CIA Says Russians did assist Tramp Win

shintao

CIA Concludes Russian Interference Aimed To Elect Trump

The CIA has concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election specifically to help Donald Trump win the presidency, a U.S. official has confirmed to NPR.

"Before, there was confidence about the fact that Russia interfered," the official says. "But there was low confidence on what the direction and intentionality of the interference was. Now they [the CIA] have come to the conclusion that Russia was trying to tip the election to Trump."

The official adds: "The reason the assessment changed is that new information became available" since Oct. 7, when the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence released a joint statement accusing Russia of interfering with the American election process.

The Washington Post first reported the CIA's new assessment on Friday.

In addition to hacking into Democratic organizations, Russians hacked the Republican National Committee's computer systems, according to a separate report from The New York Times — but they did not release any information that might have been retrieved from Republican networks.

"Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials," the Post reports. "Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton's chances."

Citing anonymous officials briefed on the issue, the Post says the CIA shared its findings with senators in a closed-door briefing last week, saying it was now "quite clear" that Russia's goal was to tip the presidency in Trump's favor:

" 'It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia's goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,' said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. 'That's the consensus view.' "

In a previous assessment, CIA officials had thought Russians intervened with the intention of undermining Americans' electoral system, Adam Entous, one of the Post story's reporters, tells NPR's Scott Simon.

"I'm sure they're going to declassify some elements of the report and I'm sure there will be leaks," he adds, but the Obama administration can't disclose the full details of the case, because it would be "compromising what's known as 'sources and methods,' which would then make it harder for the CIA and the NSA and other spy agencies to get more information in the future."

Obama administration leaves power. "It's still being discussed exactly what to do. And as we've said before, some of it you may see and some of it you will not."

Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, says the response from President-elect Donald Trump is "very misguided."

"When you have strong evidence that a foreign power has interfered with the American election, with American institutions, then what you do is keep digging. You get all the facts out," Wyden says. "You respond to the American people with the kind of information that they have a right to know."

He also advocates releasing more information on the cyberattacks.

"I do believe there is important information that the American people have a right to know. It ought to be declassified promptly."

"It's very important that the American public knows what happened, not necessarily to re-litigate this election, but to look forward," says Sen. Angus King, an independent senator from Maine. "What worries me is the extent to which this is an ongoing pattern — which, by the way, is the Russians' pattern in other parts of the world.

"And is that going to be the case in our elections? Four years from now, are we going to have the Democrats, the Republicans, the independents and the Russians?" King asks. "I mean, this is very serious stuff."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/10/505072304/cia-concludes-russian-interference-aimed-to-elect-trump

Cr2_4bxUMAA56xU_zps1tdm1tgn.jpg

The article said the NYTimes "reported" the RNC was hacked. That has been unequivocally denied by Priebus. Then we have the proverbial "unnamed" source and of course obama, who can't release any information.

Why DID NPR waste their time writing an article that basically says nothing. An article about not being the victim of phishing expeditions would have been more useful.

"Then we have the proverbial "unnamed" source and of course obama, who can't release any information"

Its espionage by Russia, headed by an X KBG official...do you really want Pres Obama to fill you in on top secret details of the hows and whys?

Face it...EVERYONE in America is the gops Enemy....Except stupid white men

"Then we have the proverbial "unnamed" source and of course obama, who can't release any information"

Its espionage by Russia, headed by an X KBG official...do you really want Pres Obama to fill you in on top secret details of the hows and whys?

mailbox boy, why are you scared to tell us what happened. I have asked you 20 times and you have ran from it as fast as a democrat runs to a welfare check.

Espionage? The dumbass Podesta fell for a phishing lure and he reveals that Hillary cheated Bernie.

We don't need obama to tell us that. We already know.

Hey benson...please tell the thread exactly what the Russians did to help Trump and hurt Hillary.

I'm betting you won't! You will bob and weave like a boxer.

You will not say exactly how Russia effected our election. I guarantee it! :)

sorry...I don't have access to 17 differant Intelligence Agencies that have all this Info

I was right. You dodged my question.

If you say Russia interfered with the election then you must know how it happened.

I know why you dodged my question benson...and you know why too. :)

Its coming....

sure wish you rednecks were as concerned about "Intell" when your AWOL Oil Puppet and "snake" lied us into Iraq vs waving your phony little flags, acting patriotic, and telling the Majority of America to "Move To France"

Still dodging I see...no matter who hacked the dems/Hillary's email accounts, you know exactly why it hurt Hillary but you want to stay far far away from that topic.

benson is officially a chicken for dodging my question.

I guaranteed he would do that, and I was right! :)

I bet you don't care that Obama interfered in an Israeli election. :)

Its coming....

sure wish you rednecks were as concerned about "Intell" when your AWOL Oil Puppet and "snake" lied us into Iraq vs waving your phony little flags, pretending to be patriotic, and telling the Majority of America to "Move To France"

again democrap moocher, why did slick willie attack iraq and why did you cheer it on?

Its coming....

sure wish you rednecks were as concerned about "Intell" when your AWOL Oil Puppet and "snake" lied us into Iraq vs waving your phony little flags, pretending to be patriotic, and telling the Majority of America to "Move To France"

life long moocher and board idiot benny, explain this: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

The party of Watergate, Arming Iraq, Arming Iran, Lying to Congress and Arming the Contras, Creating the Taliban, Creating Al-Qaeda, Lying America and its Allies into Iraq and Creating ISIS, Haliburton, 13 Benghazis, Kenny Boy/Enron Trickle Down, Tax Cuts for the Top 1%, Recessions, Depressions, Foxaganda, Hate Radio, Southern Strategy, Racism....

now denying Russian Hacking,

again democrap moocher, why did slick willie attack iraq and why did you cheer it on?

Good point...Bill Clinton attack Iraq for the same reasons Bush did.

There are many videos on why Bill Clinton attacked Iraq...one of the reasons was WMDs.

What's so damn funny about this is...

It was STUPID PIECES OF SHIT demorrhoids that fell for a spearfishing SCAM and that opened the door into the DNC. More that one person gave them access to their accounts in the scam. AND Podesta also fell for it so they had access to HIS shit too.

NONE of the RNC people fell for it, so there was NO WAY IN for the hackers- whoever they turn out to be.

So basically, you just discovered that the ARROGANT ASSHOLES who had no idea that they were being IDIOTS got hacked, their shit exposed to the world, and SOMEHOW that it Trump's fault???

It's ALWAYS the same shit wiith demorrhoids. They have ZERO online security, they get hacked, and then have to blame someone for their OWN DUMBASS SHIT that caused the problem in the first place.

The party of Watergate, Arming Iraq, Arming Iran, Lying to Congress and Arming the Contras, Creating the Taliban, Creating Al-Qaeda, Lying America and its Allies into Iraq and Creating ISIS, Haliburton, 13 Benghazis, Kenny Boy/Enron Trickle Down, Tax Cuts for the Top 1%, Recessions, Depressions, Foxaganda, Hate Radio, Southern Strategy, Racism....

now denying Russian Hacking,

benson continues to dodge my question...he claims to know that Russia was the hacker, but benson will not say how such hacking could possibly hurt Hillary going into the election.

We all know why...but benson does not want to state it himself...and we all know why. :)

don't worry Pinko....Even your Comrade Tramp will have to aknowledge it soon....very soon

And there you have it folks.

benson is afraid to tell us why hacking Hillary's emails would effect the election and hurt Hillary.

I guaranteed benson would not answer that question...and I was right! :)