Erdogan Says Follower of Gulen, His Rival, Killed Russian Envoy

The president’s assertion, 48 hours after the ambassador was gunned down by an off-duty police officer at an Ankara art gallery, essentially doubled down on the Turkish government’s contention that evidence showed the assassin was a sleeper agent of Mr. Gulen, a Muslim cleric.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/world/europe/recep-tayyip-erdogan-fethullah-gulen-ambassador.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

More likely, it was just a Turk pissed off at Erdogan for not helping to evacuate Aleppo.

A close friend of mine was the daughter of the Turkish ambassador to Mexico in the late 1960's. She was an expert at Turkish politics, which are quite, well Byzantine. Gulen will get blamed for everything. I don't know much about him, but to Erdogan he is Dr. Evil.

More likely, it was just a Turk pissed off at Erdogan for not helping to evacuate Aleppo.

A close friend of mine was the daughter of the Turkish ambassador to Mexico in the late 1960's. She was an expert at Turkish politics, which are quite, well Byzantine. Gulen will get blamed for everything. I don't know much about him, but to Erdogan he is Dr. Evil.

Gulen is living in the Poconos, Pennsylvania. The US is protecting him. Since Russian is aiding Syrian in killing its people. it is not hard to see the anger toward Russia.

This cop is an Arabic-speaking Turk, or perhaps a Turkish-speaking Arab. I would not be surprised to hear that he lost family or some other loved one in Aleppo. Evacuating civilians were ambushed and gunned down despite a guarantee of safe passage.

I don't think the US thinks that the charges against Gulen are valid, and there is not an extradition agreement for what he is accused of between the US and Turkey. It would be illegal to deport him. I will be surprised if Trump allows him to be deported, he is a legal US resident.

This cop is an Arabic-speaking Turk, or perhaps a Turkish-speaking Arab. I would not be surprised to hear that he lost family or some other loved one in Aleppo. Evacuating civilians were ambushed and gunned down despite a guarantee of safe passage.

I don't think the US thinks that the charges against Gulen are valid, and there is not an extradition agreement for what he is accused of between the US and Turkey. It would be illegal to deport him. I will be surprised if Trump allows him to be deported, he is a legal US resident.

US can extradite him. Obama and Kerry, however, made it clear they will not do it. From what I've seen and read, it seems very possible that the US and Gulen were behind the coup--at least supporting it.