GOP-led Texas: maternal mortality rate DOUBLED

doodsaq

The rate of Texas women who died from complications related to pregnancy doubled from 2010 to 2014, a new study has found, for an estimated maternal mortality rate that is unmatched in any other state and the rest of the developed world.

The finding comes from a report, appearing in the September issue of the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology, that the maternal mortality rate in the United States increased between 2000 and 2014, even while the rest of the world succeeded in reducing its rate. Excluding California, where maternal mortality declined, and Texas, where it surged, the estimated number of maternal deaths per 100,000 births rose to 23.8 in 2014 from 18.8 in 2000 or about 27%.

But the report singled out Texas for special concern, saying the doubling of mortality rates in a two-year period was hard to explain in the absence of war, natural disaster, or severe economic upheaval.

From 2000 to the end of 2010, Texass estimated maternal mortality rate hovered between 17.7 and 18.6 per 100,000 births. But after 2010, that rate had leaped to 33 deaths per 100,000, and in 2014 it was 35.8. Between 2010 and 2014, more than 600 women died for reasons related to their pregnancies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

Count on Republicans turning us third-world! :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear this....LMAO....Maybe he's calling JTZilla for the answer

Its the answer for everything with the rednecks

JTZilla

i was taxed more each year tha Nlgger was fraudulently in office,,,the world laughs at us for having a fucking filthy faggot assed Nlggar there at the whitehouse.... Im ashamed of my country!!!
JTZilla
fuck obama and the nigacrats he stands for
JTZilla

she isnt moving in because she doesnt want to smell that nlgger smell

JTZilla

seriously how do you vote for a nlgger?

unbelievable

Maternal mortality rates in the USA on this have been uber high for a long time. We ALSO rate really high on that list as well and NOT in a good way. Living in Houston, TX for 6 years I am not surprised the goat ropers got those numbers up.

Maternal mortality rates in the USA on this have been uber high for a long time. We ALSO rate really high on that list as well and NOT in a good way. Living in Houston, TX for 6 years I am not surprised the goat ropers got those numbers up.

We've been through this argument from the left repeatedly. Our infant mortality numbers are high because we count any child beyond 20 weeks against our numbers.

Other countries do not.

Don't lie and pretend otherwise or I'll be forced to shove the numbers up your ignorant ass.

Evidence please

Go read the Cuba vs U.S. healthcare thread in which you and I already argued this point, and you lost.

I understand you're still a child, but I expect you to remember things from less an a month ago.

What difference does it make why the numbers are high.. Cut them in half and it still sucks. The bad thing is that they are

USA USA USA yeah I get it :blink::mellow:

^^ typical liberal naval gazer, always blaming America.

Go read the Cuba vs U.S. healthcare thread in which you and I already argued this point, and you lost.

I understand you're still a child, but I expect you to remember things from less an a month ago.

^^ typical liberal naval gazer, always blaming America.

Easy there...

Zaro is only 15 years old and hates this "shot hole" United States