Equality

EQUALITY

The phrase "All men are equal" is often misunderstood. There are no two perfectly equal human beings on this planet, though identical twins come close.

The phrase really means "All people should be accorded equal rights before the law".

At the time of the American Revolution, in the British Empire, there were three classes: the sovereign, the nobility, and the commoners. They were governed by different laws. The House of Lords represented the nobility, the House of Commons represented the common people: the peasants, tradesmen, merchants and such. The sovereign was simply above all the laws and could legally do whatever the Hell he wished: declare war on the Dutch, ally his country with the Portuguese, throw anyone in jail or have him executed.

In reality what we are is determined by three major factors: our genes, our environment, and our experiences. If you were born in poverty and one of six children, you will have far greater difficulty in achieving any sort of prosperity or success than if you were born to a family of urban millionaires. Your environment will determine your experiences, and your experiences will greatly affect your education, not just your formal schooling, but everything you learn from your environment.

Social programs are intended to give greater opportunities to those disadvantaged by the conditions of their birth, both geographically and socially.

The reality is that equality before the law is more of an ideal than a fact.

John Hinckly and OJ Simpson were both greatly advantaged at the time of their crimes. Had either of them been poor, and if the crime had occurred in Texas, Louisiana or Alabama they would surely have been executed.

I would like to have a serious discussion about this subject. Because of the numerous trolls and imbeciles that populate the NHB section, I have posted this same topic on the Liberals Only Forum.

EQUALITY

The phrase "All men are equal" is often misunderstood.

Kind of left out a very specific word here, "created". Kind of like everyone has an equal opportunity to adapt or become extinct. Everything else is how they do it when alive as one of a kind, or acting within one mind..

And it isn't just a male population either. Isn't it great reality is based upon factual details done scientifically in theory and spiritually in theology while biological actual results existed in plain sight, sound, touch, smell, taste, sensed being present without a word.

Eternity isn't something one can imagine, it is an instinctively known object, limitations, and the evidence is everywhere by details that never change position and what exists never stays the same passing by or through while in the moment here, where ever positioned now as an exponential continuing total sum of details adding currently.

See the kinetic connection yet, mister wizard? Molecular migration of multiple stages of characteristics combining into everything universally spaced apart now.

Gee what actually does sustain energy that cannot be created or destroyed by technology and intellect, just recognized instinctively adapting to things never staying the same now.

but you got literature, mathematics, artistic impressionists creating illusions of could exist, and speak separate tongues of self deception on your side of interpreting the idea anything else is possible.

EQUALITY

The phrase "All men are equal" is often misunderstood. There are no two perfectly equal human beings on this planet, though identical twins come close.

The phrase really means "All people should be accorded equal rights before the law".

At the time of the American Revolution, in the British Empire, there were three classes: the sovereign, the nobility, and the commoners. They were governed by different laws. The House of Lords represented the nobility, the House of Commons represented the common people: the peasants, tradesmen, merchants and such. The sovereign was simply above all the laws and could legally do whatever the Hell he wished: declare war on the Dutch, ally his country with the Portuguese, throw anyone in jail or have him executed.

In reality what we are is determined by three major factors: our genes, our environment, and our experiences. If you were born in poverty and one of six children, you will have far greater difficulty in achieving any sort of prosperity or success than if you were born to a family of urban millionaires. Your environment will determine your experiences, and your experiences will greatly affect your education, not just your formal schooling, but everything you learn from your environment.

Social programs are intended to give greater opportunities to those disadvantaged by the conditions of their birth, both geographically and socially.

The reality is that equality before the law is more of an ideal than a fact.

John Hinckly and OJ Simpson were both greatly advantaged at the time of their crimes. Had either of them been poor, and if the crime had occurred in Texas, Louisiana or Alabama they would surely have been executed

Decent post. Agree with much of it. Yes circumstances of each individual are not equal, nor will they ever be. The only thing the government needs to do is to make sure all have equal OPPORTUNITY. Some start in better circumstances, to be sure, but there are too many stories of people in bad circumstances doing well and of people in better circumstances doing not so well to make policy that attempts to compensate for those differences in circumstances.

Unfortunately the policy proscriptions favored by those on the left, while most often well intended, do not produce the desired results. The biggest example being the 'war on poverty' started by LBJ in the 60's. Not only have the measurable statistics not improved, they have gotten worse.

Charity needs to be at a level that is closest to the individual. Top down federal programs are not only unconstitutional, they don't really work as intended most times.

LBJ's War on Poverty did a huge about of good for the extremely poor. I recall driving across Mississippi in the night in 1958. The shacks along the two lane highways clearly did not even have electricity, despite utility poles all along the highway. I have traveled the same highway many times since, and nearly all the shacks have been replaced by better houses and everyone seems to have electric lights. I lived in Buckhannon, Upsur Co. WV from 1970 to 1973. It was obvious that many of the Great Society Programs had improved lives there as well. Electrification, better roads, new school buildings were all in evidence.

Reality is more useful than rhetoric. LBJ eliminated a huge amount of poverty, and would have done more had he been brace enough to get out of Vietnam and spend the same money on America's people.

Equal opportunity would have to include an equal environment. How do you make Tishomingo County, MS or Upshur County, WV equal to Beverley Hills or Short Hills, NJ? Can you suggest how this might be done at any level, local, state, national?

Charity is great, but charity has never ended poverty, anywhere.

Honesty has a better chance than the three axioms of hope, faith, and charity teaching ancestry to feel helpless, hopeless, and worth less by not becoming a cast of characters on the world stage in a theater of the mind semantics used constantly against sole results of ancestry now here 24/7 every second of the day, week, month, year, decade, generation, history.

LBJ's War on Poverty did a huge about of good for the extremely poor. I recall driving across Mississippi in the night in 1958. The shacks along the two lane highways clearly did not even have electricity, despite utility poles all along the highway. I have traveled the same highway many times since, and nearly all the shacks have been replaced by better houses and everyone seems to have electric lights. I lived in Buckhannon, Upsur Co. WV from 1970 to 1973. It was obvious that many of the Great Society Programs had improved lives there as well. Electrification, better roads, new school buildings were all in evidence.

Reality is more useful than rhetoric. LBJ eliminated a huge amount of poverty, and would have done more had he been brace enough to get out of Vietnam and spend the same money on America's people.

Equal opportunity would have to include an equal environment. How do you make Tishomingo County, MS or Upshur County, WV equal to Beverley Hills or Short Hills, NJ? Can you suggest how this might be done at any level, local, state, national?

Hasn't the poverty rate remained essentially flat? LBJ's programs also directly caused the increase of out-of-wedlock births for obvious reasons. How did the 'war on poverty' create the ability to have more electricity, roads etc.?

I disagree with your premise that "equal opportunity would have to include an equal environment" or at least with how you apprently define 'environment'. When you compare the richest areas to the poorest areas and say 'how do you make them equal" it seems that you are measuring equality with wealth. Poor and rich can have the same opportunities regardless of circumstances.

Poor and rich can have the same opportunities regardless of circumstances.

Perhaps they can. Let us assume that this is possible.

Let us see if you can tell us how to make Tishomingo County provide the same opportunities afforded the residents of Park Avenue.

My guess is that for anyone who gained that equal opportunity would not stay long in Iuka, Mississippi. Their children would be raised elsewhere, most likely.

Hope springs eternal that some day you might make sense. Today, however, is not that day. Genetically, kinetically. diuretically and eclectically, you suck at making sense, sole,

Are you sensing your mind is becoming less popular yet?

that is implosion of membership leaving your ideology and nobody is belieiving you anymore and a whoie lot less every time you post.. That exponential total sum reaction done while simultaneously spaced apart here in this atmosphere.

simple cold inversion of molecular migration. Ha ha ha ha ha. Your intellect never saw it coming and still believes it isn't occurring..

it's a fucking miracle. or the collective total sum of your choosing to ignore self containment intellectually.

Poor and rich can have the same opportunities regardless of circumstances.

Perhaps they can. Let us assume that this is possible.

Let us see if you can tell us how to make Tishomingo County provide the same opportunities afforded the residents of Park Avenue.

My guess is that for anyone who gained that equal opportunity would not stay long in Iuka, Mississippi. Their children would be raised elsewhere, most likely.

Give an example of what LEGAL opportunities are afforded to people on Park Ave. versus Tishomingo County (which I assume is a poor area).

Believe it or not, people who do not have a great deal of wealth can still be quite happy and content. It is a state of mind.

Give an example of what LEGAL opportunities are afforded to people on Park Ave. versus Tishomingo County (which I assume is a poor area).

Believe it or not, people who do not have a great deal of wealth can still be quite happy and content. It is a state of mind.

Tishomingo County is in the NE corner of Mississippi. Iuka is the county seat. It is not the poorest country in MS, but I chose it because I have stopped there several times on the way from MO and FL. I agree that people can be happy anywhere, but the possibility of getting a good education is certainly less than one might get in Manhattan.

There is no college of any sort in the county. Iuka is 94% White. Average family income is about $36K. Iuka has around 3500 people of 12,000 in the county.

Tishomingo County is in the NE corner of Mississippi. Iuka is the county seat. It is not the poorest country in MS, but I chose it because I have stopped there several times on the way from MO and FL. I agree that people can be happy anywhere, but the possibility of getting a good education is certainly less than one might get in Manhattan.

There is no college of any sort in the county. Iuka is 94% White. Average family income is about $36K. Iuka has around 3500 people of 12,000 in the county.

Love your separatist mentality does with the words equal opportunity by placing legal in front. Total disregard for simultaneously spaced apart now.

Love your separatist mentality does with the words equal opportunity by placing legal in front. Total disregard for simultaneously spaced apart now.

You didn't notice that this word and the sentence in which it appears were posted by superds, not me.

What is it with all this "spaced apart now" stuff? I bet you were one of those little kids that refused to eat his peas or flung the plate across the room if your peas touched your potatoes.

You didn't notice that this word and the sentence in which it appears were posted by superds, not me.

What is it with all this "spaced apart now" stuff? I bet you were one of those little kids that refused to eat his peas or flung the plate across the room if your peas touched your potatoes.

Different way of communicating self evident results such as sole results of ancestry as biologically present one lifetime at a time sentenced by your ideology to always be subjects of denial by deniers not accepting self containment as kinetically "spaced apart" now.

You are showing everyone your educated intellect isn't that damned intelligent.

I have no idea what the Hell you mean by "spaced apart now" or "self containment". Don't play with your food, little boy.

As presently coccupying the moment kinetically living separate livetimes currently as genetically positioned ancestrally.

Please keep acting like you don't know? those holding your same opinion are evaporating faster than you can recruit their replacements. That is what imploding actually does within a whole is the total sum of all its parts.

Name ONE single "social program" designed to eliminate poverty that DIDN'T result in MORE PEOPLE ENDING UP IN POVERTY AND DEPENDENT ON GOVERNMENT POVERTY PROGRAMS!!!

The TVA, the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps, the REA (Rural Electrification Agency).

What happened in the rural South in the 1960's was the introduction of mechanized cotton harvesting machinery That made sharecroppers unnecessary and they were forced off the plantations into the cities, where they did not have a plot to grow their vegetables or pens for the chickens, cows and swine. Thousands of sharecroppers were forced to leave the land. In Appalachia, they introduced new extremely efficient coal mining equipment, and many fewer miners were needed, and they too were forced out of their mining jobs. Strip mines became easier to develop with new types of equipment, and the acid runoff poisoned the rivers and streams and forces poor miners out of the hollers and coal camps.

You don't know the history and should STFU until you do. You won't get it from dropout Limbaugh of Hannity the dunce.

So what's your point?

You ARE dense! There are people everywhere who cannot develop their talents with a high school education in Iuka, just as there are everywhere else in the country.

Hasn't the poverty rate remained essentially flat? LBJ's programs also directly caused the increase of out-of-wedlock births for obvious reasons. How did the 'war on poverty' create the ability to have more electricity, roads etc.?

I disagree with your premise that "equal opportunity would have to include an equal environment" or at least with how you apprently define 'environment'. When you compare the richest areas to the poorest areas and say 'how do you make them equal" it seems that you are measuring equality with wealth. Poor and rich can have the same opportunities regardless of circumstances.

No, the rate has been dropping since 2010.

What LBJ programs were the cause of OOW births?

I can spend money on dog food and still starve the dog, and I have never ever seen a properly funded poverty program. Never.

I would like to have a serious discussion about this subject. Because of the numerous trolls and imbeciles that populate the NHB section, I have posted this same topic on the Liberals Only Forum.

Keeping a certain class out of the discussion...thats not very equal of you !