Obama Issues Sanctions for Alleged Russian Hacking

TheHeadLiberal

President Obama has taken appropriate action in defense of the United States. Thank you, Mr. President! Russians cannot expect to escape reprisals and didn't.

Obama Issues Sanctions for Alleged Russian Hacking
By Mike Levine, Jack Cloherty, Meghan Keneally and John Parkinson

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/punishment-alleged-russian-hacking-expected-announced-today/story?id=44449518

"President Obama has expelled 35 Russian nationals and sanctioned five Russian entities and four individuals for an alleged cyber assault on Democratic political organizations during the 2016 presidential campaign, the White House announced today."

“I have ordered a number of actions in response to the Russian government’s aggressive harassment of U.S. officials and cyber operations aimed at the U.S. election,” Obama wrote in a statement. “These actions follow repeated private and public warnings that we have issued to the Russian government, and are a necessary and appropriate response to efforts to harm U.S. interests in violation of established international norms of behavior.”

"Obama noted that all Americans “should be alarmed by Russia’s actions” which were designed to “interfere with the U.S. election process.”

What?? That's it??? They get to select the president and a few minor Russians are expelled?? They could end up with Trillions of our dollars and Obama thinks a minor expulsion is meaningful?? Has Trump given Putin the nuclear codes yet?

What?? That's it??? They get to select the president and a few minor Russians are expelled?? They could end up with Trillions of our dollars and Obama thinks a minor expulsion is meaningful?? Has Trump given Putin the nuclear codes yet?

Exactly! They should redo the election and declare this one void because of this. Obama should punch those codes in himself and "give" Putin ALL our nukes and be done with it. This must never happen again!

Unfortunately, holding a new election doesn't seem to be one of our choices according to the Constitution. As it stands, Pence would become President OR Congress would appoint a President. There is one line that states they may choose a President in a manner they choose, so it is *possible* a new election could be called, depending on the scope of that section. But I doubt Congress would go for it.

How can anyone call Trump our president when we know he was selected for us by Putin.

Did I miss something? So far as I know, only Americans cast ballots for Trump. Gullible, reactionary, stupid...whatever adjective you want to use...but 100% American. They knew who did the hacking and they still chose Trump.

Did I miss something? So far as I know, only Americans cast ballots for Trump. Gullible, reactionary, stupid...whatever adjective you want to use...but 100% American. They knew who did the hacking and they still chose Trump.

Yes, you missed something. The election was hacked. As Stalin said, it doesn't matter who you vote for, what matters is who counts the ballots. The ballot counting machines have repeatedly been involved with fraud. They were designed with a back door to change the vote. Perhaps only Americans voted, but in my opinion, there is no way the votes were counted according to the will of the people.

Yes many voted for Trump, but I think that enough votes were switched to allow Trump to take the presidency. Even the selection of the candidates were hacked. I think without that fraud Bernie may have been the democratic candidate. Without the fraud, I think Trump had no chance to become the republican candidate.

The final election was fraudulent. I don't see anything in the constitution that allows for a foreign nation to hack our election and we have to accept the results. Do people really think our constitution requires that we allow Russia to take over America?

Yes, you missed something. The election was hacked. As Stalin said, it doesn't matter who you vote for, what matters is who counts the ballots. The ballot counting machines have repeatedly been involved with fraud. They were designed with a back door to change the vote. Perhaps only Americans voted, but in my opinion, there is no way the votes were counted according to the will of the people.

Yes many voted for Trump, but I think that enough votes were switched to allow Trump to take the presidency. Even the selection of the candidates were hacked. I think without that fraud Bernie may have been the democratic candidate. Without the fraud, I think Trump had no chance to become the republican candidate.

The final election was fraudulent. I don't see anything in the constitution that allows for a foreign nation to hack our election and we have to accept the results. Do people really think our constitution requires that we allow Russia to take over America?

This is likely false but in truth we may never know however unlikely it is.

Just like how many people were kept away from voting because of the Republicans, which is a more valid point to point out at this point. What is at the heart of this cyber attack is the stealing of email data that was released at a critical moment in an almost serendipitous way. Russia has indeed been studying the U.S. very closely mirroring truth in both liberal and conservative camps as seen with RT news. Coincidence is the attack front as is Wikileaks the source the hijacked data was then released to so to prove the leak of the Democratic party was well warranted.

Keep them guessing is the motto and by them, they mean the U.S. public. And did you notice that there was no retaliatory effort by Putin after the Obama administrations actions, instead Putin only delivers a nice greeting card to the U.S. in the spirit of good will, happy new year, he says, we wish you all prosperity with your new President Trump.

Peace!

This is likely false but in truth we may never know however unlikely it is.

Just like how many people were kept away from voting because of the Republicans, which is a more valid point to point out at this point. What is at the heart of this cyber attack is the stealing of email data that was released at a critical moment in an almost serendipitous way. Russia has indeed been studying the U.S. very closely mirroring truth in both liberal and conservative camps as seen with RT news. Coincidence is the attack front as is Wikileaks the source the hijacked data was then released to so to prove the leak of the Democratic party was well warranted.

Keep them guessing is the motto and by them, they mean the U.S. public. And did you notice that there was no retaliatory effort by Putin after the Obama administrations actions, instead Putin only delivers a nice greeting card to the U.S. in the spirit of good will, happy new year, he says, we wish you all prosperity with your new President Trump.

Peace!

We can agree to disagree. There is a lot of evidence, with more coming out every day about the fraudulent election. I saw in the news yesterday that there were only three performers willing to perform at Trump's inauguration; Mormon tabernacle Choir, The Rockettes, and some TV show singer. Both the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the rockettes have performers who quit rather than even appear to support Trump. With no one willing to come forward in support of Trump, it tells me that most people do not approve of his behavior. When most people don't approve and yet it is claimed he won the election red flags come up.

When the results are in question, I see no reason for Obama to hand our government over to Trump. At least postpone the transfer of power until it can be investigated and resolved.

If the vote totals were changed, that's a different issue. Can you direct me to some source that shows votes were switched?

If the vote totals were changed, that's a different issue. Can you direct me to some source that shows votes were switched?

There are numerous sites that show how easy it is to flip the votes, and how that ability is designed into the system. There were other places that indicate the statistic probability of the votes coming up the way they did in previous elections, but that takes time to uncover. We need a full investigation; however, with the way the machines are designed the fraud is difficult or impossible to trace. Without any confidence that the votes were counted correctly, they should be voided.

Here is the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.handcountedpaperballots.org/documents/nomachine.html

"The Center for Hand-Counted Paper Ballots focuses specifically on the fraud and error of electronic voting machines and the solution of hand-counted paper ballots."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/125700/article.html

These latest set of flaws are the most serious voting machine flaws yet reported, according to Ed Felten, a professor of computer science at Princeton University, and Avi Rubin, a Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University.

"The attacks described in Hursti's report would allow anyone who had physical access to a voting machine for a few minutes to install malicious software code on that machine, using simple, widely available tools,"

http://www.infowars.com/vote-fraud-expert-election-theft-algorithm-uncovered/

A hidden backdoor election theft mechanism within voting machine software has been discovered and will be widely used in the election, says vote fraud expert Bev Harris.

There are numerous sites that show how easy it is to flip the votes, and how that ability is designed into the system. There were other places that indicate the statistic probability of the votes coming up the way they did in previous elections, but that takes time to uncover. We need a full investigation; however, with the way the machines are designed the fraud is difficult or impossible to trace. Without any confidence that the votes were counted correctly, they should be voided.

Here is the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.handcountedpaperballots.org/documents/nomachine.html

"The Center for Hand-Counted Paper Ballots focuses specifically on the fraud and error of electronic voting machines and the solution of hand-counted paper ballots."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/125700/article.html

These latest set of flaws are the most serious voting machine flaws yet reported, according to Ed Felten, a professor of computer science at Princeton University, and Avi Rubin, a Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University.

"The attacks described in Hursti's report would allow anyone who had physical access to a voting machine for a few minutes to install malicious software code on that machine, using simple, widely available tools,"

http://www.infowars.com/vote-fraud-expert-election-theft-algorithm-uncovered/

A hidden backdoor election theft mechanism within voting machine software has been discovered and will be widely used in the election, says vote fraud expert Bev Harris.

Saying that machines and software are flawed is not the same thing as saying votes were manipulated. I'll withhold my judgement for now. I support any changes that will make our vote counts more reliable and secure.

I read that last article about the "hidden backdoor". The Harris and Smith seem to be concerned about "...treating votes as decimals rather than whole numbers, allocating the remainding [sic] fractional percentages attached to votes to sway election outcomes..." There's got to be something missing from this article, because you can add up decimal vote totals all day long and never get a single extra vote. 100.0000 + 100.000 is 200.000. It works just the same as 100 + 100 = 200. How is this a problem?

In the past, we've had problems with financial software. When percentages are applied (calculating interest for example) there are often leftover fractions that could be exploited. With votes, there are no percentages and no calculations more advanced than simple addition. Why would there ever be any fractions?

Saying that machines and software are flawed is not the same thing as saying votes were manipulated. I'll withhold my judgement for now. I support any changes that will make our vote counts more reliable and secure.

I read that last article about the "hidden backdoor". The Harris and Smith seem to be concerned about "...treating votes as decimals rather than whole numbers, allocating the remainding [sic] fractional percentages attached to votes to sway election outcomes..." There's got to be something missing from this article, because you can add up decimal vote totals all day long and never get a single extra vote. 100.0000 + 100.000 is 200.000. It works just the same as 100 + 100 = 200. How is this a problem?

In the past, we've had problems with financial software. When percentages are applied (calculating interest for example) there are often leftover fractions that could be exploited. With votes, there are no percentages and no calculations more advanced than simple addition. Why would there ever be any fractions?

I am not offering proof. I am offering sufficient information to treat the election as though it was probably not valid, to ask for an investigation into its validity. I also question why the system is set up so as to make it easy to fraudulently declare the wrong person as the winner.

Here is a site discussing the improbability of the results as produced by the ballot machines. This site discusses previous elections because the analysis has not been completed for last year's presidential election, but it certainly looks like Trump lost big time. The problem is that by the time the analysis is complete, Trump will be in office and refuse to allow any action to take place. In my opinion, the entire government is illegitimate but clearly would not expose themselves and the fraud that was committed on their behalf.

http://www.democrats.com/node/12821

"these exit poll results would be obtained one time out of almost a billion samples."

So it looks like the system was intentionally put in place to commit election fraud. Election fraud has taken place in some elections. It looks like election fraud took place in this election. The FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies have publicly confirmed that the election was hacked by Russia. I call for an independent investigation and that the results not be certified until after the investigation is completed. If election fraud took place, there should be charges filed and people arrested who took part in the fraudulent activities. It looks like Russia is one of the actors in the fraud and serious consequences should take place; and I don't mean sending some inconsequential Russian home. This is an act of war and the response should be sufficient to prevent it from happening again. So far Obama's response is what you would expect if you wanted lots more hacking.

The FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies have publicly confirmed that the election was hacked by Russia.

I can't find this. I only find that the DNC was hacked and e-mails were released in an effort to aid Trump.

I went to the link. Mr. First makes a logical argument and raises questions that deserve an answer. His point boils down to a disagreement between exit polls and official poll results. The disagreement was so large that it's statistically unlikely to happen randomly. In a few states (4), Bush's actual vote came in over one standard deviation below what the exit polls predicted. But, in most states (26), the exit polls showed more strength for Kerry.

His statement about only getting this result for "one in a billion samples" is only statistically valid if you make several assumptions first. In this specific case, you want to know that the statistical sample is drawn from the same pool as the overall population. In other words, if some of the people who cast ballots opted not to participate in the exit polls, you have a problem. Then, there's the question of honesty. Some people will lie about how they cast their votes. There's the possibility of observer prejudice. The journalists conducting the exit polls may use some non-random method in selecting who to question. For the statistical comparison to be valid, all of these variances would need to equally affect Kerry and Bush voters.

One study I found said:

"Our investigation of the differences between the exit poll estimates and the actual vote count point to one primary reason: in a number of precincts a higher than average Within Precinct Error most likely due to Kerry voters participating in the exit polls at a higher rate than Bush voters. There have been partisan overstatements in previous elections, more often overstating the Democrat, but occasionally overstating the Republican." http://www.electionmathematics.org/em-exitpolls/EvaluationJan192005.pdf

If I had to pick which poll to believe, I'd go with the official count. Exit polls are always going to be imprecise. But, I agree with you that our official polls need to be 100% reliable. Whatever we need to change to ensure that is a good thing in my book.

Exit polls used to be pretty accurate, but they became way off once the ballot counting machines were put in use. Not proof, but perhaps indicative.

Different people will have different experiences and thus different opinions, which is to be expected.

From my point of view, there is just too much evidence pointing to election fraud. The fraud comes in different forms. From voter suppression, to gerrymandering, to flipping votes in the ballot counting boxes, to controlling what the public gets to see and hear about the candidates at what times all add to selecting a candidate against the public's will.

I have never seen so few people in favor of the winner as I have with this election. Most people I know who voted for Trump, are too embarrassed to say so. Trump even has trouble getting people to perform at the inauguration. The few groups willing have people quitting over it. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is scheduled to perform, and they are over the top in favor of the GOP, but people are quitting stating they will not support Trump and the disasters he will create. The Rockettes are in a similar situation. Then there is one person who won some TV singing show willing to perform. That is pretty meager pickings out of the entire nation. When bush was running, my neighborhood had lots of front yard signs for bush; McCain got signs; Romney got signs . Trump got none.

The bottom line is with all that has gone on, I can't believe the election reflected the will of the public. Knowing the election is easily hacked, with numerous agents working to throw the election to Trump seems easy to believe. That Trump got just enough votes to throw the electoral college his way screams at me that they hacked just enough to throw the election.

Thanks HeadLiberal. He's locked out of the LO Rm now and won't come back, at least under the same screen name.

Thank YOU, bludog! It's amazing how they deliberately disobey the rules just to come into this forum. Apparently, they can't read or understand rules well. Thanks again! :)

We can agree to disagree. There is a lot of evidence, with more coming out every day about the fraudulent election. I saw in the news yesterday that there were only three performers willing to perform at Trump's inauguration; Mormon tabernacle Choir, The Rockettes, and some TV show singer. Both the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the rockettes have performers who quit rather than even appear to support Trump. With no one willing to come forward in support of Trump, it tells me that most people do not approve of his behavior. When most people don't approve and yet it is claimed he won the election red flags come up.

When the results are in question, I see no reason for Obama to hand our government over to Trump. At least postpone the transfer of power until it can be investigated and resolved.

possibly, but how did he win the Republican Nomination? That was a huge puzzlement, the fact that he won a single primary was a puzzlement. I believe the intelligence agency's that say Putin tried to sway the election in Trumps favor by hacking emails and spreading fake news, and I could also call the election fraudulent due to Republican constraints against access to poll places - but / no one can ever say Putin's moves only changed the election for sure.

obviously a lot of folks don't like the guy and what he has said, yet the sad fact is a lot of people voted for him.

Peace!

possibly, but how did he win the Republican Nomination? That was a huge puzzlement, the fact that he won a single primary was a puzzlement. I believe the intelligence agency's that say Putin tried to sway the election in Trumps favor by hacking emails and spreading fake news, and I could also call the election fraudulent due to Republican constraints against access to poll places - but / no one can ever say Putin's moves only changed the election for sure.

obviously a lot of folks don't like the guy and what he has said, yet the sad fact is a lot of people voted for him.

Peace!

But we won't ever know how many voted for him. From my point of view, clearly not enough to win any election. I suggest it is more than just hacking for Trump. The House and Senate in republican control when Trump clearly didn't have enough votes to win the presidency is suspect. I don't think it was just hacked for Trump. It appears to me that up and down the ballot the election was hacked for the GOP.

It would be appropriate to have an independent investigation to find out, but I don't think that has any chance of happening, but I still ask for it. I do not want the results of the hacked election to be installed in office prior to the conclusion of the investigation. If the investigation conclusion is that we don't know who got how many votes, the election should be re-done.