Militia

native

Constitution says its necessary for the security of a free state

Senate judiciary committee came to the conclusion that the National Guard is NOT the militia

All 50 states are supposed to have a militia, yet militia are demonized, especially by the leftists

Its time we started following the constitution and had some well funded, well trained militia in all 50 states

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Militias were disbanded after the Civil War. The Freeman's bureau, an arm of the Republican-dominated government forced the disbanding after the end of the Civil War. The militias in the South mostly became part of the Confederate Army. Those that did not join the CSA Army were patrollers used to round up escaped slaves and CSA Army deserters. One example of this is shown in the novel "Cold Mountain" for which the author did extensive research.

In the North, the militias went off to fight for the Union, and the usual arrangement was that no one was forced to remain in the militia for over a year. Congress passed a law requiring them to remain in the Army as regular soldiers, and of course, this was unconstitutional and illegal and after the Civil War, no one in the North wanted to restore the militias again. So after 1865 militias disappeared. They were exceedingly unpopular in the North and illegal in the South. What remained of then in the South became illegal groups like the Klan or the Knights of the White Camilla, and their primary function was to terrorize ex slaves into exercising their rights.

One must forgive native for being so ignorant. His knowledge about the history of this country approximates diddly-squat.

The National Guard seems to be the closest thing to a local or state militia that we have today.

We will never restore local militias to what they were when the Constitution was adopted. They were useful in the War of 1812, somewhat useful in the Mexican War and were abandoned after the Civil War.

Local groups that call themselves "militias" are just groups of clowns who like to pretend they are constitutional militias, but they have no legal authority, nor should they be accorded any.

Militias were disbanded after the Civil War. The Freeman's bureau, an arm of the Republican-dominated government forced the disbanding after the end of the Civil War. The militias in the South mostly became part of the Confederate Army. Those that did not join the CSA Army were patrollers used to round up escaped slaves and CSA Army deserters. One example of this is shown in the novel "Cold Mountain" for which the author did extensive research.

In the North, the militias went off to fight for the Union, and the usual arrangement was that no one was forced to remain in the militia for over a year. Congress passed a law requiring them to remain in the Army as regular soldiers, and of course, this was unconstitutional and illegal and after the Civil War, no one in the North wanted to restore the militias again. So after 1865 militias disappeared. They were exceedingly unpopular in the North and illegal in the South. What remained of then in the South became illegal groups like the Klan or the Knights of the White Camilla, and their primary function was to terrorize ex slaves into exercising their rights.

One must forgive native for being so ignorant. His knowledge about the history of this country approximates diddly-squat.

The National Guard seems to be the closest thing to a local or state militia that we have today.

We will never restore local militias to what they were when the Constitution was adopted. They were useful in the War of 1812, somewhat useful in the Mexican War and were abandoned after the Civil War.

Local groups that call themselves "militias" are just groups of clowns who like to pretend they are constitutional militias, but they have no legal authority, nor should they be accorded any.

senate says guard is not the militia

All you do is lie Xavier

What's it like to run around trolling and lying all day?

You were a teacher?

Did you lie to your students too?

Or do you save your lies for politics?

The Supreme Court would be the authority on this, not the Senate.

It is not the function of the Senate to define the Constitution. The Constitution is clear on whom defines the Constitution.

I agree that the National Guard does not seem to fit the definition of militia in the Constitution.'

It is, however the CLOSEST THING.

Can you name anything that exists that us closer?

Certainly not the militia that Tim McVeigh fooled around with. They were a Gun and Camo Enthusiast group. Must like I imagine you would join if you wanted to be a man of action, rather than an ignorant pretend Constitutional "expert".

All you do is lie Xavier

NOTHING I HAVE POSTED IS ANY SORT OF LIE!

What I do is basically identifying and refuting fools and trolls and demented individuals such as those that lurk in your mirrors.

You were a teacher?

I was a college professor for 40 years.

Again, I taught the Spanish language and Hispanic literatures.

Again I do not lie, I am a student of history. I know stuff, and you do not.

The Supreme Court would be the authority on this, not the Senate.

It is not the function of the Senate to define the Constitution. The Constitution is clear on whom defines the Constitution.

I agree that the National Guard does not seem to fit the definition of militia in the Constitution.'

It is, however the CLOSEST THING.

Can you name anything that exists that us closer?

Certainly not the militia that Tim McVeigh fooled around with. They were a Gun and Camo Enthusiast group. Must like I imagine you would join if you wanted to be a man of action, rather than an ignorant pretend Constitutional "expert".

All you do is lie Xavier

What I do is basically identifying and refuting fools and trolls and demented individuals such as those that lurk in your mirrors.

You were a teacher?

I was a college professor for 40 years.

Again, I taught the Spanish language and Hispanic literatures.

Again I do not lie, I am a student of history. I know stuff, and you do not.

student of history?????

Haaaaaaaa

Then you should know the guard isn't the militia and that the militia was deemed NECESSARY

You point to some hick that says he is a navy general because he has a bass boat, like he is what the militia was

You aren't capable of discussion Xavier

Just stop already

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

For the purpose of being able to form a well trained and armed militia to protect freedom against foreign and domestic threats, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be absolute.

89073f76b8149952ed0e12c13ec3d78c.jpg

Too simple for the simple minded.

kj

The NRA is not a "well-regulated" militia.

It is a well organized group of a nondemocratically organized individuals who have found a way to get handsomely paid by gun owning fanatics and weapons manufacturers for telling them that they are guardians of the nation rather than fanatical simpletons.

\

There is no version of the militias as referred to in the Constitution in existence in this country today. Nor could the nation be defended by them if they were. The militias worked fairly well in the War of 1812 against a small bunch of Brits and Canadians, and less well against the Mexicans in 1846-48, a much longer war.

Constitution says its necessary for the security of a free state

Senate judiciary committee came to the conclusion that the National Guard is NOT the militia

All 50 states are supposed to have a militia, yet militia are demonized, especially by the leftists

Its time we started following the constitution and had some well funded, well trained militia in all 50 states

And who is regulating them, as required by the Constitution?

For the purpose of being able to form a well trained and armed militia to protect freedom against foreign and domestic threats, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be absolute.

kj

So if a kid with inclination to make a bioweapon in his basement lived next to you, The absolute right to bear arms would be ok with you?

Might as well give up Native. You will never win a debate with Xavier. He is more articulate and educated than you are.

lol

In other words he lies and makes shit up

Watch...not once will he show that the constitution doesn't call for militias

Not once will he refute anything

Its fun

state level

Militias were disbanded after the Civil War.

^^ Dumbass.

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF IDAHO

APPROVED JULY 3, 1890

ARTICLE XIV

MILITIA

SECTION 1. PERSONS SUBJECT TO MILITARY DUTY. All able-bodied male persons, residents of this state, between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years, shall be enrolled in the militia, and perform such military duty as may be required by law; but no person having conscientious scruples against bearing arms, shall be compelled to perform such duty in time of peace. Every person claiming such exemption from service, shall, in lieu thereof, pay into the school fund of the county of which he may be a resident, an equivalent in money, the amount and manner of payment to be fixed by law.

SECTION 2. LEGISLATURE TO PROVIDE FOR ENROLMENT OF MILITIA. The legislature shall provide by law for the enrolment, equipment and discipline of the militia, to conform as nearly as practicable to the regulations for the government of the armies of the United States, and pass such laws to promote volunteer organizations as may afford them effectual encouragement.

SECTION 3. SELECTION AND COMMISSION OF OFFICERS. All militia officers shall be commissioned by the governor, the manner of their selection to be provided by law, and may hold their commissions for such period of time as the legislature may provide.

SECTION 4. PRESERVATION OF RECORDS, BANNERS, AND RELICS. All military records, banners, and relics of the state, except when in lawful use, shall be preserved in the office of the adjutant general as an enduring memorial of the patriotism and valor of the soldiers of Idaho; and it shall be the duty of the legislature to provide by law for the safekeeping of the same.

SECTION 5. NATIONAL AND STATE FLAGS ONLY TO BE CARRIED. All military organizations under the laws of this state shall carry no other device, banner or flag, than that of the United States or the state of Idaho.

SECTION 6. IMPORTATION OF ARMED FORCES PROHIBITED. No armed police force, or detective agency, or armed body of men, shall ever be brought into this state for the suppression of domestic violence except upon the application of the legislature, or the executive, when the legislature can not be convened.

And the Idaho State Militia was recently expanded to include women of the same ages.

Your State. Read your State Constitution.

Read this carefully. It says that the government is barred from preventing the people to keep and bear arms so that they can serve in a well-regulated militia. It in no way REQUIRES that the people create militias. It makes no provision for how militias be created or how the militia be well-regulated.

It does not say that this shall be the ONLY way that the country be defended: it only says that the people can form a well regulated militia and that they can bear arms as a member of such a militia.

I don't recall that the government has ever demanded that anything calling itself a militia be disbanded. Does anyone recall hearing about that?

If there are no militias at all, the Constitution is not being violated in any way. Militias are POSSIBLE and people can form them without the governement preventing them from doing so.

That is what the Second Amendment says.

Of course, the government lacked the means to disarm the citizens in 1789. Militias were used in the South mainly to put down and serve as a deterrent to slave rebellions and to return escaped slaves to their masters. The press in this period often described slave rebellions in the Caribbean in great and gory detail. Nat Turner was captured by a local militia. In Missouriu, some militias were enlisted to fight the Mormons, and the Mormons left the state because of fear of local militias and they settled across the river, in Illinois, a free state.

No, but it is a half truth. The Senate does not determine what is or is not a militia by itself.

The Supreme Court has disagreed with you.

Does that mean you're intentionally lying here? Yes.

I have. Didn't mention militias. What state regulates militias? Never heard of it.

I just showed you my State's Constitution, where it defines who belongs to the militia here, and then it falls to the State legislature to provide the governing regulations.

Read this carefully. It says that the government is barred from preventing the people to keep and bear arms so that they can serve in a well-regulated militia. It in no way REQUIRES that the people create militias. It makes no provision for how militias be created or how the militia be well-regulated.

It does not say that this shall be the ONLY way that the country be defended: it only says that the people can form a well regulated militia and that they can bear arms as a member of such a militia.

I don't recall that the government has ever demanded that anything calling itself a militia be disbanded. Does anyone recall hearing about that?

The Founders specifically saw the militias as a State's defense against the Federal Government and a standing federal military.

You DID know this, didn't you?

We are proud to lead a fine. well-armed militia of decent, clean, moral, Caucasian patriots who are sworn to Make America Great Again.

Exactly what that means for writhing turdskin buhboys, smelly buffalinas, border-jumping cucarachas, cowardly unclean disciples of the pagan idol Al'la, jism-eating queers, hairy-faced old bulldykes, and America-hating pukeleft scuzzies will be made abundantly clear to those of them that are still infesting our great nation as of January 20.

God help those despicable wretches one and all!!!!!!!!!

Know what we mean?

The Founders specifically saw the militias as a State's defense against the Federal Government and a standing federal military.

You DID know this, didn't you?

The Southerners feared the Northerners and vice versa from the git-go. Slavery was always an issue. Many Northerners wanted to abolish it entirely.

After the Dred Scott Decision,the Southerners wanted to impose it on the entire nation.

Regardless of what the Founders had in mind, there was not a single case in which any militia ever fought against the national army in any confrontation.