Dear Republican Evangelicals

laripu

They were relentless in criticizing Michelle Obama for wanting America's children to eat more healthily. They called her a chimp, an ape on heels.

Now we'll have someone who entered the country, then worked illegally for a time. Their idea of class, below. The total bankruptcy of their pretense of morality, a costume to hide the genuine vile racism beneath.

dear-republican-evangelicals-this-is-the

I'm no fan of religion, because their myths are mostly wrong and often harmful. But every once in a while a religious figure gets it right.

To all the right wing Catholics that voted for Trump, and have been voting Republican for years, here's something the Pope actually said:

popetrickle.png

If a religious person is more concerned about same sex marriage than about crushing poverty, they should check the hardness of their hearts.

I would agree that many of the evangelicals are extremely hypocritical. They have proved this again and again. As a catholic and liberal leaning person I have found Pope Francis to be refreshing for his compassion for the poor.

Long live Pope Francis. Despite his shortcomings, he is the most Liberal pope ever.

Regarding Melania ... I haven't decided yet. There is some evidence she might be anti Jewish, but it's inconclusive. There's also some reason to believe her politics may be quite different than her husband's. On a lighter note, it's really funny that sexy, bare-it-all Melania will become the evangelical's first lady. Now they own her.