We Want Warren for 2020!

Cecelia

At least that's who I hope is running in 2020. I wish she had run this year (and won), but alas she decided to let Hillary have 'her turn'. Hillary unfortunately squandered the opportunity by running a John-Kerry Campaign of "I'm not Donald Trump!" "Not Donald Trump" would have won the election in a landslide, but Hillary wasn't just 'not donald trump'. And she couldn't get Democrats to come out and vote, especially in areas where they were desperately needed.

I think her campaign slogan should be "Restore The American Dream".

Unfortunately for Clinton and there whole Democratic Party, no one cares about their slogans because their rhetoric does not match their policies. The fundamental problem is that under Obama, we saw the greatest transfer of middle class wealth to the top 1% in our history, and the greatest concentration of wealth in the top 1% in our history.

Clinton promised more of the same and I think that this was the only promise that people believed.

At least that's who I hope is running in 2020. I wish she had run this year (and won), but alas she decided to let Hillary have 'her turn'. Hillary unfortunately squandered the opportunity by running a John-Kerry Campaign of "I'm not Donald Trump!" "Not Donald Trump" would have won the election in a landslide, but Hillary wasn't just 'not donald trump'. And she couldn't get Democrats to come out and vote, especially in areas where they were desperately needed.

I think her campaign slogan should be "Restore The American Dream".

Warren is also my first choice. Sanders second. But in 2020, Sanders will be too old at 79 while Warren will only be 71. Still, at the end of an 8 year presidency, ending in 2028, Warren would be a record-breaking 79 years old.

Where is there any evidence that the reason Warren didn't run this cycle was to let Hillary have her turn? The reason Warren gave, was that she would be more effective in the senate than as president. Warren has certainly positioned herself well, to make a run in 2020. But so far, she's given no cause for hope.

Meanwhile, there's time for one of the younger, rising progressive officeholders, throughout the Nation, to rise to superstardom.

Unfortunately for Clinton and there whole Democratic Party, no one cares about their slogans because their rhetoric does not match their policies. The fundamental problem is that under Obama, we saw the greatest transfer of middle class wealth to the top 1% in our history, and the greatest concentration of wealth in the top 1% in our history.

Clinton promised more of the same and I think that this was the only promise that people believed.

Elizabeth Warren would have credibility that Hillary didn't enjoy. Warren's record in the senate proves that her desire to help ordinary Americans, is genuine. A slogan such as "Restore The American Dream" would be seen as rhetoric entirely consistent with Warren's policies.

In Warren's case, the Republicans can't to come up with any kind of mud slinging other than the feeble "Pocahontas" ploy. She'd be hard for them to smear.

Repukes have nowhere to go but down, the economy will falter and people will once again be at the mercy of savage health ins giants. I think Warren would be a shoe in and I'm sure the midterms will put many more Dems into Congress after 2 yrs of Trump Pence. Things really arnt as bleak as they seem at the moment.

Repukes have nowhere to go but down, the economy will falter and people will once again be at the mercy of savage health ins giants. I think Warren would be a shoe in and I'm sure the midterms will put many more Dems into Congress after 2 yrs of Trump Pence. Things really arnt as bleak as they seem at the moment.

Yes they are as bleak as they seem even worse. The Democrats are going to be out of power for at least a decade at the national level and perhaps longer in many states. However we should use this time to move left on economic issues , bring in more voters especially millennials, and connect with activists fighting for economic justice. Someone like Warren could make a strong case for liberal populism against Trump in 2020 and the GOP Rightwing so that the public remembers over time. When people have had enough they will be willing to give liberalism and the Democratic Party another chance. But all this requires change and hard work . It will be messy because we will have to challenge Democrats who are fiscally conservative and corporate friendly yet socially liberal.

• bullshit 1