The Underground Railroad is making a comeback

shintao

“Jesus said we are to provide hospitality to the stranger,” said the Rev. Robin Hynicka of New York City’s Arch Street United Methodist Church. The Times noted that Hynicka cited “Matthew 25, in which Jesus instructs his followers to feed, house and clothe ‘the least of these,’ the poor and vulnerable.”

Hundreds of churches of worship are banding together across the country and stepping up to act as a kind of “undergroundrailroad” for undocumented immigrants under the nascent Donald Trump administration. Organizations have pledged to provide “money, legal aid, food, child care or transportation,” said the Times‘ Laurie Goodstein.

Thats great...let's turn America into another 3 world shit hole and have the churches help.

BTW: Matthew 22:20-21 And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and inscription is this? They said, Caesar's. Then He said to them, Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

Edit%20illegals_zpsebdpcmzi.jpg

Jesus said we are to provide hospitality to the stranger, said the Rev. Robin Hynicka of New York Citys Arch Street United Methodist Church. The Times noted that Hynicka cited Matthew 25, in which Jesus instructs his followers to feed, house and clothe the least of these, the poor and vulnerable.

Hundreds of churches of worship are banding together across the country and stepping up to act as a kind of undergroundrailroad for undocumented immigrants under the nascent Donald Trump administration. Organizations have pledged to provide money, legal aid, food, child care or transportation, said the Times Laurie Goodstein.

Matthew 7:15

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Thats great...let's turn America into another 3 world shit hole and have the churches help.

BTW: Matthew 22:20-21 And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and inscription is this? They said, Caesar's. Then He said to them, Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

And that is why a con can never be a Christian.

Matthew 7:15

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Conservative evangelists.

Person to stupid not to know the Bible is not to be taken literally and the Old Testament is before Jesus's time:

Matthew 5:27–32 (speaking Jesus words) “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Understanding this statement is a much bigger problem for those of us who are reading Jesus’ words today than it would have been for the people who were actually hearing Jesus say this. Why? Because it was a common way of speaking. There are even technical terms for an expression like that (such as hyperbole). It is something that is designed to be an obvious overstatement that is exaggerated to make a point. With that understanding, “Pluck out your eye and cut off your hand” is a way of saying, “Deal radically with sin.”

Ya see...Christians aren't like your hero Jew hating Muslims.

Person to stupid not to know the Bible is not to be taken literally and the Old Testament is before Jesus's time:

Is Jesus part of a Triad or not? Did Jesus quote God or not? What did Jesus tell you about God's Word? ‘The Scripture cannot be broken’ (John 10:35). He referred to Scripture as ‘the commandment of God’ (Matthew 15:3) and as the ‘Word of God’ (Mark 7:13). He also indicated that it was indestructible: ‘Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished’ (Matthew 5:18).

Matthew 5:27–32 (speaking Jesus words) “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Understanding this statement is a much bigger problem for those of us who are reading Jesus’ words today than it would have been for the people who were actually hearing Jesus say this. Why? Because it was a common way of speaking. There are even technical terms for an expression like that (such as hyperbole). It is something that is designed to be an obvious overstatement that is exaggerated to make a point. With that understanding, “Pluck out your eye and cut off your hand” is a way of saying, “Deal radically with sin.”

Ya see...Christians aren't like your hero Jew hating Muslims.

You are talking shit. Jesus knew exactly what he was saying. Your big mistake is that the Bible has been warped to fit the word of man. Muslims have not made that mistake, they still pray three times a day. You are lucky to find a Christo in a church once a year.

Jesus said we are to provide hospitality to the stranger, said the Rev. Robin Hynicka of New York Citys Arch Street United Methodist Church. The Times noted that Hynicka cited Matthew 25, in which Jesus instructs his followers to feed, house and clothe the least of these, the poor and vulnerable.

Hundreds of churches of worship are banding together across the country and stepping up to act as a kind of undergroundrailroad for undocumented immigrants under the nascent Donald Trump administration. Organizations have pledged to provide money, legal aid, food, child care or transportation, said the Times Laurie Goodstein.

Undocumented is bullshit. Illegal is the real term. Criminals, and anyone supporting them should also be arrested.

Is Jesus part of a Triad or not?

Why are you trying to muddy the water whether Jesus is party of the Trinity; it has nothing to do with the OP ?

Your the dumb fuck who brought up hundreds of churches of worship...you know the folks who follow the teachings of Jesus.

Muslims have not made that mistake, they still pray three times a day. You are lucky to find a Christo in a church once a year.

Than you turn around and piss on Jesus's followers to suit the agenda...while Muslims cut off people's heads for things like listening to Bob Dylan. I mean what side of the fence are you on ?

tell%20me%20shintao_zps1yqyuzq0.jpeg

I wonder if these churches plan to equally help other groups of people who have broken the law avoid capture and assist them with food money shelter to hide from the authorities exec. I'm sure there are a lot of criminals who would like such protection so I hope these churches aren't discriminating against people who are breaking the law

“Jesus said we are to provide hospitality to the stranger,” said the Rev. Robin Hynicka of New York City’s Arch Street United Methodist Church. The Times noted that Hynicka cited “Matthew 25, in which Jesus instructs his followers to feed, house and clothe ‘the least of these,’ the poor and vulnerable.”

Hundreds of churches of worship are banding together across the country and stepping up to act as a kind of “undergroundrailroad” for undocumented immigrants under the nascent Donald Trump administration. Organizations have pledged to provide “money, legal aid, food, child care or transportation,” said the Times‘ Laurie Goodstein.

Good for them. Let the church parishioners have a say about how the money they give their church is spent.

:ph34r: yes kfools but its all ok because these lawbreakers need help getting away with it and Jesus says were obligated to help people break the law and avoid capture and reward them for breaking the law instead of helping them to become legal citizens by going through established system of immigration that involves background checks

Why are you trying to muddy the water whether Jesus is party of the Trinity; it has nothing to do with the OP ?

Your the dumb fuck who brought up hundreds of churches of worship...you know the folks who follow the teachings of Jesus.

Than you turn around and piss on Jesus's followers to suit the agenda...while Muslims cut off people's heads for things like listening to Bob Dylan. I mean what side of the fence are you on ?

tell%20me%20shintao_zps1yqyuzq0.jpeg

On Jesus's side, the "Truth."

So,

what you are telling me is that there is a massive criminal conspiracy afoot?

By the churches it appears. Like the slaves centuries ago. I would think it would be fairly easy to ID these churches, but that remains to be seen. I would guess the FBI is already setting up undercover agents to infiltrate these rings.

Shintao..

I thought you were against illegals and wanted them deported

Trump is an asshole that represents a minority of this country. He will not get away with even a fraction of the idiotic crap he claimed he would do. He will face serious resistance every step of the way. Each of his stupid tweets will increase the resistance.

He will become apoplectic and he may die of a massive coronary infarction.

That is awesome that many churches are doing as they always have. Helping others. That is no surprise.

Trying to say churches helping others is the same as Bill Ayer's weather underground railroad is like saying liberals and conservatives have the same political beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't believe Christ was big on killing to spread His word. I cannot find a single passage attributed to Christ ( or Buddha ), that states; Spread my word by slaughter.

Trump is an asshole that represents a minority of this country. He will not get away with even a fraction of the idiotic crap he claimed he would do. He will face serious resistance every step of the way. Each of his stupid tweets will increase the resistance.

He will become apoplectic and he may die of a massive coronary infarction.

I told you liberals way back, do not tempt fate.

I said that long before the election, and I'm saying after the elction.

Undocumented is bullshit. Illegal is the real term. Criminals, and anyone supporting them should also be arrested.

When then will we arrest the corporations that hire them en-mass? Of course the church & Jesus doesn't see it that way.

Shintao..

I thought you were against illegals and wanted them deported

But, but, the church Zo, Jesus teachings Zo, they are in favor of hiding illegals instead of having them deported. Are you against Jesus' teachings in the Bible? I thought Tramp was a Christo, isn't that what we are being led to believe? How can the GOP disobey the Word of their Gods?

I wonder if these churches plan to equally help other groups of people who have broken the law avoid capture and assist them with food money shelter to hide from the authorities exec. I'm sure there are a lot of criminals who would like such protection so I hope these churches aren't discriminating against people who are breaking the law

They help hide and protect the pedophiles every day.