Health care is a human right, not a privilege

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is where you liberrhoids seem to be totally confused and why you can't understand the role government plays in the lives of people.

First, we don't have a nation in which there are "collective rights". Our rights are INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

When you have INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, then you are free to pursue those rights all by yourself, with the role of government being to PROTECT those rights ONLY.

It;s NOT A ROLE OF OUR GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE THOSE RIGHTS, but only to assure you can freely EXERCISE THEM.

YOU have a right to own property from which the FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR provides the means in which you are free to buy and sell at will. Government DOES NOT have any obligation nor legal authority to provide either the MEANS or the PROPERTY should you desire to exercise that right.

You have the right to life. But a role of government is to PROTECT your right to live it as you desire within the laws of this nation, and from that you are free to pursue any occupation, avocation, or business interest you may desire (legally). BUT the role of government does NOT provide you any of that. Your health is a part of your life and it is YOUR right to protect it and provide for it as you see fit or not.

BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO FORCE SOMEONE TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR LIFE NEEDS. If you did, you would then have the right to "forced servitude" and you don't have that right ever. NOR does government have the legal right to force someone into servitude either.

Under the terms of "individual rights", you are free to obtain whatever you are able to obtain, with your own means, your own pursuit of your life needs- be it food, shelter, clothing or health care. And yes, there is inequities in what the end result may be, however, the INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS to obtain as much as possible is still available to EVERYONE. It's called "equal opportunity" and always, the results ARE GOING TO BE UNEQUAL.

If you want "equality" for all, then you are left with but ONE OPTION and that is forced servitude for all as well. AND it requires "government provided" rights of which GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE OR GIVE AT WILL. Since YOUR RIGHTS are neither derived BY government or to be TAKEN by government, then you are left with deciding which it is you want the most.

And until you liberrhoids actually understand where your RIGHTS come from, you have NO CLUE why it is that CONSERVATIVES are not your enemy, but GOVERNMENT IS.

As long as you desire government to "provide for your rights" to ANYTHING, you are going to find that the PROMISE of protection of those INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS will disappear totally not only for YOU, but for your posterity as well.

I am not trying to force someone to pay for my needs. I am asking my government to assure that I get the best health care for the lowest cost. Obama tried to do something.. parts of it aren't working.

Repukicons don't have a plan and can't come up with one.

The ONLY way government can do that is by......

FORCING someone to forfeit THEIR individual rights.

That seems to be the part you liberrhoids struggle to understand.

There doesn't NEED to be any "plan" once you get GOVERNMENT out of the way. The FREE MARKET and the pursuit of each individual's RIGHTS will correctly come up with the PRICING of affordable health care. You can't sell something no one can afford to buy.

I don't really know if calling health care as a "right" is semantically correct. All I know is Canadians are really happy with the service they receive from their government. Health Insurance executives here have one bottom line.. their own. Canada makes the patient their bottom line.

Canada uses the United States Healthcare system to supplement their own, because they can't afford to build enough hospitals or have enough doctors and nurses.

What are those Canadian sheep going to do when our healthcare system mirrors theirs, and can't support them anymore?

OR IS IT?

If it isn't a Right, should we end VA Care? Where do we get this Right for vets?

Should we end Government employee care, such as Congress and others? They have no Right to health care.

Isn't this the vocabulary of a spoon fed brat? If "I" don't get it, nobody else can have it?

Instinctive navigation while simultaneously spaced apart here is what everyone is conceived with, the idea of humans having the right to ignore the self evident results in plain sight is everything they learned after birth. So you can play freemason politically born again or spiritually born again by choosing to hope now isn't eternity and either way you create an Eternal Hell governed by doubt, suspicion, corruption of self evident results ancestrally until everyone understands or the species eliminates itself from the food chain.

I am not trying to force someone to pay for my needs. I am asking my government to assure that I get the best health care for the lowest cost. Obama tried to do something.. parts of it aren't working.

That is not the responsibility of the government. It is up to you to decide what you are willing to pay for something and set your own financial priorities. If the coverage you want cost more than you have available then YOU need to cut YOUR spending on other things so there is enough of YOUR MONEY to purchase what you need or want.

Here is where you liberrhoids seem to be totally confused and why you can't understand the role government plays in the lives of people.

First, we don't have a nation in which there are "collective rights". Our rights are INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

When you have INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, then you are free to pursue those rights all by yourself, with the role of government being to PROTECT those rights ONLY.

It;s NOT A ROLE OF OUR GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE THOSE RIGHTS, but only to assure you can freely EXERCISE THEM.

YOU have a right to own property from which the FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR provides the means in which you are free to buy and sell at will. Government DOES NOT have any obligation nor legal authority to provide either the MEANS or the PROPERTY should you desire to exercise that right.

You have the right to life. But a role of government is to PROTECT your right to live it as you desire within the laws of this nation, and from that you are free to pursue any occupation, avocation, or business interest you may desire (legally). BUT the role of government does NOT provide you any of that. Your health is a part of your life and it is YOUR right to protect it and provide for it as you see fit or not.

BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO FORCE SOMEONE TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR LIFE NEEDS. If you did, you would then have the right to "forced servitude" and you don't have that right ever. NOR does government have the legal right to force someone into servitude either.

Under the terms of "individual rights", you are free to obtain whatever you are able to obtain, with your own means, your own pursuit of your life needs- be it food, shelter, clothing or health care. And yes, there is inequities in what the end result may be, however, the INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS to obtain as much as possible is still available to EVERYONE. It's called "equal opportunity" and always, the results ARE GOING TO BE UNEQUAL.

If you want "equality" for all, then you are left with but ONE OPTION and that is forced servitude for all as well. AND it requires "government provided" rights of which GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE OR GIVE AT WILL. Since YOUR RIGHTS are neither derived BY government or to be TAKEN by government, then you are left with deciding which it is you want the most.

And until you liberrhoids actually understand where your RIGHTS come from, you have NO CLUE why it is that CONSERVATIVES are not your enemy, but GOVERNMENT IS.

As long as you desire government to "provide for your rights" to ANYTHING, you are going to find that the PROMISE of protection of those INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS will disappear totally not only for YOU, but for your posterity as well.

LIFE

A RIGHT TO LIFE

YOU HATE YOUR FELLOW MAN

MOVE

I don't really know if calling health care as a "right" is semantically correct. All I know is Canadians are really happy with the service they receive from their government. Health Insurance executives here have one bottom line.. their own. Canada makes the patient their bottom line.

Canada also decides who gets healthcare.

Canadians, including their leaders, will come to the US if they can't get the care they want, or get it in time.

From 2010... "Canadian Politician Comes to U.S. for Heart Surgery

The top politician in Canada's easternmost province has set off fireworks by deciding to go to the U.S. for heart surgery."

"The disclosure Tuesday that Williams was in an undisclosed location in the U.S., having an undisclosed procedure that he couldn't get in Newfoundland, brought catcalls from both sides of the border."

OR IS IT?

If it isn't a Right, should we end VA Care? Where do we get this Right for vets?

Should we end Government employee care, such as Congress and others? They have no Right to health care.

Care for veterans is not a 'right', it is something they EARNED by serving their country.

Similiar thing with health insurance for members of congress and those who work for the govt., they just shouldn't get it for life after their service.

Wilkes Barre Labor Council and Two USW Locals Endorse HR 676

The Greater Wilkes Barre Labor Council and two United Steelworkers locals in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, have endorsed Congressman John Conyers’ HR 676, national single payer health care legislation, Expanded and Improved Medicare for All.

The Labor Council, comprised of 47 locals from 28 unions representing 10,000 members, endorsed HR 676 at their monthly meeting on December 22, 2016, becoming the 152nd central labor council to take this action.

The two USW locals together have more than 1,650 members. USW Local 5652, an amalgamated local, represents workers in a variety of jobs including making shelving and heating cabinets for restaurants, manufacturing gears for airplanes, repairing utility trucks, and working at a correspondence school.

USW Local 15253 represents workers who do heavy highway construction from the Maryland border to the New York border and from the New Jersey border to the middle of Pennsylvania.

William Herbert, Treasurer of Local 5652 said “We’ve been getting ripped off by insurance companies.” He told of the crises faced by even heart attack patients who are confronted with demands for up front payments as high as $1,700. Herbert worked successfully to get his Congressperson, Matt Cartwright, to sign on to HR 676.

Herbert made the following statement on behalf of his local:

“USW Local 5652 passed a resolution calling on Congress to pass H.R. 676. For too long the insurance and pharmaceutical industries have been charging outrageous prices for their products. The bill would extend Medicare to everyone and eliminate co-pays and deductibles. We feel that this is the only way to insure health care for all Americans. If this bill passed, we would no longer need to negotiate for health care in our contracts. If an employee gets laid off his insurance would continue at the same level. We urge all Americans to call their Representatives in Congress and the Senate and ask them to pass H.R. 676.”

The HR 676 endorsement resolutions were signed by President Dave Brandt of Local 5652 and President Joseph M. Padavan of Local 15253. Padavan is also president of the Greater Wilkes Barre Labor Council.

Issued by:

Kay Tillow, Coordinator

All Unions Committee for Single Payer Health Care--HR 676
c/o Nurses Professional Organization (NPO)
1169 Eastern Parkway, Suite 2218
Louisville, KY 40217
(502) 636 1551

Email: nursenpo@aol.com
http://unionsforsinglepayer.org
https://www.facebook.com/unionsforsinglepayer

HR 676 would institute a single payer health care system by expanding a
greatly improved Medicare to everyone residing in the U. S. Patients will
choose their own physicians and hospitals.

HR 676 would cover every person for all necessary medical care including
prescription drugs, hospital, surgical, outpatient services, primary and
preventive care, emergency services, dental (including oral surgery,
periodontics, endodontics), mental health, home health, physical therapy,
rehabilitation (including for substance abuse), vision care and correction,
hearing services including hearing aids, chiropractic, durable medical
equipment, palliative care, podiatric care, and long term care.

HR 676 ends deductibles and co-payments. HR 676 would save hundreds of
billions annually by eliminating the high overhead and profits of the
private health insurance industry.

In the current Congress, HR 676 has 62 co-sponsors in addition to
Congressman Conyers.

HR 676 has been endorsed by 627 union organizations including 152 Central
Labor Councils/Area Labor Federations and 44 state AFL-CIO's (KY, PA, CT,
OH, DE, ND, WA, SC, WY, VT, FL, WI, WV, SD, NC, MO, MN, ME, AR, MD-DC, TX,
IA, AZ, TN, OR, GA, OK, KS, CO, IN, AL, CA, AK, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NY, NV, MA,
RI, NH, ID).

The list of union endorsers.

The sample endorsement resolution.

01/04/17

Health care is not a right. Health insurance is not a right. Healthcare for veterans is a contract between the Gov. and people who are willing to give their lives for the country. Go to a Veterans hospital and see the mentally and physically busted up veterans with service connected disability and you may understand. It is only a brain dead libber that would even ask a question like this. For the most part libber elites despise veterans. Kerry said to the youth that they should study or they could wind up in Iraq. Libbers would love to deny care to a person who was DRAFTED and wounded in Vietnam. Recent Veterans are dying because of lack of care by oblameo and the dems. I know libbers will say Bush caused it. oblameo had 8 YEARS to help the veterans and did little to nothing. Dems do not like veterans. Trump will straighten out the VA.

LIFE

A RIGHT TO LIFE

YOU HATE YOUR FELLOW MAN

MOVE

Sorry that you suck at reality.

I don't hate "my fellow man", but I sure as HELL will stand up for his INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to make his OWN CHOICES in life.

Far more than you liberrhoids will ever do.

You are fine with TAKING the rights of others to fulfill your own little utopia that is in reality is NEVER going to work.

It's fine with you that government DICTATES your health care when the reality is, it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to provide YOUR OWN.

If you choose- see that word again- what you want to do WITH that responsibility, you have a FREE NATION. When you FORCE GOVERNMENT to dictate what you will do, you have a TYRANNY and DICTATORSHIP.

So tell us WHO hates WHO again.

What I SUPPORT FULLY is that YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE HOWEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH CARE NEEDS and it's NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY to provide a FUCKING THING YOU CAN PROVIDE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO. NOR IS IT MY RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PROVIDE MINE EITHER!!!

Sadly, that's where YOUR IDEOLOGY FAILS YOU MISERABLY, MORON.

VA hospitals exist because collectively, veterans, even those that played third coronet in the Marine Band, deserved health care.

Congresspeople, judges, social security and all other government employees have health care because Congress that passed the law to pay foe it and presidents who signed the bill thought that those people had a collective right to heath care.

So your argument is FEEBLE and BOGUS. The reality is that you disagree about who should collectively be a part of the groups that should have health care.

VA hospitals exist because collectively, veterans, even those that played third coronet in the Marine Band, deserved health care.

Congresspeople, judges, social security and all other government employees have health care because Congress that passed the law to pay foe it and presidents who signed the bill thought that those people had a collective right to heath care.

So your argument is FEEBLE and BOGUS. The reality is that you disagree about who should collectively be a part of the groups that should have health care.

You have no "right" to free government healthcare.

That's because we don't want one Asshole!!!!

The essential feature of Leftism is that they think they have the right to tell other people what to do.