Abolish the Senate.

All this talk from liberals about doing away with the electoral college because it isn't democracy, why aren't they calling to abolish the Senate? Two Senators from each state regardless of their population? How is THAT democracy?

Liberals need to grow past the "mob rule" mentality they are indoctrinated with at public schools and universities where they are conditioned that being a tyrant is okay so long as the majority agree with it.

All this talk from liberals about doing away with the electoral college because it isn't democracy, why aren't they calling to abolish the Senate? Two Senators from each state regardless of their population? How is THAT democracy?

No one has advocated doing away with the Senate. What you have done here is set up "straw man" argument and then refuted your own bogus interpretation of it.

This is a classic logical fallacy and you should hide yourself in shame for posting it, as it reveals that you are a dunce.

YOU right wing thinker want people to promote doing away with the senate?

Why?

ALEC should be forced from the GOP party because they are not republicans and are using the GOP name which may constitute a violation of the law for circumventing the ballot process.

ALEC should be forced into the ballot process in order to be recognized as a legal party. The FBI should be assigned to investigate this organization ALEC that which is actively seeking

to over throw the United Sates of America.

ALEC is a GOP Imposter.

ALEC has Nazi tendencies and Fascist Tendencies therefore could be subjected to Trading with the Enemy Act as a front operation that is supporting the Nazis. Fred Koch did in fact build Hitler a refinery.

Prescott Bush was subjected to prosecuted under the Trading with the Enemy Act in which his bank was seized by the USA Government. Prescott Bush was selling weapons to the Nazi group.

YOU right wing thinker want people to promote doing away with the senate?

Wrong. I don't want the Senate abolished. I'm asking why you merrill, the one who wants to do away with the electoral college because it is an affront to democracy, why you don't want to do away with the Senate which is much more an affront to democracy.

You continue with your straw man argument. It just makes you look like a fool. Like the name "rightturnsonly".

Continue revolving in ever-diminishing circles until "*POP!*" at last, you vanish up your own asshole.

The idea that the Electoral College causes candidates to pay more attention to the smaller states was not accurate in 2016. Who visited DE, RI, CT, AK, WY, ID, ND, SD?

NH was the only place they paid much attention to.

I want to do away with ALEC and the Electoral College and Special Interest Financing of Elections and Electronic Voting Devices all of which are THE affront to democracy.

Don't care about the rest of your bucket list.

How is the electoral college and affront to democracy while a Senator from the heavily populated California has just as much say as a Senator from Alaska, is not?

You continue with your straw man argument. It just makes you look like a fool. Like the name "rightturnsonly".

Continue revolving in ever-diminishing circles until "*POP!*" at last, you vanish up your own asshole.

The idea that the Electoral College causes candidates to pay more attention to the smaller states was not accurate in 2016. Who visited DE, RI, CT, AK, WY, ID, ND, SD?

NH was the only place they paid much attention to.

You're confusing 'straw-man' with 'style'. Grow a brain.

Which candidate visited Wisconsin?

It is a classic straw man argument. I cannot help it if you flunked Freshman Comp and Speech 101.

Wisconsin is an average sized state, not a tiny one. I think both candidates went there. Google it.

Here is what I see, you can't win the argument so you pretend you win the argument by declaring it a <deep voice> "straw man argument".

Here's the core question. Why is the electoral college an affront to democracy and two senators from each state regardless of the states population, not?

Why is the electoral college an affront to democracy and two senators from each state regardless of the states population, not?

Because our president should be chosen by a majority of the people, not some silly ancient institution created by slaveholders for balance between slave and free states.

Two senators for every state provides a sufficient amount of power to the smaller states, because this is a federal country.

I do not think that the people would ever vote to eliminate the Senate. I think there are excellent arguments for eliminating the Electoral College.

The country could function without the Senate, but the Senate has been far more useful over the years than the EC, which has given us only JQ Adams, Hayes, Juniorbush and now Trump.

The Senate has provided many good candidates for president.

I want to do away with ALEC and the Electoral College and Special Interest Financing of Elections and Electronic Voting Devices all of which are THE affront to democracy.

Ask yourself why do we voters tend to vote for the largest spending candidates? Is it that voters are not paying attention?

There is plenty voters can do about it. Don't vote for the big spenders ever. Sending the same names back for the past 36 years isn't working for the nation nor the economy nor the job market.

Lets’s demand a new system and vote in Fair Vote America : http://www.fairvote.org/irv/

Demand a change on the next ballot.

Incumbents, famous political names say NO to the voters, live in glass houses and digest corrupt money.

We need public financing of campaigns. Citizens cannot afford special interest money campaigns for it is the citizens that get left out. Let citizens vote on this issue.

http://www.publicampaign.org/

Who would be against Public Funding? The special interest money providers plus their bought and paid for politicians!

Why is the electoral college an affront to democracy and two senators from each state regardless of the states population, not?

Because our president should be chosen by a majority of the people, not some silly ancient institution created by slaveholders for balance between slave and free states.

Why? Oh, because you think the Electoral College is "silly". Really good reasoning there slick.

Two senators for every state provides a sufficient amount of power to the smaller states, because this is a federal country.

So small states are only allowed just a little bit of power in the legislative branch and not the executive branch of government. Why? To be consistent, shouldn't the executive branch also employ some sort of check to the "tyranny of the majority"?

I do not think that the people would ever vote to eliminate the Senate.

Irrelevant, since we are discussing "why" people would ever vote to abolish the Senate; but a little circular reasoning never hurt a liberal, it's what you do.

I think there are excellent arguments for eliminating the Electoral College.

Still waiting to hear them and why those arguments should not apply to abolishing the Senate which awards power unequally.

Best you have is that you think small states shouldn't be ruled by the tyranny of the majority but that that check on the tyranny of the majority should only exist in the the legislative branch and not the executive branch (and by extension of the executive branch, the judicial branch). What we don't know is "WHY".

The policy in this country has always been "minority rights, majority privileges" There is no "tyranny of the majority".

No president I know of has ever been accused of singling out tiny states for persecution. Your "tyrrany of the majority" crap is just bogus in any pragmatic assessment.

You are aping some idiot rightwing talkshow rantster, it appears.

We allow tiny Delaware to set laws for corporations all over the nation. Read any stockholders' annual report and you will find that most companies are chartered in Delaware.

Some financial institutions are chartered in SD, like the one behind your credit card.

Small states have their own individual state governments.

I have lived in MO, NM, KS, IA, TX, WA, WV, VA, MD and FL and have never NEVER felt that I was in any sort of tyranny.

I explained in as great detail as anyone could why favoring abolishing the Senate is not advisable, while abolishing the stupid EC is.

I am through with you.

You are a waste of time.

Google "Logical Fallacies" and stop making a fool of yourself.

Tyranny of the majority is real, and the Senate (for the legislative branch) and the Electoral College (for the executive branch and by extension the judicial branch) keep it in check. The only reason to do away with the electoral college is to subject the people to the tyranny of the majority.

Tyranny of the majority is real, and the Senate (for the legislative branch) and the Electoral College (for the executive branch and by extension the judicial branch) keep it in check. The only reason to do away with the electoral college is to subject the people to the tyranny of the majority.

If the electoral vote numbers were reversed, the new liberal mantra would be:

"All hail the Electoral Vote"

Sour fucking grapes.

If the electoral vote numbers were reversed, the new liberal mantra would be:

"All hail the Electoral Vote"

Sour fucking grapes.

That mothertrumper was rubbing it in our faces just a few short months ago, my how these fickle liberals change. Not one consistent core value in the whole bunch.

I do not think that the people would ever vote to eliminate the Senate. I think there are excellent arguments for eliminating the Electoral College.

The country could function without the Senate, but the Senate has been far more useful over the years than the EC, which has given us only JQ Adams, Hayes, Juniorbush and now Trump.

The Senate has provided many good candidates for president.

NOW let me show you WHY your entire argument is competely bound in libturd BULLSHIT!!!

FIRST you argue FOR a "Pure Democracy" and then you say that the Senate provides equal power to the smaller States.

Psssst. Moron. The Electoral College gives the same EQUAL POWER to the smaller states in electing the President so that NO ONE STATE OR 4-5 CONGLOMERATE OF STATES CAN CONTROL AN ELECTION FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Damn, Imagine that. YOU just TRUMPED your OWN FUCKING STUPID ARGUMENT!!!

ROFLMGDAO!!!

Libturds are sooooo fucking stoooooopid.