Is cable news worthless?

Cable news is essentially someone reading the headlines every fifteen minutes, punctuated by ghastly commercials and spots in which CNN or MSNBC or whoever, tells us how great they are. There are bits of news embedded in the mix, but they are no more than 15% of content.

15% content! Sound right.

Fox is no different, except they have dumb blondes reading stupid editorials as though it were news.

And O'Reilly and prominent dimbulb Sean Hannity, who are not blonde,but pretty dim as well.

Watching cable news in search of the actual news is like trying to feast on raisins alone in a bowl of Raisin Bran.

Fox is no different, except they have dumb blondes reading stupid editorials as though it were news.

And O'Reilly and prominent dimbulb Sean Hannity, who are not blonde,but pretty dim as well.

Watching cable news in search of the actual news is like trying to feast on raisins alone in a bowl of Raisin Bran.

Did they all just give up? Maybe cable news is dead.

You forgot ..with big tits

The best news coverage in the US is PBS and BBC America and NPR on the radio.

Fox is not news. MSNBC is mostly not news.

You are right about Fox's bimbos. Titless bimbos need not apply.

Fox is closer to the pro wrestling channel than any actual news.

I would estimate that Maddow has johndnorth beat by a minimum of three years' education and 50 IQ points.

As soon as I hear "today Donald Trump tweeted..." I change the channel.

We haven't had news since the mid-80's. News = who,what,when,where material. It started to become editorialized opinion pieces, interjecting personal opinions. Late 90's started the sound bite era, and the bites just kept getting shorter. Lot of back and forth chatters of opinions, nodding heads, etc.

We haven't had news since the mid-80's. News = who,what,when,where material. It started to become editorialized opinion pieces, interjecting personal opinions. Late 90's started the sound bite era, and the bites just kept getting shorter. Lot of back and forth chatters of opinions, nodding heads, etc.

Yes. You can have it on for 15 minutes without having the slightest idea what they're talking about.

My cable here in central FL cut BBC..bummed my right the F out

But they kept OAN :mellow:

BBC World News on the radio is the best. Some NPR stations play them overnight.