Trump's son-in-law bought his way into Harvard

drvoke

3500.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and his wife Ivanka.

That silver spoon, spoiled brat bought his way into Harvard over more qualified people. It's disgusting what the wealthy get away with in this country. The Democrats should find a way to strip him of his degree. That little bastard.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/18/jared-kushner-harvard-donald-trump-son-in-law

(Full article at above link)

I would like to express my gratitude to Jared Kushner for reviving interest in my 2006 book, The Price of Admission. I have never met or spoken with him, and it’s rare in this life to find such a selfless benefactor. Of course, I doubt he became Donald Trump’s son-in-law and consigliere merely to boost my lagging sales, but still, I’m thankful.

My book exposed a grubby secret of American higher education: that the rich buy their underachieving children’s way into elite universities with massive, tax-deductible donations. It reported that New Jersey real estate developer Charles Kushner had pledged $2.5m to Harvard University not long before his son Jared was admitted to the prestigious Ivy League school, which at the time accepted about one of every nine applicants. (Nowadays, it only takes one out of 20.)

I also quoted administrators at Jared’s high school, who described him as a less-than-stellar student and expressed dismay at Harvard’s decision.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,’’ a former official at the Frisch school in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA [grade point average] did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought, for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.’’

My idea was to figure out how many children of these corporate titans, oil barons, money managers, lawyers, high-tech consultants and old-money heirs had gone to Harvard. A disproportionate tally might suggest that the university eased its standards for the offspring of wealthy backers.

Jared's father, Charles Kushner’s empire encompassed 25,000 New Jersey apartments, along with extensive office, industrial and retail space and undeveloped land. Unlike most of his fellow committee members, though, Kushner was not a Harvard man. He had graduated from New York University. This eliminated the sentimental tug of the alma mater as a reason for him to give to Harvard, leaving another likely explanation: his children. Sure enough, his sons Jared and Joshua had both enrolled there.

Charles Kushner differed from his peers on the committee in another way: he had a criminal record. Five years after Jared entered Harvard, the elder Kushner pleaded guilty in 2004 to tax violations, illegal campaign donations and retaliating against a witness. (As it happens, the prosecutor in the case was Chris Christie, recently ousted as the head of Trump’s transition team.) Charles Kushner had hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, who was cooperating with federal authorities. Kushner then had a videotape of the tryst sent to his sister. He was sentenced to two years in federal prison.

I completed my analysis, which justified my hunch. Of the 400-plus tycoons on Harvard’s list – which included people who were childless or too young to have college-age offspring – more than half had sent at least one child to the university.

While looking into Kushner’s taxes, though, federal authorities had subpoenaed records of his charitable giving. I learned that in 1998, when Jared was attending the Frisch school and starting to look at colleges, his father had pledged $2.5m to Harvard, to be paid in annual instalments of $250,000.

At Harvard, Jared Kushner majored in government. Now the 35-year-old is poised to become the power behind the presidency. What he plans to do, and in what direction he and his father-in-law will lead the country, are far more important than his high school grades.

Harvard, Yale and other Ivy League schools have humongous endowments. They have enjoyed a hold on the nation's politics on both sides of the political spectrum for ever, which has gown most since the Robber Baron Era of the 1890's. It is not WHAT you know, it is WHO you know, and how you know them is to attend Harvard or Yale.

Wow...

Terrible..

Does anyone remember when Kennedy got caught cheating?

So the Democrats should go after Trumps son in law?

Liberals have very selective memories. Close to rioting over Trump's wife & her plagiarism accusations.

Not so with Biden's & MLK's plagiarisms.

We are advocates for restricting college admissions to decent, clean, moral, patriotic, REAL Americans who pay cash on the line.

No more Chinks, Gooks, Slants and Spot-Heads slinking around, brushing their nasty teeth once a year.

No more smelly nigqer rodents with zero IQs, ranting for "safe spaces" where nigqers can walk on all fours as God intended, taking classes in Nigqer Oppression taught by screeching shitskin vermin.

No more mincing, lisping faggots shrieking about "microaggressions" and oppression such as torn sphincters.

"Trigger warnings" for all unclean raghead filth: BAM! BANG! POW!

Know what we mean?

The Kennedys are New Rich when it comes to making a fortune. Old Joe Kennedy was a bootlegger.

The Ivy League universities are the ultimate examples of Old Money.

They make their money the old fashioned way: they steal it from the thieves who stole it first. They were the ones who cleaned up from the suppliers to the Union Army during the Civil War.They financed the scammers and thieves that built the railroads across the continent. They financed the claim jumpers that took over the many gold rushes, and sold provisions and transportation to the miners who did the actual work.

Brown University was financed by the Slave Trade. There were both owners and financiers of slave vessels and abolitionists in the Brown family. Money has no principles.

I would be surprised if the story was Kushner did not buy his way into Harvard. Buying into the Ivy League has been going on for over 100 years. Brown was a slaver who started a university. Skull and Bones. Legacy admissions, on and on. This is not even close to news if you live in New England. Ask Moochelle about Princeton Legacies. They probably let her in on a double affirmative action program.

That silver spoon, spoiled brat bought his way into Harvard over more qualified people. It's disgusting what the wealthy get away with in this country. The Democrats should find a way to strip him of his degree. That little bastard.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/18/jared-kushner-harvard-donald-trump-son-in-law

I would like to express my gratitude to Jared Kushner for reviving interest in my 2006 book, The Price of Admission. I have never met or spoken with him, and it’s rare in this life to find such a selfless benefactor. Of course, I doubt he became Donald Trump’s son-in-law and consigliere merely to boost my lagging sales, but still, I’m thankful.

My book exposed a grubby secret of American higher education: that the rich buy their underachieving children’s way into elite universities with massive, tax-deductible donations. It reported that New Jersey real estate developer Charles Kushner had pledged $2.5m to Harvard University not long before his son Jared was admitted to the prestigious Ivy League school, which at the time accepted about one of every nine applicants. (Nowadays, it only takes one out of 20.)

I also quoted administrators at Jared’s high school, who described him as a less-than-stellar student and expressed dismay at Harvard’s decision.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,’’ a former official at the Frisch school in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA [grade point average] did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought, for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.’’

My idea was to figure out how many children of these corporate titans, oil barons, money managers, lawyers, high-tech consultants and old-money heirs had gone to Harvard. A disproportionate tally might suggest that the university eased its standards for the offspring of wealthy backers.

Jared's father, Charles Kushner’s empire encompassed 25,000 New Jersey apartments, along with extensive office, industrial and retail space and undeveloped land. Unlike most of his fellow committee members, though, Kushner was not a Harvard man. He had graduated from New York University. This eliminated the sentimental tug of the alma mater as a reason for him to give to Harvard, leaving another likely explanation: his children. Sure enough, his sons Jared and Joshua had both enrolled there.

Charles Kushner differed from his peers on the committee in another way: he had a criminal record. Five years after Jared entered Harvard, the elder Kushner pleaded guilty in 2004 to tax violations, illegal campaign donations and retaliating against a witness. (As it happens, the prosecutor in the case was Chris Christie, recently ousted as the head of Trump’s transition team.) Charles Kushner had hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, who was cooperating with federal authorities. Kushner then had a videotape of the tryst sent to his sister. He was sentenced to two years in federal prison.

I completed my analysis, which justified my hunch. Of the 400-plus tycoons on Harvard’s list – which included people who were childless or too young to have college-age offspring – more than half had sent at least one child to the university.

While looking into Kushner’s taxes, though, federal authorities had subpoenaed records of his charitable giving. I learned that in 1998, when Jared was attending the Frisch school and starting to look at colleges, his father had pledged $2.5m to Harvard, to be paid in annual instalments of $250,000.

At Harvard, Jared Kushner majored in government. Now the 35-year-old is poised to become the power behind the presidency. What he plans to do, and in what direction he and his father-in-law will lead the country, are far more important than his high school grades.

So did George H W Bushs' sons, but that's old news now.

Why is this news? No one cares. He isn't running for office. Stop being a losing drama bitch. You lost the election now be a man and stop being a whiny cunt.

The point of the OP may have been a big deal to some. Those of us who live in the east have known about this for a century. Going to the Yale Bowl to see Yale beat Harvard is not a real big deal. Fortunes of the 1800's industrialists are still around in Mass. Entire families have gone to the Ivy League. When Ted Kennedy (Legacy) got kicked out of Harvard he went to Brown. Ivy League snots are like fly specks on wallpaper. You don't know they are there.

2.5 million will buy you a lot these days.

25 million will keep you out of jail in a fraud case.

27.5 million in fraud cases probably a member of skull and bones.

He is an elitist playing a populace

And you called Hillary the most corrupt politician on the planet

This is probably going to come as another huge shock to the system of liberals but...who you know is hugely important in almost every school and (afterwards) career you can imagine.

Why do you think The Little Bitch (aka Chelsea Clinton) was able to get $600,000 a year from NBC to be a special correspondent with absolutely no experience in the industry?