Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakelite

Getting Rid of these Guns

Seriously, if you don't know anything about guns, then you don't want a shotgun for home defense. It would hurt your shoulder. Also, you don't want something that blows holes in walls, you don't know whats on the other side of that wall. You also don't want something that spews projectiles everywhere if you miss. Same thing with an AR-15 or and AK-47... notice... two different weapons... No such thing as an AR47 or AK15, like I've seen people post. Their bullets fly through drywall and could hit an innocent person on the other side.

What you want is a large enough caliber pistol to do damage to the person that it hits, but doesn't do anything beyond that. .22, .25, .38.... too small for someone hyped up on drugs as is a 380 or a 9mm if you're using a full metal jacketed bullet. I would seriously recommend a 9mm but spend the money on a good bullet that mushrooms when it hits flesh, that way it does maximum damage to the person it hits, but doesn't blow through them and possibly through a wall and hit an innocent person on the other side. If you're a crappy shot, then get a 9mm carbine rifle. VERY accurate, VERY scary looking and use a good 9mm round like an R.I.P. , a Hypershock or other hollow point. Yes, I am a chick and I do know my guns. Grew up in Nebraska with guns shooting on my papaws farm.

Oh, and HK is a manufacturer. Heckler and Koch

Shotguns loaded with birdshot are probably the least likely of any weapon to penetrate walls. Yet at close range, they produce fearsome, aggression-stopping wounds. And at home-defense ranges, the shot spreads very little. It's only at longer ranges that it begins to scatter very much. A good recoil pad will eliminate the discomfort of recoil for most. Shotguns are a good choice.

I'm old and find myself with physical limitations now. I have opted for a .45ACP pistol with green laser, as a home defense weapon. I use Hornady self-defense hollow points, designed to mushroom on entry, dumping all their energy into the target without exiting.

I hope I NEVER have to use it for anything but target practice.

That's what my con brother has a ar47, wish I knew the price though shows out of stock

I heard that anybody can make an ar47 as they are extremely easy to put together and it doesn't take any real skill.

Seriously, if you don't know anything about guns, then you don't want a shotgun for home defense. It would hurt your shoulder. Also, you don't want something that blows holes in walls, you don't know whats on the other side of that wall. You also don't want something that spews projectiles everywhere if you miss. Same thing with an AR-15 or and AK-47... notice... two different weapons... No such thing as an AR47 or AK15, like I've seen people post. Their bullets fly through drywall and could hit an innocent person on the other side.

What you want is a large enough caliber pistol to do damage to the person that it hits, but doesn't do anything beyond that. .22, .25, .38.... too small for someone hyped up on drugs as is a 380 or a 9mm if you're using a full metal jacketed bullet. I would seriously recommend a 9mm but spend the money on a good bullet that mushrooms when it hits flesh, that way it does maximum damage to the person it hits, but doesn't blow through them and possibly through a wall and hit an innocent person on the other side. If you're a crappy shot, then get a 9mm carbine rifle. VERY accurate, VERY scary looking and use a good 9mm round like an R.I.P. , a Hypershock or other hollow point. Yes, I am a chick and I do know my guns. Grew up in Nebraska with guns shooting on my papaws farm.

What kind of gun do you shoot, or suggest got the house?

Maybe these "undetectable" guns do exist. I'll remain sceptical until more information emerges.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/02/26/3-d-printing-technology-can-make-undetectable-guns

3D Printing Technology Can Make Undetectable Guns

DENVER (CBS4) – There’s no background check and no waiting in line, just a few clicks of the mouse and you’re off to target practice. New 3-D printing technology allows for a person to build completely plastic guns that are undetectable by almost any security system.

Cody Wilson of the non-profit Defense Distributed developed a 3-D blueprint for a plastic gun and posted it online for anyone to download. Within days, they were removed at the request of the U.S. State Department.

I heard that anybody can make an ar47 as they are extremely easy to put together and it doesn't take any real skill.

I doubt I could put one together, anyway if I wanted one because I was a deranged sicko I'd go to the gun show like criminals do

I doubt I could put one together, anyway if I wanted one because I was a deranged sicko I'd go to the gun show like criminals do

You are right but I can't imagine what kind of people that actually build guns.

This AR47 looks like a scary beast (see link)

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/psa-ar47-freedom-rifle-16-bbl-2830-detail.html?Itemid=0

Combining the best features of the AR and AK would seem to create an even more dangerous weapon than what the military uses.

A gun more dangerous than the military uses? That's just what we need in the streets and in our middle schools.

Those are amalgamations of two different guns; the AK-47 and an AR-15. It's like taking a Toyota Prius and a Nissan Leaf, combining them and calling it a Toyota Leaf. One is a rifle that "Looks" like an AK, but fires .223 ammo like an AR.

Guys, this is very sobering. A well respected columnist for the NY Daily News describes how firing just a few rounds of an AR15 made him feel sick and gave him PTSD:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

I wish we could clear the streets of these death machines.

LOL, this guy is a tool. What a woosie. I fired my dad's AR when I was 10.

Here is a 7 year old little girl firing an AR

And in response to this pussy of a "man" here is a guy's response to him, firing his AR off his chin.

And why you should NOT use a shotgun or big bore handgun for home defense if you're a wimp.

What kind of gun do you shoot, or suggest got the house?

I have a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 It's small, has a built in laser sight, fits in my purse. I use expensive bullets that won't go through walls, but mushroom out large when hey hit flesh, so they do as much damage or more than a standard .45 round.

Maybe these "undetectable" guns do exist. I'll remain sceptical until more information emerges.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/02/26/3-d-printing-technology-can-make-undetectable-guns

You can have all the undetectable guns in the world and they'll do you absolutely no good until they come up with undetectable bullets.

Most likely a plant or a Altright racist, I'm skeptical, truthfully hangalou should post some details like age race and a pic with his gun if he's a real progressive. My neighbor two condos over is a semi-gun nut and I bet he doesn't know all this stuff about guns. I'm on the fence about hangalou he hasn't said he owns ak15 so that gives me hope.

Most likely a plant or a Altright racist, I'm skeptical, truthfully hangalou should post some details like age race and a pic with his gun if he's a real progressive. My neighbor two condos over is a semi-gun nut and I bet he doesn't know all this stuff about guns. I'm on the fence about hangalou he hasn't said he owns ak15 so that gives me hope.

LOL, You're an idiot. If you look at my profile I tell you that I am a FEMALE and I'm 26 and live in Oregon. If you read any of my posts, you'd also know that I grew up in rural Nebraska, my father and brother have a lot of guns and you'd also know that I was in ROTC and that's where I get my knowledge. I do NOT posts pic of myself online because creeps like you usually end up sending me private messages telling the "things" that you'd like to do to me.

LOL, You're an idiot. If you look at my profile I tell you that I am a FEMALE and I'm 26 and live in Oregon. If you read any of my posts, you'd also know that I grew up in rural Nebraska, my father and brother have a lot of guns and you'd also know that I was in ROTC and that's where I get my knowledge. I do NOT posts pic of myself online because creeps like you usually end up sending me private messages telling the "things" that you'd like to do to me.

Oh sorry I didn't notice that you were a lady, you just seem to have too much gun knowledge so I figured otherwise. Also I wouldn't creep you out, we are too far across the country for that.

Oh sorry I didn't notice that you were a lady, you just seem to have too much gun knowledge so I figured otherwise. Also I wouldn't creep you out, we are too far across the country for that.

That'a awfully sexist of you to assume that just because I am a woman that I shouldn't know about guns. Now ask me about cars and I couldn't tell you shit. I don't even know where you put oil in the damn thing.

That'a awfully sexist of you to assume that just because I am a woman that I shouldn't know about guns. Now ask me about cars and I couldn't tell you shit. I don't even know where you put oil in the damn thing.

Must of been your screen name hang a Louie that made me think you were a man, and on my little phone screen I just didn't notice your stats. I wouldn't say I'm a sexiest by any means. Oh, by the way what's your cup size and measurements, just kidding

Must of been your screen name hang a Louie that made me think you were a man, and on my little phone screen I just didn't notice your stats. I wouldn't say I'm a sexiest by any means. Oh, by the way what's your cup size and measurements, just kidding

lol.... for you then... well.... fail. I tried to figure out a way to post a pic, but I can't figure it out. Nothing is working. Even uploading in my profile didn't work. Server failed.

Oh wait... here ya go

50563782.jpg

Sorry. I stand corrected. I thought it was an "AR47". My bad.

I don't own any guns but keep a cell phone on me at all times. If I ever run into trouble, I'll just dial 911.

lol.... for you then... well.... fail. I tried to figure out a way to post a pic, but I can't figure it out. Nothing is working. Even uploading in my profile didn't work. Server failed.

Oh wait... here ya go

50563782.jpg

WOW!!!!! :wub:

Oh wait... here ya go

50563782.jpg

Thanks for reassuring your not a man, now I'm gonna forward your address to my buddy Anthony weiner

Guys, this is very sobering. A well respected columnist for the NY Daily News describes how firing just a few rounds of an AR15 made him feel sick and gave him PTSD:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

I wish we could clear the streets of these death machines.

I wish I could live in a world where these types of terrifying weapons were confined to just the military. I don't even trust the police with them.