burning them will cost less than laying a few panels and getting energy right away?

Honestly do you?

You should do your research.

Wind and solar big enough to replace fossil fuels would take enormous chunks of land...and we already know how damaging huge projects like these can be to the environment and wildlife.

Renewables are a nice idea, but they are far from prime time.

Yeah, its just public perception now and finding a strategic place for it that is NOT subjected to natural disasters

That's a fair argument.

You should do your research.

Wind and solar big enough to replace fossil fuels would take enormous chunks of land...and we already know how damaging huge projects like these can be to the environment and wildlife.

Renewables are a nice idea, but they are far from prime time.

Think where current solar farms are being installed. :) no not downtown...

Think where current solar farms are being installed. :) no not downtown...

Renewable farms kill far more wildlife...how about that public perception.

And renewables need sunlight and wind. It just won't work with current technology.

I personally think something else will come along and we won't need any of this stuff.

Renewable farms kill far more wildlife...how about that public perception.

And renewables need sunlight and wind. It just won't work with current technology.

I personally think something else will come along and we won't need any of this stuff.

Solar may kills birds and thats a specific solar farm that heats water in the center instead. Bird noisers rectify that. Explain far more wildlife than for ex. oil spills.

How does solar and wind not work? Explain.

Fusion is coming along but still decades out.

I'm sorry but there are not coal power plants in that picture. The cause of that image is too many liberal rats huddled together in one little area DRIVING CARS!!! Moron

Sorry no, many of these pictures are from China that heavily rely on Coal Power.

And even if it was cars its still fossil fuels

NO, and let me repeat that, NO "green energy" can survive WITHOUT DIRECT GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES.

PERIOD.

There are NO and let me repeat that as well- NO DIRECT GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES FOR FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRIES.

The CHALLENGE is to find one that is a DIRECT SUBSIDY for fossil fuel producers.

NOW you get the idea WHY there is NO WAY that alternative, solar or wind energy is going to make it. EVER.

Sun don't shine 24.7 and the wind don't blow that way either.

PERIOD!!!!

You honestly think digging huge holes in the ground, bringing them up and refining/burning them will cost less than laying a few panels and connecting it to the grid right away?

Honestly do you?

Or worse, mining it out of the ground, pumping it and sending it half way around the world, and refining it and pumping it again and sending it to your local gas station?

How about a solar panel charging your car directly on you house? Come on seriously?

There aren't subsidies for oil, gas and coal.

And yes, digging holes in the ground and bring up fuels is cheaper than solar and wind farms. That may change in the future, but we're not there yet.

And a car that can't get me where I need to go, does me no good.

Right this second, I've got about 3 feet of snow burying my street. Plows can't get through, but I can in my Jeep.

Show me an electric car that would do that.

Solar may kills birds and thats a specific solar farm that heats water in the center instead. Bird noisers rectify that. Explain far more wildlife than for ex. oil spills.

How does solar and wind not work? Explain.

Fusion is coming along but still decades out.

Sorry no, many of these pictures are from China that heavily rely on Coal Power.

And even if it was cars its still fossil fuels

Mostly birds killed by wind and farm...but solar also damages the ground wildlife in the area of the solar farms.

Solar and wind works in specific applications...there's know way it can handle the full load without using behemoth land masses.

If we try to replace everything fossil fuels do in the world it would be a whole new set of problems with wind and solar.

Fusion and some newer technology being considered...but you're right, it's not here yet.

BTW...ever seen articles on how land is destroyed mining the natural resources needed for wind turbines. It's terrible.

Mostly birds killed by wind and farm...but solar also damages the ground wildlife in the area of the solar farms.

Solar and wind works in specific applications...there know way it can handle the full load without using behemoth land masses.

If we try to replace everything fossil fuels do in the world it would be a whole new set of problems with wind and solar.

Fusion and some newer technology being considered...but you're right, it's not here yet.

BTW...ever seen articles on how land is destroyed mining the natural resources needed for wind turbines. It's terrible.

It ain't just the land destruction that is the issue.

The TOXIC CRAP that is being put out making this solar and windmill shit is worse than ANY Oil or Coal producer EVER made.

Solar and wind works in specific applications...there's know way it can handle the full load without using behemoth land masses.

Solar farms are installed in the desert for one thing. What wild life.

Second we need to rely MORE on renewables. Switching to 100% renewables of course we are not there yet.

But a mix of Hydro, Nuclear, Solar, Wind and maybe a bit of fossil fuels would be the right direction.

It ain't just the land destruction that is the issue.

The TOXIC CRAP that is being put out making this solar and windmill shit is worse than ANY Oil or Coal producer EVER made.

What TOXIC CRAP?

Yeah....sure....that's what it is.....public-fear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_nuclear_power_plants#Operating_costs

Versus the maintenance of tens of thousands of km of pipelines? Haha not even the same...

There aren't subsidies for oil, gas and coal.

And yes, digging holes in the ground and bring up fuels is cheaper than solar and wind farms. That may change in the future, but we're not there yet.

And a car that can't get me where I need to go, does me no good.

Right this second, I've got about 3 feet of snow burying my street. Plows can't get through, but I can in my Jeep.

Show me an electric car that would do that.

Do you drive 300 km a day? No? Then the electric car is for you.

There arent subsidies for oil and gas seriously? Do you want to go down that route? Ill give you one more chance to back out.

The Tesla X can change its road clearance and has AWD. No its not as good as off roading as a JEEP. But a JEEP is a purpose build car. Were not there yet in the electric car industry. But a jeep can be easily electrified and perform the same.

Its not the engine that gets you out of snow. Its the tires, AWD system and road clearance which has nothing to do with whether or not the car is electric or combustion