Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbernardi

We can't risk losing in 2020. Make sure the next candidate is OURS

You try to quell criticism of the Democratic Party by name-calling and disrespect. That is for NHB. Don't do it in the LO Rm, any more, or there will be consequences.

That's not true. The posts I've object to drip with name-calling and disrespect. Calling Democrats the proslavery party is name-calling. Calling me a member of the far-right of the Democratic party is name-calling (and an outright lie).

Heal yourself.

Bill

The guy saved the country from the most serious recession since the great depression, and you want to slag on him?

Bill

Depends what one means by "saved". The Country is certainly better off than when Bush/Cheney were through with it.

For me, the big problem is that the Middle Class continues to disappear and all new wealth still flows to the top. The ultra rich are still being given a free pass to avoid taxes by hoarding vast fortunes in places like Switzerland or Bahamas. And a huge red flag is that Obama is four-square behind the TPP, which would accelerate the demise of the Middle Class in America.

That's not true. The posts I've object to drip with name-calling and disrespect. Calling Democrats the proslavery party is name-calling. Calling me a member of the far-right of the Democratic party is name-calling (and an outright lie).

Bill

No. All those posts were respectful to you. To identify so closely with the Democratic Party, as it is now, that you consider criticism of it, criticism of you, is folley.

Heal yourself.

Are you some kind of medic?

Real liberals are going to get busy opposing Trump and the GOP House and Senate.

Bill

Liberals have two jobs during this bleak time. To fix their own broken party. And to fight tooth and nail against Trump and his regressives.

Liberals have two jobs during this bleak time. To fix their own broken party. And to fight tooth and nail against Trump and his regressives.

Building a strong party is critical; sitting passively by while enemies attack and try to destroy our party is a whole different matter.

Nothing constructive is happening here. Calling the Democratic party the 21st Century "slavery party" is not a liberal position or one that conforms with reality.

Bill

The Democratic Party is in deep trouble because it is now infected with a large number of elitist, economically Conservative and socially Liberal lawmakers who are on the take from big interests. When this faction of the Democratic Party joins forces with Republicans, who are 100% on the take, the result are policies and legislation which shrink the middle class and funnel all new wealth to the very top.

The Democratic Party needs to become the party of the people, again, or keep losing to the Republicans who are far better funded and better able to create fiction to seduce an under-educated and gullible electorate.

So now the Democratic Party has two tasks: To fight against Trump and his regressives. And to clean up our own party.

The Democratic Party's biggest advantage is believability. That election advantage is lost when people see themselves losing ground economically, while all new wealth goes to the top. Under those circumstances, increasing numbers of voters will become vulnerable to seductive Republican lies.

When Democratic lawmakers convince themselves that there is nothing wrong with taking money from corporations and the ultra rich, in return for laws and policies designed to add wealth at the very top, it undermines the ability of Democratic candidates to find favor with enough voters to win. If Hillary's trust numbers weren't so low, she would have won in a landslide, despite all obstacles.

Not only did we lose the Executive branch; We lost the House, Senate and Supreme Court. And in the states, we lost governors and members of state legislatures. This election was a monumental loss. And now we are faced with putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Trump may sabotage himself in the White House and on the strength of that, we may win the next cycle. But if we don't clean up our party and start reversing the wealth gap instead of increasing it, we are lost.

There jury is out on Trump. He is clearly backtracking on much of his election demagoguery. This guy may end up doing very little on the social front (he may not even fight for conservative judges), put forth a new economic agenda which may actually benefit workers (e.g. Nullify the Union busting trade agreements), while at the c same time cleaning up on money for his own family businesses. I believe this is going to be a very difficult administration to pigeon-hole.

Agree mostly RichF. The fact that Trump is walking back many of his more extreme campaign promises is a good sign.

But we are in uncharted territory. Part of the danger of a Trump presidency is that he's prone to say or do anything expedient, without remorse. He's proved that he doesn't hesitate to cheerfully contradict himself when convenient. So, ultimately, no one really knows what his policies will be.

When he actually assumes office, we'll get a better idea of what he's really about.

My best guess is that Trump is most interested in building giant monuments to his legacy such as Eisenhower's highway system and the Hoover Dam. Ivanka and Kushner appear to be quite moderate on social issues and have lots of sway. Kushner in particular seems to want to get into politics. The whole family is mostly apolitical in regards to almost every issue other than making money. I think the Democratics are going to have less problems with Trump than the Elite Republicans.

An inspiring example:

http://bulletin.represent.us/corruption-cleanup-looks-like-south-dakota-lobbyists-complain-resign-freak/?akid=11521.239512.IqsiZa&rd=1&t=2

What Corruption Cleanup Looks Like: South Dakota Lobbyists Complain, Resign, Freak Out
man-running-with-briefcase-320x256.jpg

Have you ever seen cockroaches scurry when a light turns on? That’s exactly what South Dakota lobbyists and political establishment look like following passage of America’s first statewide Anti-Corruption Act.

The Act is the most comprehensive, transformative Anti-Corruption Act in American history. And it’s already having an impact.

Here’s a snapshot of what’s happened since the Act passed:

As you can see, corruption doesn’t like sunlight – and now it’s out in the open in South Dakota.

My best guess is that Trump is most interested in building giant monuments to his legacy such as Eisenhower's highway system and the Hoover Dam. Ivanka and Kushner appear to be quite moderate on social issues and have lots of sway. Kushner in particular seems to want to get into politics. The whole family is mostly apolitical in regards to almost every issue other than making money. I think the Democratics are going to have less problems with Trump than the Elite Republicans.

I want to believe you're right, Rich.

It's about time that people began to revolt against parasitical corruption that makes our government nothing more than a roach hotel.

There jury is out on Trump. He is clearly backtracking on much of his election demagoguery. This guy may end up doing very little on the social front (he may not even fight for conservative judges), put forth a new economic agenda which may actually benefit workers (e.g. Nullify the Union busting trade agreements), while at the c same time cleaning up on money for his own family businesses. I believe this is going to be a very difficult administration to pigeon-hole.

Sounds like you approve of the Trumpist agenda, which is precisely what I expected all along.

Bill

If the Dems want to continue with the hand picking of presidential candidates,

May they can(are) start schooling Chelsea Clinton to run the next election.

Untill we get open primaries we will get to vote on the party's choice for us.

Sounds like you approve of the Trumpist agenda, which is precisely what I expected all along.

Bill

If he helps the working class on his way to self-glory and family riches, then that would be infinitely better than the Clinton/Obama policies which simply demolished the middle class on their way to self-glory and riches. My preference is someone like Bernie Sanders who doesn't need to sell out the middle class for a mere $200 million.

If the Dems want to continue with the hand picking of presidential candidates,

May they can(are) start schooling Chelsea Clinton to run the next election.

Untill we get open primaries we will get to vote on the party's choice for us.

They are definitely grooming Chelsea. It's tough get rid of these insects once they infect party. Hopefully me blood cleanses most of these parasites out, if for no other reason than their own political jobs are in great peril. Almost no Democrats are left anywhere anymore other than in a handful of geographies. The Party of neo-slavery Elites is rapidly evaporating. Good riddance. There is nothing worse than a band of Quislings.

If he helps the working class on his way to self-glory and family riches, then that would be infinitely better than the Clinton/Obama policies which simply demolished the middle class on their way to self-glory and riches. My preference is someone like Bernie Sanders who doesn't need to sell out the middle class for a mere $200 million.

You've embraced Trumpist fascism in exactly the same way Germans embraced Hitler, on the false promises of economic nationalism. That is not liberal thinking, but support for totalitarianism. Clinton and Obama didn't sell out the middle class.

They are definitely grooming Chelsea. It's tough get rid of these insects once they infect party. Hopefully me blood cleanses most of these parasites out, if for no other reason than their own political jobs are in great peril. Almost no Democrats are left anywhere anymore other than in a handful of geographies. The Party of neo-slavery Elites is rapidly evaporating. Good riddance. There is nothing worse than a band of Quislings.

Patently false. Such lies have no place here.

Bill

You've embraced Trumpist fascism in exactly the same way Germans embraced Hitler, on the false promises of economic nationalism. That is not liberal thinking, but support for totalitarianism. Clinton and Obama didn't sell out the middle class.

Please debate on the issues. Calling people liars and Fascists with little or no basis is name-calling. Please have some respect for others in this room. Start using counter arguments with members you disagree with instead of calling them names. For instance:--- When you say "Clinton and Obama didn't sell out the middle class", give examples .... Ways in which they benefited the middle class instead of comparing your opponent to Hitler-embracers. You have been far too personal and insulting in this thread (and many others) and you have repeatedly ignored my warnings. You are pushing the limit. This is the last warning.

Patently false. Such lies have no place here.

Bill

You don't have a say in who posts here and who doesn't. I do. It appears I'm going to have to demonstrate that the hard way.

Please debate on the issues. Calling people liars and Fascists with little or no basis is name-calling. Please have some respect for others in this room. Start using counter arguments with members you disagree with instead of calling them names. For instance:--- When you say "Clinton and Obama didn't sell out the middle class", give examples .... Ways in which they benefited the middle class instead of comparing your opponent to Hitler-embracers. You have been far too personal and insulting in this thread (and many others) and you have repeatedly ignored my warnings. You are pushing the limit. This is the last warning.

You don't have a say in who posts here and who doesn't. I do. It appears I'm going to have to demonstrate that the hard way.

Perhaps you should set standards for people who tell patent lies. Such as the Democrats are the party of 21st Century slavery, or that Chelsea Clinton is being groomed to run for president. These things are lies.

Bill

Perhaps you should set standards for people who tell patent lies. Such as the Democrats are the party of 21st Century slavery, or that Chelsea Clinton is being groomed to run for president. These things are lies.

Bill

So be it. Suspended for one day.

Presumably, Bill and Hillary will use every last ounce of their influence to ensure their daughter goes all the way. One usually gets to be president by working his/her way up while gaining experience. As was noted earlier, the Clintons are hard to get rid of.
Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress | New York Post
nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/
Nov 10, 2016 - While some pundits are declaring the Clinton political dynasty dead, sources tell us that it is far from over. Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for ...
www.aol.com/article/2016/11/12/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run.../21604338/
Nov 12, 2016 - Even after Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election and many are declaring an end to the Clinton political family, the New York Post is ...
Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress | theGrio
thegrio.com/2016/11/11/chelsea-clinton-run-for-congress/
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for a Congressional run, after many ... the presidential election and many are declaring an end to the Clinton ...
'Hillary's daughter Chelsea being groomed to run for Congress' - The ...
www.thehindu.com/.../hillarys...chelsea-being-groomed-to-run-for.../article9333824.e...
Nov 11, 2016 - Hillary and Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton is being groomed ... defying the odds to become the 45th US President after starting off as a ...
Chelsea Clinton Reportedly Planning a Congressional Run
nymag.com/daily/.../chelsea-clinton-reportedly-planning-a-congressional-run.html
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton Is Reportedly Gearing Up for a Congressional Run ... says Chelsea Clinton is beinggroomed” for a congressional run. ... Here's What President Obama Told Sasha and Malia After Trump Won the Election.
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is beinggroomed” to run for state Congress, it has ... of former presidential candidate John McCain, tweeted: “Whomever from ...
Chelsea Clinton groomed to run for Congress - WND.com
www.wnd.com/2016/11/chelsea-clinton-groomed-to-run-for-congress/
Nov 15, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for the New York seat held by Rep. ... be 'Coached and Groomed for Public office and Run for President in ...
Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress it is claimed - just ...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/.../chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress-it-is-cla...
Nov 11, 2016 - In her concession speech after losing out to President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday morning, Hillary Clinton was adamant that the fight ...

Chelsea Clinton being 'groomed for Congress' | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3927514/Chelsea-Clinton-groomed-Congress.html

Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton could run for the seat of Rep Nita Lowey, in New York's ... After Donald Trump won Tuesday's presidential election, Americans thought ... have suggested that Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for Congress

Presumably, Bill and Hillary will use every last ounce of their influence to ensure their daughter goes all the way. One usually gets to be president by working his/her way up while gaining experience. As was noted earlier, the Clintons are hard to get rid of.

Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress | New York Post
nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/
Nov 10, 2016 - While some pundits are declaring the Clinton political dynasty dead, sources tell us that it is far from over. Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for ...
www.aol.com/article/2016/11/12/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run.../21604338/
Nov 12, 2016 - Even after Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election and many are declaring an end to the Clinton political family, the New York Post is ...
Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress | theGrio
thegrio.com/2016/11/11/chelsea-clinton-run-for-congress/
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for a Congressional run, after many ... the presidential election and many are declaring an end to the Clinton ...
'Hillary's daughter Chelsea being groomed to run for Congress' - The ...
www.thehindu.com/.../hillarys...chelsea-being-groomed-to-run-for.../article9333824.e...
Nov 11, 2016 - Hillary and Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton is being groomed ... defying the odds to become the 45th US President after starting off as a ...
Chelsea Clinton Reportedly Planning a Congressional Run
nymag.com/daily/.../chelsea-clinton-reportedly-planning-a-congressional-run.html
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton Is Reportedly Gearing Up for a Congressional Run ... says Chelsea Clinton is beinggroomed” for a congressional run. ... Here's What President Obama Told Sasha and Malia After Trump Won the Election.
Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is beinggroomed” to run for state Congress, it has ... of former presidential candidate John McCain, tweeted: “Whomever from ...
Chelsea Clinton groomed to run for Congress - WND.com
www.wnd.com/2016/11/chelsea-clinton-groomed-to-run-for-congress/
Nov 15, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for the New York seat held by Rep. ... be 'Coached and Groomed for Public office and Run for President in ...
Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress it is claimed - just ...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/.../chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress-it-is-cla...
Nov 11, 2016 - In her concession speech after losing out to President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday morning, Hillary Clinton was adamant that the fight ...

Chelsea Clinton being 'groomed for Congress' | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3927514/Chelsea-Clinton-groomed-Congress.html

Nov 11, 2016 - Chelsea Clinton could run for the seat of Rep Nita Lowey, in New York's ... After Donald Trump won Tuesday's presidential election, Americans thought ... have suggested that Chelsea Clinton is being groomed for Congress

That seems to me to be proof positive about Chelsea plans.

The Clintons might want to read some on the Bush dynasty that went down in flames this year.

I personally have had enough of the Clinton/Bushes, wouldn't even consider another one.

Trump has been nearly on every side of every issue. He's walked back his most extreme campaign promises, yet, appointed some scary cabinet members. Everyone's got a best guess. You may be right and you may be wrong. IMO, we're in uncharted territory. Once he takes office, things may clarify, somewhat..

If he helps the working class on his way to self-glory and family riches, then that would be infinitely better than the Clinton/Obama policies which simply demolished the middle class on their way to self-glory and riches.

You've embraced Trumpist fascism in exactly the same way Germans embraced Hitler, on the false promises of economic nationalism. That is not liberal thinking, but support for totalitarianism.

Spycar Bill, you've got it right, as though you've read the playbook.

When a potential dictator plays this game of attempting to win total control, they need some support from the people who originally opposed them. For example, anti-fascists also say that at least Mussolini made the trains run in time.

When a potential dictator has support of enough people, they try to undermine the legislative judicial branches, consolidating power. Fear may be a tool for that. The worst case would be if there was a big false flag attack on DC when Trump was out of town, that took out Congress and the Supreme Court. That would be the ultimate control move: it would kill off the legislative and judicial branches while wrapping the country in fear worse than 9/11.

The same groups that embraced the economic repressive policies of Clinton-Obama, that voted in the primaries for a continuation of these policies, and who expected those who are suffering from these policies to vote for more suffering, are now bemoaning their loss. Rather than to blame others, these groups should take a good look in the mirror. But Elite Establishment cheerleaders would never do such a thing. Why? Because they benefit from the suffering of others and rather enjoy their lot in life. Just like the New Yorkers during the Civil War that found slavery quite OK.

I've started a petition directed at the leadership of the DNC calling for the immediate elimination of Superdelegates.

In my opinion, one of the reasons we lost the 2016 election is because the DNC leadership were completely tone-deaf. To put it bluntly, they were so loyal to the Clinton machine that they ignored a groundswell of Americans begging for change and instead offered them the status quo.

The 2020 election is too important to risk having a candidate handpicked by party elders. The only thing that should matter are ideas and votes.

Please sign this petition and let's make sure our voices are heard loud and clear:

https://www.change.org/p/democrats-should-be-democratic-no-more-superdelegates

Great idea...but will mean nothing. We are doomed to irrelevancy unless we reclaim working people. The Democrats have supported all sorts of policies over the last 50 years or so which directly impacted working people and have instead been more interested in furthering the cause of individual groups. That is laudable but all of those individuals are working people first and whatever niche group they are in second. The Reagan Revolution was a failure and the GOP has changed course....there is no conservative movement in the US anymore....it is all about furthering the cause of working people....and if they pull it off we are done, period.

As a working person first I for one hope they do pull it off. There is nothing better than can happen to the progressive movement in the United States than for the middle class to be strengthened economically. An economically secure middle class is the only path to a progressive society......

No holds barred chat

• Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• grgle

• Where’s at @slideman?

• Hola

• I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• Where does it say 2?

• So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• Mine too. 

• I thought it was my location.. 

• Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• OK thanks

• Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

• By teacher

All lives matter.

• By teacher

Double post deleted.

• By teacher

Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

This one is made for me. 

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom