Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zaro

Can the dem party be an opposition party?

The dem party is usually a compromise party. Even if they have the majority they tend to move slightly to the right in an effort to achieve bipartisanship. When the conholes have a majority they go far right and don't give a shit about bipartisanship.

So now that we need a true opposition party I fear that we are fresh outa luck

For Liberals everywhere, this is the most bleak Christmas ever. And the New Year will be celebrated with undertones of impending collapse. And barring the unexpected, much worse is ahead, after the inauguration.

But there is a possibility that a true opposition party might emerge in reaction to the overwhelming Conservative overreach that is bound to happen. Whether it will continue to be called the Democratic Party, or something else, remains to be seen. But even many of Trump's supporters will be appalled, when they see the true nature of what they wished for.

On January 20, the the bottle will be uncorked.

Most of Trump`s support comes from a sense of betrayal. And he's already shaping up to become another disappointment for them. But regardless, they lean conservative. If the dems plan to attract these people to win elections, we are just back to square one

Most of Trump`s support comes from a sense of betrayal. And he's already shaping up to become another disappointment for them. But regardless, they lean conservative. If the dems plan to attract these people to win elections, we are just back to square one

Actually The Democratic Party is a much better bet to deliver prosperity than all of Trump's promises. It's a question of getting the message across.

Actually The Democratic Party is a much better bet to deliver prosperity than all of Trump's promises. It's a question of getting the message across.

Oh absolutely. But the Trump supporters come with a lot of baggage. Anti civil rights for gays, anti abortion, pro death penalty etc.

They can be reached but only by compromising through a shift to the right again. I'm saying we just don't need two right wing parties. And in the end the real deal always wins

I think the Democratic party *can* be an opposition party; however, I don't think it *wants* to be one. What we need is a party takeover to replace the old guard leadership with new, more liberal leadership, and also with some younger leadership. We need, in essence, to rebuild the party. Barring that, we need a new, left-wing party to take the Democratic Party's place. I would be content with either one.

I would agree with EvilFerret that the present leadership needs to be replaced. Using the same old tactics will not produce an opposition party. There needs to be some soul searching but I am not sure the party is up to it with the present leadership. Unless this is done the next election will be more of a disaster than the 2016.

We will find out soon enough. When Obama took office the conholes got together and decided to oppose anything and everything he wanted to accomplish. And they did. Dems must do the same

The dems have sprinted so fast to the fringe left, it has left most of us behind, thats a fact. Thats why trump won, it was in protest to the same old bullshit in Washington. Clinton was crooked as hell and we all know it, must of us just won't admit it and would rather lie to ourselves. They're all crooked. If we don't change that first, nothing else matters. I think Obama was the least cooked in a long time, and thats only because he hadn't been in real politics very long. Honestly, we can call names and cry and roll around in the streets, but thats not going to change, actually all of the crying has empowered the right even more, they can't get enough of us crying acting like butt hurt babies. I can't blame them, i would eat it up too if i were them and so would each one of you. without some brutal honesty with ourselves and some new leadership, you can forget winning in four years. I hate to say it but Trump is already on a strong note with keeping Carrier here. Obama mocked him that it would be impossible to keep them here and he did so....... we will see

If not for flakey, unreliable, and self-defeating divisionism the Democratic party would be the ruling party.

Those of us who are committed Democrats should not look to be an "opposition" party, but to gain the majority.

We won't get to a majority by relying on the sorts on the unreliables who stabbed us in the back despite knowing full well Trump was the alternative.

To minimize the damage of Trump is an imperative.

We also need to build a solid base of support on a coalition that will hold. Those on the fringe who behaved treasonously are delusional if they think Democrats are going to look to them for the direction our party takes.

Bill

If not for flakey, unreliable, and self-defeating divisionism the Democratic party would be the ruling party.

Those of us who are committed Democrats should not look to be an "opposition" party, but to gain the majority.

We won't get to a majority by relying on the sorts on the unreliables who stabbed us in the back despite knowing full well Trump was the alternative.

We also need to build a solid base of support on a coalition that will hold. Those on the fringe who behaved treasonously are delusional if they think Democrats are going to look to them for the direction our party takes.

Bill

We need a liberal party that is focused on the needs of working class America. Period.

Screw the big corporations, lobbyists, and wealthy donors.

Going forward, if the party is not focused on the middle class and their needs, they WILL lose. Establishment politicians need to go the way of the dodo bird. They do not represent the people.

We need a liberal party that is focused on the needs of working class America. Period.

Screw the big corporations, lobbyists, and wealthy donors.

Going forward, if the party is not focused on the middle class and their needs, they WILL lose. Establishment politicians need to go the way of the dodo bird. They do not represent the people.

By your own actions, you lost your seat at the table of the Democratic party as far as I'm concerned.

Your moral standing is shot.

Bill

By your own actions, you lost your seat at the table of the Democratic party as far as I'm concerned.

Bill

An elected Democratic official, with that attitude, would divide the Party worse than ever before.

An elected Democratic official, with that attitude, would divide the Party worse than ever before.

It's doing exactly that. Establishment politicians have lost millions of supporters.

It's up to them whether or not they want those supporters back.

Bill

Good thing you don't get to decide my choices. :lol:

My moral standing is just fine and holding strong. I'm not the one who compromised my ideals this past November. I will NEVER compromise and vote for any candidate I don't think will represent the voters.

It's doing exactly that. Establishment politicians have lost millions of supporters.

It's up to them whether or not they want those supporters back.

Good thing you don't get to decide my choices. :lol:

My moral standing is just fine and holding strong. I'm not the one who compromised my ideals this past November. I will NEVER compromise and vote for any candidate I don't think will represent the voters.

You sold out the country dude. You got us Trump. No moral standing.

We Democrats need to build a majority coalition.

Majority coalitions require that people make compromises. Rational adults understand this.

Our aim should never be to become an opposition party. No way.

Bill

Bill

I think congressional dems could build a base by doing their darnest to oppose Trump in his first term

You sold out the country dude. You got us Trump.

Incorrect. I didn't vote for Trump.

We Democrats need to build a majority coalition.

I'm an independent. I only vote for Democrats who represent the middle class. I will vote against establishment Democrats who suck up to big business and wealthy donors.

Majority coalitions require that people make compromises. Rational adults understand this.

I'm a rational adult who understands if we keep settling and voting for crappy candidates who don't represent us, that's all we will ever get. Never again will I vote for corporate tools who pander to the wealthy elites (while tossing average Americans under the economic bus).

Those days are gone forever. If the establishment wants to ever win an election again, they will need to WORK for the middle class. There are millions more just like me and we will stand strong.

I have no problem leaving a section on my ballot blank if I don't think any of the candidates will represent the voters.

I think congressional dems could build a base by doing their darnest to oppose Trump in his first term

I agree. Democrats will need to stop and obstruct the worst excesses of Trumpism. But we can't afford to settle in as an "opposition party."

Democrats need to re-build our majority on the state and electoral college levels. For that, we need a positive message that resonates widely with the American people.

Bill

Democrats need to re-build our majority on the state and electoral college levels. For that, we need a positive message that resonates widely with the American people.

Bill

Do you disagree that a party dedicated to working class Americans is needed? Healthcare, wealth inequality, and affordable college need to be addressed, imho. The working class is drowning and neither party seems to give a rat's ass.

Do you disagree that a party dedicated to working class Americans is needed? Healthcare, wealth inequality, and affordable college need to be addressed, imho. The working class is drowning and neither party seems to give a rat's ass.

I don't believe we should set up our party on an ideology of class-warfare, if that's what you mean.

An angry populist party of demagoguery is the last direction the Democratic party should take.

All the points you mentioned: healthcare, addressing wealth inequality, and affordable college are areas HRC would have championed. And she'd have provided the stability and liberal leadership that would have driven an economic expansion that would have benefited many millions of Americans.

We have a party that cares about the plight of the disadvantaged, it's the Democratic party.

Bill

I agree. Democrats will need to stop and obstruct the worst excesses of Trumpism. But we can't afford to settle in as an "opposition party."

Bill

Political strategy alone will not re-build the Democratic Party. Voters are less interested in bickering between parties than they are in candidates that understand their struggles. We Democrats will never resonate with the voters needed to re-build majorities in municipal, state and electoral levels, without addressing their needs and desires.

The 800 Lb gorilla in the electoral room now, is economic inequality. It is destroying the middle class and getting us deeper into plutocracy than we already are. When Trump fails to bring prosperity, as he promised, that is the best way to attack him.

Bill

Obama dropped the ball when he didn't go after the Wall street gangsters who caused the 08 collapse. I would have loved to see Bushco held to account over the Iraq war but knew that that would never happen.

The message that resonates widely is stop the plunder of the American people. They wanna see some heads roll

I don't believe we should set up our party on an ideology of class-warfare, if that's what you mean.

An angry populist party of demagoguery is the last direction the Democratic party should take.

All the points you mentioned: healthcare, addressing wealth inequality, and affordable college are areas HRC would have championed. And she'd have provided the stability and liberal leadership that would have driven an economic expansion that would have benefited many millions of Americans.

We have a party that cares about the plight of the disadvantaged, it's the Democratic party.

Bill

Not acknowledging that corruption and elitism has crept into the Democratic Party is a failure which could lead to its extinction. It is the same mistake made by the Hillary campaign. The Democrats used to be the party of ordinary people but lost its way. To keep insisting on a transparent lie is self-defeating. We need to regain our bearings and become the Party of the People again.

Obama dropped the ball when he didn't go after the Wall street gangsters who caused the 08 collapse.

That is because, imho, Obama has become part of the Washington establishment who makes sure that Wall Street always rakes it in.

He didn't start out that way, but has become an elitist over the last eight years. Thank goodness the TPP got shot down...

That is because, imho, Obama has become part of the Washington establishment who makes sure that Wall Street always rakes it in.

He didn't start out that way, but has become an elitist over the last eight years. Thank goodness the TPP got shot down...

Supporting the original, unepurgated draft of the job-destroying TPP as strongly as he did, is a major blot on Obama's legacy

No holds barred chat

• Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• grgle

• Where’s at @slideman?

• Hola

• I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• Where does it say 2?

• So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• Mine too. 

• I thought it was my location.. 

• Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• OK thanks

• Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

• All lives matter.

• Double post deleted.

• By teacher

Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

This one is made for me. 

• By teacher

Being offended does not make one correct. 

• By teacher

Some few days before the next election Mr. Fools is gonna pin my horse thread. it's gonna be horrible, I shall endevour every day to bring some some fresh. 

I still own this cat box.

• By teacher

"I'm coming to you for ask a quick favor."

• By teacher

"Anyone that places a color in front of their name is racist." That one is not mine, got it from another member. 

• Where’s all the hot bitches? 

• By teacher

Kidding me? 

• By nuckin futz

How do I get rid of this chatroom box?

• By nuckin futz

How do I get rid of this chatroom box?

• By nuckin futz

Get me out of Chatbox!

• By jefftec

The chatbox stays expanded and is a nuisance blocking screen images. What setting is there to control/collapse chatbox?

• By kfools

Just click the no holds barred to collapse it.

• By XavierOnassis

diddle dee dee

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom