You're Too-Young To Have Experienced Nixon-Admin?

It went, a LOT, like THIS.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN13A2I7

I'll be damned. I thought I might be the first person to notice this.......

July 21, 2016

"One thing’s for sure: a Trump administration would turn into a golden age for leaks. Just look at the debacle over the plagiarism scandal surrounding Melina Trump’s speech on Monday. There are different factions in his campaign constantly trying to backstab each other by anonymously leaking to the press. Much like under Nixon, and even in a climate of heightened fear for news organizations, you can bet there will be no shortage of civil service employees willing to tell the press all the crimes happening behind closed doors – especially now that Trump is promising to fire them en masse."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/21/trump-nixon-parallels-campaign-rnc-cleveland

CczHxyxUsAA54m4.jpg

October 15, 2016

"As Donald Trump tries to shift the presidential campaign narrative away from accusations of sexual assault and his boasts about groping women, he's reviving themes, and a style, America has not heard so clearly since the Nixon years. Indeed, with a candidate tutored by one of Nixon's dirty tricksters facing an opponent who worked for the Congressional committee that investigated Watergate, we may be witnessing the last skirmish in the only political war that ever brought down an American president.

Trump's current emphasis, offered at recent rallies, has been on what he terms the corruption of the "establishment" that supposedly controls America in collaboration with "media corporations" who recognize in him an "existential threat." Leaving out only the Illuminati, his argument is a fever dream of conspiracy theories that evokes Nixon at his paranoid worst."

You are aware that Biden was also a plagiarist, correct?

......And, that's got WHAT-to-do with Trumpy's Nixon-like paranoia??

Is this meant as a joke ? BHO surrounded himself with his homies. He even had a commie in his White House team who said the US GOV was behind 9/11.

Gee.....I'm convinced......

853.gif

65210971.jpg

August 21, 2016

"The former reality television stars debt to Nixon is as much about psychology as ideology. America’s 37th president collected resentments like philatelists do stamps. Nixon never met a grudge he did not want to nurse. Roger Ailes, the disgraced founder of Fox News, made his name by training Nixon to smile more and treat TV as his friend in his winning 1968 campaign. It is no coincidence that Mr Ailes is now coaching Mr Trump for his televised debates with Hillary Clinton. He has his work cut out. Mr Trump may have borrowed Nixon’s 1968 playbook by running a fear-based campaign that appeals to law and order. But today’s silent majority is way less white than it was back then. As an electoral strategy, Mr Trump’s campaign is flirting with suicide.

Yet it works as a media strategy. Nixon believed people respond to fear rather than love. “They don’t teach that in Sunday school — but it’s true,” he said. He also harboured a deep hatred of the elites — the professors, Ivy Leaguers and experts whom Spiro Agnew, his vice-president, called the “effete core of impudent snobs”. Mr Trump is surrounded by people with the same Nixonian grievances. His first mentor, Roy Cohn, the legendary New York lawyer, advised people that you should know the judge not the law. Roger Stone, Mr Trump’s oldest friend with whom he speaks daily, believes “hate is a stronger motivator than love”. Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign manager, who resigned on Friday, made his fortune as an adviser to paranoid strongmen around the world. Mr Bannon’s website is dominated by conspiracy theories. Now he has a golden chance to turn his paranoia into a presidential campaign. What will it look like?"

https://www.ft.com/content/c98879b0-65f4-11e6-8310-ecf0bddad22

• 4 weeks later...

quote-the-important-thing-is-that-we-mai

June 18, 2012

"Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the Watergate break-in. For those too young to remember, President Nixon's re-election campaign had people break in to the Democratic National Committee's offices in the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C.

According to an editorial in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette yesterday, one of the lesser known people involved in the break-in spoke in Fort Wayne recently about the ethics of his involvement. Hugh Sloan was the campaign treasurer, and he was told to give $83,000 in $100 bills to G. Gordon Liddy, who led the actual break-in.

When he was asked why, he was told (presumably by John Mitchell, the former Attorney General who was running the campaign), “I dont want to know, and you dont want to know either.” This is what is known as "plausible deniability": I didn't know anything about it. I just did what I was told. This is a tactic favored by many lawyers.

Sloan said about this, “You really do have the right, and sometimes the obligation, to ask why. And when you don’t get an answer, thats the red flag.” In other words, you can deny knowing what is going on. But you can't deny not wanting to know what was going on. The question is, especially in government, Do you have an obligation to know what is going on, so that you can make a responsible decision? Sloan seems to think you do, and I agree.

The most important lesson Sloan shared with his audience regarded his decision to tell the truth about what occurred. “I came to the conclusion: I didn’t leave the team, the team left me. Loyalty and respect have to be earned. If anyone asks you to sacrifice your integrity, they dont deserve your loyalty or respect.”

http://www.cityethics.org/content/loyalty-and-plausible-deniability-40th-anniversary-watergate

December 11, 2016

"President-elect Donald Trump said he does not need to receive the presidential intelligence briefing every day, suggesting in an interview aired Sunday that such briefings are repetitive and he is happy to rely on those around him on matters of intelligence and national security.

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community. But those briefings do not always change day to day, Trump told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace in an interview taped over the weekend. And when he does receive the briefing, Trump said he always instructs those offering him the information to contact him should new developments emerge.

Trump has been critical of the U.S. intelligence community, both as a presidential candidate and as president-elect. The real estate mogul has called "ridiculous" reports that the intelligence community had come to a consensus that the Russian government had launched cyberattacks during the election process intended to help install him as president. He told Wallace that he does not believe the intelligence community's assessment, instead suggesting that it might be a politically motivated attack against him by Democrats."

Trump-surprised.jpg

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-briefings-232479

male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emotic

• 4 weeks later...

December 31, 2016

"Richard M. Nixon always denied it: to David Frost, to historians and to Lyndon B. Johnson, who had the strongest suspicions and the most cause for outrage at his successor’s rumored treachery. To them all, Nixon insisted that he had not sabotaged Johnsons 1968 peace initiative to bring the war in Vietnam to an early conclusion. “My God. I would never do anything to encourage” South Vietnam “not to come to the table,” Nixon told Johnson, in a conversation captured on the White House taping system.

Now we know Nixon lied. A newfound cache of notes left by H. R. Haldeman, his closest aide, shows that Nixon directed his campaign’s efforts to scuttle the peace talks, which he feared could give his opponent, Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, an edge in the 1968 election. On Oct. 22, 1968, he ordered Haldeman to monkey wrench the initiative."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/opinion/sunday/nixons-vietnam-treachery.html?_r=0

donald-trump.jpg?w=400

• 2 weeks later...

Trumpy's STILL workin' on his enemies-list!!!!

January 17, 2017

"He held off when last week a Quinnipiac University poll put his approval rating at 37 percent. He kept his digits off the Twitter account when a Gallup poll on Friday put approval of the way he is handling his transition at 44 percent, about half of Barack Obama’s as he neared his swearing-in.

But on Tuesday, when a Washington Post-ABC News poll had his favorability rating at 40 percent, compared with Mr. Obamas 79 percent before inauguration and George W. Bushs 62 percent, the president-elect had enough."

trump_mad.jpg?1480274851

"OINK!!!!!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/donald-trump-transition-tom-price.html?_r=0

January 23, 2017

"President Trump* will order his defense secretary and Joint Chiefs of Staff to draft a plan to crush the Islamic State, despite his campaign promise that he had a secret plan to do just that."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html?_r=0

Nixon_thumbs_up.jpg?1478127394

http://www.dailydot.com/via/inside-trump-secret-plan-defeat-isis/

Agnew the VP resigned as a criminal.

Nixon REsigned as a criminal.

and raygun and both bush's should have,,,,Iran Contra, and allowing 9-11/Lying us into Iraq

There's always some dirt in the mix; it took 10 or 12 years for JFK's secret war in Laos to come to light.

January 27, 2017

"The American ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki R. Haley, issued a stark warning on Friday to allies and rivals abroad, saying in her first remarks at the headquarters of the world body that the Trump administration would hold to account those who do not back the United States.

Youre going to see a change in the way we do business,” Ms. Haley said. “Our goal with the administration is to show value at the U.N., and the way well show value is to show our strength, show our voice, have the backs of our allies and make sure our allies have our back as well.”

“For those who dont have our back,” she added, were taking names; we will make points to respond to that accordingly.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/americas/nikki-haley-united-nations.html?_r=0

How 'BOUT that.....a good, ol' fashioned NIXON-STYLE ENEMIES-LIST!!!!

Hell....we should have our next REPUBLICAN-INITIATED WAR, IN SHORT-ORDER!!!!