Wall will be up in less than a year....

An Engineer does the Cost Estimate of Trump's Wall

@Cornichons recently posted a structural engineer's take on Donald Trump's great wall. The original post can be found here: http://imgur.com/gallery/n0JUK As an interested civil engineer, I decided to do some number crunching to see how incredibly expensive this particular project will be. Thankfully, engineer Ali F. Rhuzkan already provided material estimates for the wall. I simply took his material estimates, found national average costs, and totaled them up. Let’s break it down step by step. The previous calculations stated that the wall will be built using pre-cast (place and set at indoor facility and transport harden concrete panels to job site) and cast-in-place (wet concrete placed at site) concrete. We will also need to include the steel rebar in the material costs. Going off of materials estimate we have… 167,272,000 cubic yards of cast-in-place concrete at $93/cubic yard = $15,556,296,000 1,030,000 segments of 10’ pre-cast panels at $17/panel = $17,510,000 2,500,000 tons of steel rebar at $600/ton = $1,500,000,000 Total Material Cost Estimate: $17,073,806,000

$17 Billion!! To give you a mild idea of how much that is, $17 billion is roughly NASA's yearly operating budget. And let’s take a reality check for a moment: this is only a rough materials costs for the project. I haven’t yet taken into account the cost of labor or machinery, not to mention the millions of dollars it would cost for design work, surveying, and land acquisition. If I had an RSmeans book (construction estimating tool) handy I would be able to do a more in depths cost estimate of this Wall. Yes, this is a total estimate of how much this is really going to cost. If you have questions over where I got the numbers, please refer to my sources.

In a year Obama has pissed away more than 1000 billion. That means he could pay for 52 Trump walls a year. The money wasted on TARP alone was 700 billion or 42 walls. Yeah, the cost is not an issue....

5d25cb56c25f9c364805d8e48a7a2fe9.jpg

Hillary up +15, Hillary to win by 90%. Go back to sucking on Nate Silver's cock.

It turns out it will be pretty easy to make Mexico pay for the wall. All Mexican goods coming through the southern border will be assessed a wall tax.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Problem solved. So much for those companies which outsourced to Mexico to dodge taxes and get a low wage work force. It is not going to be cheaper to operate in Mexico anymore.

An Engineer does the Cost Estimate of Trump's Wall

@Cornichons recently posted a structural engineer's take on Donald Trump's great wall. The original post can be found here: http://imgur.com/gallery/n0JUK As an interested civil engineer, I decided to do some number crunching to see how incredibly expensive this particular project will be. Thankfully, engineer Ali F. Rhuzkan already provided material estimates for the wall. I simply took his material estimates, found national average costs, and totaled them up. Let’s break it down step by step. The previous calculations stated that the wall will be built using pre-cast (place and set at indoor facility and transport harden concrete panels to job site) and cast-in-place (wet concrete placed at site) concrete. We will also need to include the steel rebar in the material costs. Going off of materials estimate we have… 167,272,000 cubic yards of cast-in-place concrete at $93/cubic yard = $15,556,296,000 1,030,000 segments of 10’ pre-cast panels at $17/panel = $17,510,000 2,500,000 tons of steel rebar at $600/ton = $1,500,000,000 Total Material Cost Estimate: $17,073,806,000

$17 Billion!! To give you a mild idea of how much that is, $17 billion is roughly NASA's yearly operating budget. And let’s take a reality check for a moment: this is only a rough materials costs for the project. I haven’t yet taken into account the cost of labor or machinery, not to mention the millions of dollars it would cost for design work, surveying, and land acquisition. If I had an RSmeans book (construction estimating tool) handy I would be able to do a more in depths cost estimate of this Wall. Yes, this is a total estimate of how much this is really going to cost. If you have questions over where I got the numbers, please refer to my sources.

In a year Obama has pissed away more than 1000 billion. That means he could pay for 52 Trump walls a year. The money wasted on TARP alone was 700 billion or 42 walls. Yeah, the cost is not an issue....

LMAO!! So you haven't taken into account "I haven’t yet taken into account the cost of labor or machinery, not to mention the millions of dollars it would cost for design work, surveying, and land acquisition," yet you are using some low ball figure to tell us about 42 walls. And the fact is, you list isn't complete, you forgot you are going to need a paved road built, you forgot the rugged terrain. You forgot about rivers and piping. You forgot about electrical power. You forgot about technological costs for cameras, ground sensors, radar, infra-red detection.

I don't fault you for your lack of knowledge in building what Trump called a Great Wall, a beautiful wall, etc., but $17 billion isn't a drop in the bucket for this project.

Hillary up +15, Hillary to win by 90%. Go back to sucking on Nate Silver's cock.

It turns out it will be pretty easy to make Mexico pay for the wall. All Mexican goods coming through the southern border will be assessed a wall tax.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Problem solved. So much for those companies which outsourced to Mexico to dodge taxes and get a low wage work force. It is not going to be cheaper to operate in Mexico anymore.

So we are going to spend a trillion for a wall, and you think the Mexican taxes are going to pay the interest on that debt a year?

The people who buy their goods is going to pay for that wall. And if the goods are to expensive, they will stop bringing them.

It is quite easy to pay for the wall, but seeing your a failed capitalist, you will never get it paid for.