which is more scary, radical islamists or conservative christians?

Bakelite

Moderate Islam is those who do what the Sahaba did without more or less

on the side of doing more, going farther, more severe than the practices of the Sahaba is the Radical Islam like ISIS

But to the side of doing less, and being more lenient than the Sahaba is the Radical Islam which says Allah is lenient and is ok to disobey commands and wear/eat haram things to be like the other westerners.

Both are bad.

I say conservative christians are worse. They are set in their ways and wont change.

At least if you are nice to radical islamists they probably wont hurt you.

Not much difference except the Jeezes yahoos are plenty in this country compared to the muslim nuts

Radical Islamists are worse. They won't think twice about killing you. Conservative Christians (but not all of them) are often hypocritical saying one saying and doing another. Indirectly they can incite others to do you harm

Radical Islamists are worse. They won't think twice about killing you. Conservative Christians (but not all of them) are often hypocritical saying one saying and doing another. Indirectly they can incite others to do you harm

Yeah, the Christian yahoos are in no hurry to meet baby Jeezus personally

Radical Christians are evil! The go to less fortunate places like Africa and give out food and medical aid just to try to make people christian! Its so disgusting that they do that!

You are sending too many mixed messages. The above post is an example. Others in the LO Room have complained also. Starting now, please keep out of the Liberal's Only Room. You may post in No Holds Barred and the rest of the forum but not in the Liberal's Only Room. If you come back, there will be consequences.

I mostly agree, nowadays.

Don't forget the conservative Christians that attempt to murder abortion doctors.

Christianity has a long and bloody history of persecution (as do most religions). However, lately, the violent extremes of Islam have been worse than the violent extremes of Christianity.

The violent extremes of Judaism have been pretty bad too, but fewer and less apparent, owing to their tiny numbers, relative to other major religions.

At this point in time, violent, radical Islamists outnumber their extreme Conservative Christian counterparts. (Basically, the two are just different versions of the same religion). Both have done good in the world and both have been toxic. During the early 1500s, during the Reformation, in Europe, purely religion-inspired violence was worse than anything going on now.

I say conservative christians are worse. They are set in their ways and wont change.

At least if you are nice to radical islamists they probably wont hurt you.

Folks with a violent bend will use religion as an excuse to be self righteous.

I recently saw a clip of a dickwad who preached the word of God by yelling at a bunch of kids at a mall Santa. Dude was yelling that Santa was a fraud and they needed to follow Christ. Needless to say, I saw more than a few angry dads confront this guy.

At this point in time, violent, radical Islamists outnumber their extreme Conservative Christian counterparts. (Basically, the two are just different versions of the same religion). Both have done good in the world and both have been toxic. During the early 1500s, during the Reformation, in Europe, purely religion-inspired violence was worse than anything going on now.

To be honest, Violence has little to do with any particular religion.

They're both bad but theres something especially creepy about Christians.

To be fair, I've known a lot of good and non-creepy Christians. I'm married to a German Catholic. Definitely good. Never creepy. But scary when she's mad at me. :)

" To be honest, Violence has little to do with any particular religion."

Tell that to the men who yell Aloha Snackbar! and then blow other people up because they aren't Muslims.

Yup, those are deluded people. Why aren't they doing something moral like blowing up an abortion clinic or painting a swastika on a gravestone? ;)

On the other hand 'Aloha Snackbar' made me laugh. I'm using that forever. :D

" To be honest, Violence has little to do with any particular religion."

Tell that to the men who yell Aloha Snackbar! and then blow other people up because they aren't Muslims.

i could list all the violence done by Christians, but it would serve no purpose because there's nothing especially violent about any major religion.

I find religion violent. It's totalitarian. And the ones who are really in it deep turn their backs on this life. They are not political. Using religion is just another political tool.

Religion IS a tool. It's like a hammer. You can use a hammer to build a house or smash someones brains in.