Subterfuge

TheOldBarn

I think that was the word of the day on the first day of the Cold War

Tell them what we got, don't tell them what our own people think.

What do our own people think? Which ones, the ones the segregated ones

What truth, what free fourth estate,

upon the Animal Farm

Is it Angola, is it Vietnam, is it Algeria

Which way is true West?

That's what you want to know. Who stole the secret

threat, and what exactly did they learn from it,

were all parcels of the sacred knowledge exactly equal,

Did anything change regarding how wars were fought

for the people that were caught up in the middle

much

And did anybody get a chance to serve in the intelligence

service and tell you all they knew

Maybe they were a scientific type

brought into service because they gave a damn

Or maybe they were driven into service by the love

of the perfect women

maybe they were lesbian

maybe they were a lesbian

born in a mans body who only

wanted to become a priest

instead of just an ordinary nun

Peace!

​There's a lot going on here about what we do in the name of freedom from espionage, to war , and all our internal contradictions at home amid efforts project U.S. power abroad. I like how you write about it. We have so much to do making things better at home and yet we can't close our eyes to the problems abroad. We shouldn't wage unjust unnecessary wars but there are those from Radical Islam to North Korea who don't want peace or anything good for their own people, neighbors, or us. But it's impossible to imagine us being strong and united under the Trump Presidency.

• bullshit 1

​There's a lot going on here about what we do in the name of freedom from espionage, to war , and all our internal contradictions at home amid efforts project U.S. power abroad. I like how you write about it. We have so much to do making things better at home and yet we can't close our eyes to the problems abroad. We shouldn't wage unjust unnecessary wars but there are those from Radical Islam to North Korea who don't want peace or anything good for their own people, neighbors, or us. But it's impossible to imagine us being strong and united under the Trump Presidency.

yes, it is a truly scary thought, the Trump presidency part. He is like the cat out of the bag part, that's kind of what I meant in my poem, only now he's the leader of the executive branch that nominates judges and negotiates with friend and foe. His obvious racist overtones, his use of fake news, and his utter disdain for journalist seeking to show truth and uncover fact amid his fake illusory recollections of falsehood that he heard somewhere by someone close he seems to know and for the time being still has respect for, for whatever that means..

Peace!

I should point out this is in the abstract, meant to be a perception you can't put your finger on. why, why would a lesbian say born in a male body wish to be a priest instead of an ordinary nun? It makes no sense if you read it literally, yet it makes sense if you think in the abstract about an absolute opposite ideal. It is subterfuge like a Picasso painting saying a lot and all the while not saying anything, yet it draws connections somehow, or, quite possibly it does not.

Then you casually mention a few conflicts from a couple of nation states, say three, and then you imagine their outcomes each one. All the time being very selective yet purposely and for a reason.

Peace!