2016 Hottest Year On Record

A new report finds climate change is likely impacting hurricane season in two contradictory ways.

The new research was published this week in Nature Climate Change by Florida State georgraphy professor Jim Elsner and Namyoung Kang, deputy director of the National Typhoon Center in South Korea. The study finds that warmer ocean temperatures, caused by climate change, may be fueling stronger hurricanes, while at the same time, creating fewer storms.

We're seeing fewer hurricanes, but the ones we do see are more intense," Elsner said. "When one comes, all hell can break loose."

In order for a tropical disturbance to develop, the conditions need to be just right. While that includes a moist and unstable atmosphere, as well as weak vertical wind shear, ocean temperatures are also very important. Sea-surface temperatures need to be warm -- usually greater than 80 degrees -- therefore, those warmer oceans would allow for stronger hurricanes and typhoons.

A new report finds climate change is likely impacting hurricane season in two contradictory ways.

The new research was published this week in Nature Climate Change by Florida State georgraphy professor Jim Elsner and Namyoung Kang, deputy director of the National Typhoon Center in South Korea. The study finds that warmer ocean temperatures, caused by climate change, may be fueling stronger hurricanes, while at the same time, creating fewer storms.

We're seeing fewer hurricanes, but the ones we do see are more intense," Elsner said. "When one comes, all hell can break loose."

In order for a tropical disturbance to develop, the conditions need to be just right. While that includes a moist and unstable atmosphere, as well as weak vertical wind shear, ocean temperatures are also very important. Sea-surface temperatures need to be warm -- usually greater than 80 degrees -- therefore, those warmer oceans would allow for stronger hurricanes and typhoons.

I remember when you were claiming global warming was going to create hundreds of hurricanes every year. Quick post a few pictures of a lake drying up. Oh wait, you are so stupid you don't know how to post pictures. My bad, carry on.

I remember when you were claiming global warming was going to create hundreds of hurricanes every year. Quick post a few pictures of a lake drying up. Oh wait, you are so stupid you don't know how to post pictures. My bad, carry on.

Yeah well, you know the libberidiots will twist observations into whatever prediction suits their crisis de jour.

alGore was....wrong. Climate change is indeed happening. It's the people who continue to make consistently incorrect, dire predictions who are to be scrutinized.

Yes, climate change is happening. As far as we can tell it's been happening for billions of years.

My questions about global warming's impact is more based on the failed predictions made by scientist involved in the study.

Gore predicted countless hurricanes. It never happened.

Actually the opposite happened.

"Experts" predicted the England would never see a snow storm ever again.

The same winter they had a massive blizzard.

They change the goal post and things got so bad they even changed the name

benny runs when cow farts were first blamed for global warming. The story changes daily

My biggest issue is the "experts" have been wrong so many times...

There's a long list of Gore predictions that never happened..

then they find an iceberg melting and CNN has a hour long special on it...

How about the hurricanes we were promised?

The same scientists predicted a coming ice age

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

The scientists predicted an ice age in the 1970's...

I remember it was on the cover of TIME

My biggest issue is the "experts" have been wrong so many times...

There's a long list of Gore predictions that never happened..

then they find an iceberg melting and CNN has a hour long special on it...

How about the hurricanes we were promised?

The scientists predicted an ice age in the 1970's...

I remember it was on the cover of TIME

I know what you mean. Benny said after Katrina we could expect more than a 100 hurricanes a year. He even said Bush caused Katrina and could have prevented it. Of course those where the low info talking points at that time.

Yeah well, you know the libberidiots will twist observations into whatever prediction suits their crisis de jour.

Yes, climate change is happening. As far as we can tell it's been happening for billions of years.

Indeed. What is less clear is the impact human activity is having and if it is truly detrimental, and to what extent.

Indeed. What is less clear is the impact human activity is having and if it is truly detrimental, and to what extent.

Agreed but I don't like wasting trillion$ my grandkids will have to repay China to further the alt-left radical apologist nuts that want us to believe white industrial commerce is destroying the planet, when all they really want to do is cripple the capitalist marketplace so they can force their progressive bullshit agenda down our throats.

The Pentagon says GW/Climate Change is out Biggest Threat

1. Pentagon Signals Security Risks of Climate Change - The New York...
    www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/us/pentagon-says-global-w...

Oct 13, 2014 ... The report lays out a road map to show how the military will adapt to rising sea levels, ... Before, the Pentagon's response to climate change focused chiefly on ... The Pentagon's increased emphasis on the national security threats of ... Paris, that would require the world's largest producers of planet-warming ...

2. Military experts say climate change poses 'significant risk' to...
    www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/14/military...

Sep 14, 2016 ... The Pentagon ordered its officials in January to start incorporateing climate ... Last year, the Department of Defense called climate change a “threat multiplier” ... “When we distract our military with a radical climate change agenda, we .... did very well out of sabotaging efforts to address the massive health ...

3. Pentagon orders commanders to prioritize climate change in all...
    www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/7/pentagon-orders-comm...

Feb 7, 2016 ... It says the military will not be able to maintain effectiveness unless the ... ThePentagon defines resilience to climate change as: “Ability to ... that global warming is the country's foremost national security threat, or close to it.

4. DoD Releases Report on Security Implications of Climate Change...
    www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710

Jul 29, 2015 ... Global climate change will aggravate problems such as poverty, social ... institutions that threaten stability in a number of countries, a Defense ... The report finds that climate change is a security risk, Pentagon officials said, ...

5. Pentagon Report: U.S. Military Considers Climate Change a 'Threat...
    www.newsweek.com/pentagon-report-us-military-considers-clima...

Oct 14, 2014 ... Climate change, the Pentagon writes, requires immediate action on the ... which houses the largest concentration of US military sites in the ... on climate change and international affairs at George Washington ... For those who still doubt the science of climate change, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel says ...

6. Immediate Risk to National Security Posed by Global Warming ...
    www.scientificamerican.com/article/immediate-risk-to...

Oct 14, 2014 ... A new Pentagon report declares climate change to be a threat multiplier. ... The United States, it says, must also be alert to how climate change could leave ... Conservatives used Twitter to lash out at the plan and criticized the ...

7. Pentagon: Climate change a national security threat | TheHill
    thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/220575-pentagon-unveil...

Oct 13, 2014 ... The Pentagon calls climate change a "threat multiplier" in new "adaptation ... Russia rules out terrorism in plane crash ... The report says instability created in other countries due to a lack of food ..... Trump's 10 biggest allies in.

8. Why the GOP is trying to stop the Pentagon's climate plan -...
    www.politico.com/agenda/story/2016/06/republicans-trying-to-...

Jun 23, 2016 ... But when it comes to coping with climate change, the largest federal ... threats, figure out ways to protect against these threats,” he said.

9. Pentagon says global warming increases terrorism threat | News...
    www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2014/10/13/pentagon-says-global...

Oct 13, 2014 ... Pentagon has released a report that says global warming presents an ... that climate change poses an immediate threat to national security, with increased ... The report lays out a road map for how the military will adapt to rising ... on climate change and international affairs at George Washington University.

10. Climate change far more than an environmental issue
    www.desertsun.com/story/news/environment/2016/04/13/climate-...

Apr 14, 2016 ... Global warming is already harming human health, the economy and ... of why thePentagon considers climate change a national security "threat multiplier." ... Agricultural workers face some of the greatest risks, she said, .... Marcus King — an international affairs professor at George Washington University, ...

I know what you mean. Benny said after Katrina we could expect more than a 100 hurricanes a year. He even said Bush caused Katrina and could have prevented it. Of course those where the low info talking points at that time.

I'm not a scientist.....

So I listen to them and they're wrong so many times I'm now suspicious...

Benson said Clinton would get 400 electoral votes...

Also, predicted she would win by 15 points....

Then he predicted Wall Street would collapse under Trump...

And he's lecturing us on Global Warming?