Please help me self examine for subconscious bias

Bakelite

I really appreciate any genuine feedback to this question.

Recently, I was discussing my preference in women with a work colleague. (We are both white heterosexual males) I expressed my preference for more traditionally white and asian facial features. (Incidentally I do like shapely buttocks though, lol)

My question for all of you is, do you think that this is my genuine preference, or am I subconsciously excluding more traditionally African facial features out of a societal programmed bias? I genuinely hope it is not the latter.

Subconsciously I think you feel like African facial features are kind of a step down, but you got that jungle fever for some junk in the trunk.

Unrelated a gay guy at work was talking with ladies at break room one day, he said he likes how black man are endowed, but I know his boy toy is a younger Caucasian bear 20 years his junior. I stay out of those conversations for a reason.

I don't think it's race but more of where they originated from in society. Ask yourself this.... if an African American woman, who was attractive, nice bod, etc... seemed interested in you, would you go out with her? Now.... before you answer that question, I'm going to paint you two different versions of the same woman.

Girl #1: Drives a 2015 Camry, Dresses nice, speaks eloquently and doesn't have an accent, listens to top 40 music

Girl #2: Drives a 2011 Mercedes with 22" Wheels with aftermarket gold trim, has a gold tooth, and talks with that Ghetto accent, Listens to gansta rap and calls her friends n***a.

If the answer is NO to either girl, then I'd say you have a subconscious aversion to black women. Or simply, you're not attracted to women of color.

If you would go out with girl #1 but not #2, then you have an aversion to that cultural stereotype.

Recently, I was discussing my preference in women with a work colleague. (We are both white heterosexual males) I expressed my preference for more traditionally white and asian facial features. (Incidentally I do like shapely buttocks though, lol)

My question for all of you is, do you think that this is my genuine preference, or am I subconsciously excluding more traditionally African facial features out of a societal programmed bias? I genuinely hope it is not the latter.

My favorite feature in a woman is a job.

I don't think it's race but more of where they originated from in society. Ask yourself this.... if an African American woman, who was attractive, nice bod, etc... seemed interested in you, would you go out with her? Now.... before you answer that question, I'm going to paint you two different versions of the same woman.

Girl #1: Drives a 2015 Camry, Dresses nice, speaks eloquently and doesn't have an accent, listens to top 40 music

Girl #2: Drives a 2011 Mercedes with 22" Wheels with aftermarket gold trim, has a gold tooth, and talks with that Ghetto accent, Listens to gansta rap and calls her friends n***a.

If the answer is NO to either girl, then I'd say you have a subconscious aversion to black women. Or simply, you're not attracted to women of color.

If you would go out with girl #1 but not #2, then you have an aversion to that cultural stereotype.

If I picked girl #2 would it be best to adjust my personality and become a little more slim shady?

I don't foresee putting another notch on the bedpost in this scenario acting like a neo howdy doody.

Recently, I was discussing my preference in women with a work colleague. (We are both white heterosexual males) I expressed my preference for more traditionally white and asian facial features.

Ok, so choose:

Khandi-Alexander-Los-Angeles-April-2014-

20100325_partylines-silo_250x375.png

You like what you like. It's part of the imprinting process of our early years. I tend to like dark haired, clear skinned blue eyed intelligent women. But for the record, I'd not reject Rosario Dawson.

You like what you like. It's part of the imprinting process of our early years. I tend to like dark haired, clear skinned blue eyed intelligent women. But for the record, I'd not reject Rosario Dawson.

Tell you the truth I think you need to do a little more explaining the imprinting were are talking human sub conscience here. Basically your saying I can raise a goose at my goat farm and have it fall in love with me. Or it can be one of those kittens that was raised by an ape at a zoo. Imagine the headlines "Morris the cat, wanted in connection to serial rapist at the primate exhibit"

Tell you the truth I think you need to do a little more explaining the imprinting were are talking human sub conscience here. Basically your saying I can raise a goose at my goat farm and have it fall in love with me. Or it can be one of those kittens that was raised by an ape at a zoo. Imagine the headlines "Morris the cat, wanted in connection to serial rapist at the primate exhibit"

Imprinting can be as simple as being attracted to type of woman that resembles the first person you have sex with. It happens so many different times and so many different ways. It also depends on how strong your libido is, What hormones you were exposed to in the uterus, etc... Everyone's sexuality is a complex and unique,

Ok, so choose:

Khandi-Alexander-Los-Angeles-April-2014-

I didn't care for Jada Pinkett-Smith until I saw her rock band, Wicked Wisdom.

My point was only that you could make anyone go against their individual a priori preference if presented by a person of unusual physical beauty and no or few countervailing personality clashes.

Sure. The brain is very flexible when it comes to mating.

I think there is a terrible tangent pronounced in this awful thread. Why do men like the female form is more like it. There is so much distorted myth here it would be difficult to approach. What about the females at work who actually do a better job than all the men, white or any ethnicity?

Surely we are led by pictures and images overtime that work on the subconscious mind in such a way to rob a persons vision in such a way to disillusion any truth regarding what true beauty is. Really I mean that!

Peace!

# 1 job or no job...

Do I understand correctly that this is you're first criterion for whether you date a guy? That's certainly practical. But maybe not restrictive enough. Just having a job at the moment doesn't guarantee that he isn't a no-account loser.

If you're looking for a responsible guy, what about how long he's held the job, and what level of responsibility the job entails?

The "job or no job" criterion doesn't differentiate between 1) someone who just got a job at Burger King after getting out of jail for armed robbery and 2) a guy who has been doing a medical residency for two years.